Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Two Camps - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Camps (1141 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Camps by KingzPen(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=14pt]TWO CAMPS (Episode 1)[/size]
It was on a sunny Tuesday afternoon, I sat down at the quadrangle thinking on how to go about with Dr Longe’s assignment. Dr Longe is my literature lecturer. He is bronze in complexion and diminutive. He is bald-headed but he wears cap nine times out of ten because he dresses in ankara (a yoruba native attire). He lectures the 300 level students.
I have been thinking so deeply for minutes but the idea was still bleak.

“Eureka!” I shouted on the spur of the moment.

Everyone around sitted at the quadrangle looked at me astonished.

“The guy is drunk.” Some shu-shued to themselves “He is so high on igbo(weed)”

Some chuckled; concealing their mouth with their hand. I was so engulfed in joy that I finally got the idea to my assignment, so I wasn't really perturbed about their jests.
I rushed to a proximate lecture room to write down the idea I got. I smirked and immediately started writing.

I shouted at him at the top of my voice to leave me alone. He persisted not to let me embark on the journey I was set to go. I was tired of serving him. I needed space for myself and I want to have a taste of what other servants were enjoying at the other camp.
He made several promises everyday to meet our needs when the time comes. I have longed waited for the time but to no arrival. He fulfilled other promises to some servants in our camp and kept me wondering if I am different or just not favoured. Some servants that left our camp to the other camp are now enjoying themselves. They are provided all they needed. Their camp master is so nice to them. Yet in this camp of mine things ain't that rosy as I expected.
My camp master claims the other camp is temporary and would regret all they have now. I guess it is just sheer jealousy my master is having for the second camp, having lost lot of servants to the other camp. I became more aggressive when I received a letter from Gregory Black, a one time friend in this camp that opted out into the other camp. The letter was so enticing when Gregory elaborated how he is enjoying himself in the other camp.

Gregory explained “I now ride on the latest car, I make lot of money everyday, I have a house to myself, I now recruit other servants into this camp, I am now so popular and famous, infact I am made.”

All this got my nerves high to go and confront my master to let me go. He still never wanted me to because of the promises that were ripe for me to harvest. I should have been a little patient but I couldn't have known. After he had denied me leaving the camp, I decided to leave at night. He stood at a vantage point and was looking at me leaving the camp at night. I was foolishly tip toeing out of the camp thinking no one is looking at me. He shook his head and went back to his room. He couldn't sleep that night because he lost another unfaithful servant which was me.
I finally got to the other camp. Wow! It was bubbling all the way. It doesn't seem like it was night time. It was party and fun all the way. Servants cruising in and out of the camp with expensive cars. They all lived so free like oxygen in the air. There wasn't orderliness, this should have been the first sign for me to know that I don’t belong there. Everywhere was noisy. Cars horning, girls shouting, screaming and dancing to the beat of a very loud music, boys smoking and drinking. It was really a jamboree. I silenced the still small voice that kept speaking to my mind to go back to the very camp I belong. I was still confused all this while because I was still yet to fix my rhythm to the new environment. I looked so much like a missing chicken running from one edge to the other at any strange sound.

“Johnny Just Come” Gregory shouted, pointing and looking at me from his car.

It was quite difficult to recognize him because he wasn't dressed like I last saw him and he looks more fierce than I knew him to be. He was heading out of his camp and I had no choice than to follow him. There in his car were two other girls and a guy, I joined the flirting couple at the back sit. Clutching tightly to my luggage that rested on my laps, I began to wonder where I am accompanying them to. Oh My God! This two love birds right beside me couldn't wait till they are private before engulfing themselves in the love that’s driving them nut. I shifted my attention away from them to Gregory who was busy driving with one hand, wondered where the other hand was, later to find out that the girl sitting in front with him was the one that held his other hand captive; hand lost in romantic captivity. My wondering mind could not help but to ask Gregory where we were headed. He was so engrossed in the romantic atmosphere that consumed everybody in the car that made him deaf to my question. The music that kept playing track after track kept passing a message to my lost heart. After listening to “Gobe” a song popularly played in clubs meaning problem, I said to myself “Am in real Gobe” then all of a sudden I heard another sound track that kept repeating the word “Danger see Danger” that was when my mind told me I was really in danger. My temperature ran so high to a degree high enough to boil water. My heart began to race, my legs began to collide with each other continuously like someone waiting to hear the outcome of his pregnant wife in the labour room. Nobody took notice of me even Gregory the one that enticed me to come over. I was totally sidelined. Drops of tears trickled down my face as a still small voice kept convicting me. The freedom I longed for, the peace I desired in the camp is bleak and unreal. The car stopped. Headlight went off. Music stopped. Everybody was quiet. Dead silence everywhere. Total darkness everywhere. I repeatedly said to myself “I am dead!” until Gregory asked everyone to alight from the car. Clinging to my luggage tightly, I got down from the car with fear in my heart. I wished I could go back to my camp to meet my master. Oh my master! Watches over us at night and will never leave us to take crazy risks. Swish!!! Swash!!! Ah!!! Liquid content all on my face, part of my clothe suddenly became wet. Was it drizzling? Did anyone pour water on me? Why are they shouting and growling simultaneously? I kept wondering and wishing I could see a little light to save my curious mind from acting like google search engine looking for an answer to a question. All this while I never knew Gregory had died by the sword of his master and it was his blood and two others that sprinkled on my face and clothe. “You are next to die!” was what I heard that got me aware of that fact. Swish! Swash! Ah! Now the last person is down save me. I knew am next. I began to shiver like a coca cola bottle in a fridge. I wish my master could save me because he always does while I was still with him. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my right shoulder turning me around to face him. Swish! I heard the swift sharp sound of a sword going up. Stop! He shouted. Another person came on the scene. Who was it? I wonder who helped delay my death.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: Two Camps by KingzPen(m): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=16pt]NAIJA SERIES... TWO CAMPS[/size]
Re: Two Camps by KingzPen(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=14pt]TWO CAMPS (EPISODE 2)[/size]

