Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor (1127 Views)

Read 18+ Romantic Love Stories With Exclusive Sex Scenes On Mr Awesome's Diary / Short Stories By Talius Dike / Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor by Cathypeggy: 5:37am On May 24, 2018
Episode 1

Running so fast and almost out of breathe, at the same time looking for safety as the man with a machete chased so hard. I kept knocking on every door but no one opened. I got to the end of the street with no where else to run to, I turned and saw myself face to face with this 'beast'. Thoughts running through my head but no one to act on, I knelt down as he lifted the machete, JESUS... I shouted as I jumped from the bed. It was just a dream Darling, my mum said as she held me close. Mum what am I doing in the hospital I asked.
Mrs Thompson, thank God you are awake, Dr. Eve as I call her said. Eve( short form of Evelyn) has been my childhood friend as well as my best friend and also my family Doctor. I touched my stomach, oh no! I cried, I just had another miscarriage. What happened to me Eve? I asked inquisitively. I should be asking you that Zara as she held my hands. Your husband rushed you here 3days ago, that he came back from work and saw you lying helplessly in the floor. He has not been able to eat talk more of going to work. So where is he now? I asked curiously. I told to go home