Now the last person is down save me. I knew am next. I began to shiver like a coca cola bottle in a fridge. I wish my master could save me because he always does while I was still with him. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my right shoulder turning me around to face him. Swish! I heard the swift sharp sound of a sword going up. Stop! He shouted. Another person came on the scene. Who was it? I wonder who helped delay my death.
I crawled away immediately from that spot to at least save my head for some minutes. Michael! My name was called with a furious tone. Who amongst these two called me? This was the question that kept ringing on my mind. Michael Anderson White! Now I know it was my master that was calling. His name is Peter White, so every of his servants bear his surname. I am so happy to still be called by his surname. I responded as loud as I can but I still remained at the same position because it was still dark and I could barely see anything. I was still suffering from the shock that I could have been dead few minutes back. Suddenly, everywhere was illuminated by an incoming vehicle. My eyes were as fast as a 4G broadband connection scanning and gathering every piece of fact that happened and currently happening. “Gosh!” I screamed after realizing I have been kneeling on Gregory’s beheaded body. This illumination was really needed. I saw the beast that was about to behead me. He looked so horrible and ugly. He looks so much like one of Nigeria’s past president; am not been specific. He looks colossal. His looks alone got me really scared. He had a frown on his repulsive face that looked directly to my master. My master was wearing a white tuxedo on a white shoe. He looks so handsome. The illumination began to fade away as the source diverted. Some few minutes later, everywhere became dark.

“CrigStone Black! You can’t own or kill my servant!” my master exclaimed.

Now I know his name, “CrigStone.”

CrigStone laughed and afterwards aggressively replied “I own him already, too late.”

I said to myself immediately “How late? Beheaded me already? Fool!”

I made up my mind to run away from there regardless of the consequence. I took to my heels towards the direction I have mapped out when everywhere was illuminated. I ran faster than Usain Bolt. I kept running without bearing. After running interminably, I decided to get some rest because I was comatose already. I sat hopelessly on the floor. My breathing was very fast and loud. I became so relaxed after some time. The breeze was welcoming; I really felt I was at the Bahamas. I immediately dozed off.
Gregory Black introduced me to a lady in their camp. Her name was Chantel. She was the real definition of beauty. She is tall and fair with a very long curly hair. She is blonde. She has a figure eight-like shape; she is curvy in shape. She got a blue pupil colour and a perfect smile that kept her irresistible. I wasn't looking bad as well so we easily bonded. I was already used to my new camp. I have started enjoying the goodies the camp offered. I was now rich and famous. Chantel suggested we take a drive out. We set out in my yellow ferrari. I let her drive. I feel so comfortable hanging out with her. We were both laughing out loud while listening to a comedy program on the radio. I was so carried away to notice she was driving towards the area where three souls were killed in cold blood. She was on a very high speed. Stop! I shouted. She stepped on the brake quickly. She was shocked why I shouted and I was covered with fear because the area was familiar; deadly familiarity. Precipitously, I came down from the car and screamed at her to come down immediately. The headlight of the car was still radiating so we could still see our way back for some distance. We left the car and started running back. She kept asking why we left the car and taking to heels but my panting heart was not ready to answer. We stumbled into darkness in no time. Total darkness. We decided to rest a little after the dashing. Swish! Swash! Ah! Not again. My face was wet. I don’t need a seer to tell me it is CrigStone. He has sliced Chantel. I ran aimlessly away from that very place. I was running so fast with my two hands flapping ahead of my body. I was so unhinged that I stumbled on a rock and fell. Before I could stand up, CrigStone arrived so quickly and stood over me. Swish! I woke up.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: Two Camps by KingzPen(m): 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=14pt]TWO CAMPS (EPISODE 3)[/size]

We decided to rest a little after the dashing. Swish! Swash! Ah! Not again. My face was wet. I don’t need a seer to tell me it is CrigStone. He has sliced Chantel. I ran aimlessly away from that very place. I was running so fast with my two hands flapping ahead of my body. I was so unhinged that I stumbled on a rock and fell. Before I could stand up, CrigStone arrived so quickly and stood over me. Swish! I woke up.
After spending days and nights working on Dr Longe’s assignment, I finally finished. It was late already for me to proceed back to my hall of residence so I decided to sleep in the lecture room where I just completed my assignment. I layed down on a long bench, and kept my books on the table in front of me. I last remembered it was 2:14a.m. before I dozed off. I didn't really enjoy my sleep because, the army of mosquitoes that attacked me were more or less like the boko-haram sect in action. They made lot of annoying sounds that made me slap myself every single minute. I was so beleaguered by these vermin so I decided to sit up and crosscheck my assignment which I wrote in a foolscap sheet. While scanning, I fell asleep again; nature cannot be cheated, so I placed my ever nodding head to rest on the table. It was a nice sleep. The mosquitoes have retreated. I was so comfortable, exchanging my hands simultaneously from under my resting head. I began to snore. I snored very loud, just as loud as a locomotive train. I disturbed other reading students in the room. They were all grumbling and mumbling at my unpleasant sound. No one could dare wake me up or dare touch me because I look fierce and huge. The students started leaving the room because the environment was becoming bright. They all left me still sleeping; punishment for disturbing them. I was later tapped by a security personnel. I didn't really feel being tapped so I change my sleeping position. He has no time for nonsense so he decided to give me a slap that got my sleepyhead back on track. I woke up confused. I was bolted from the blue when I didn't see other students in the room. I swiftly wanted to arrange my books when I noticed my assignment is gone. I had drooled all over my assignment paper and my unremitting hand movement over it made it look like a papier-mache material.

“Won’t you go to your hall?” the security man asked with a commanding tone.

I frowned at him with one corner of my left eye, because my 30marks is just lying useless in front of me; Dr Longe’s assignment is his test. The security man respected his old self and walked away because I could daze him in a jiffy. I really don’t know what to do at that very moment. I don’t have much time to write another assignment and I can’t afford to forfeit 30marks, I thought to myself. The best option was to filch someone’s assignment. It was already 7:19 a.m. I hurriedly set out for my hall.
Dr Longe’s lecture is for 8:00a.m. I have less than an hour to be prepared and get my filching mission executed. I got to my hall with the plan of just brushing my teeth and combing my hair; bathing was never an option if I really wanted to accomplish all I had in mind. While I was brushing, I tried all I could to silence the soft dissenting voice that kept playing over and over again in my brain. Although am an exco in my church fellowship, but never will I let that interfere in my academics. I will beg for forgiveness after all, I smiled as I thought to myself. I set off for my mission. On my way I diverged to meet Bayo, my buddy, at the cafeteria whom I explained my intentions to. He succumb so easily because I bought him a bottle of maltina to step down the beans and bread he was gobbling. Our plan was well arranged before we arrived at the lecture room.
It was 7:47a.m. when we entered. Everywhere was raucous; guys arguing loudly about the soccer match that was played yesterday, some girls were jealously gisting about the current Miss Nigeria; why it should or shouldn’t be her that won. Me and Bayo were sitted at the back of the lecture room looking all around like primary school pupils attempting to cross an express road. After meticulously searching for our prey, we finally found one, Sade. Sade is a busybody, she was busy jumping from one gisting group to the other. While she was away from her sit, Bayo made the move according to plan. He went straight to meet Sade to distract her away from her sitting position while I ransack her bag for her assignment. Bayo is a cute guy; girls in my class trips for him, so that gave him an edge to arrest Sade’s interest. Oh my! Sade’s bag gave me arduous time to open. I was so struggling with the zip of her bag that I obliviously began to sweat. The sweat that kept dripping because of fear of been caught in the act. Zip! It finally opened. Thank God, I almost said. Sade was no longer interested in all Bayo have to say again because Dr Longe would soon come in. I raised my head to see Bayo trying his last chance by pulling her back as she turned to come to her sit. My hand was shaking while I buried my head back to continue searching. Bayo kept trying to ignite the fire of a romantic gist they were having while Sade fumed at every bit of it.

“Good Morning Sir!” some students greeted.

I raised my head up quickly only to see Sade looking at me shocked.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: Two Camps by DEllaluv(f): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Two Camps by KingzPen(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
Loooool... Don't mind me... When I just started..
D.Ella.luv:
Re: Two Camps by tushwitch(f): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
I've seen this piece on ivorytalk before, are you by any chance a uite?
Re: Two Camps by KingzPen(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
tushwitch: I've seen this piece on ivorytalk before, are you by any chance a uite?
Yes I'm... U?
Re: Two Camps by tushwitch(f): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
KingzPen:
Yes I'm... U?
just got admission to study Linguistics.... nice piece btw, you didn't finish it there too
Re: Two Camps by KingzPen(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
tushwitch:
just got admission to study Linguistics.... nice piece btw, you didn't finish it there too
I have finished it... Go and read ' My Life On Campus'
Congratulations, welcome to the first and the best...
Re: Two Camps by tushwitch(f): 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
KingzPen:
I have finished it... Go and read ' My Life On Campus'
Congratulations, welcome to the first and the best...
ok...lol, thank you

(1) (Reply)

The Justice Creed. / Adventures Of Fola (Romance Thriller) / Mills And Boons, Heartsong, Sillouette Or Harlequin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.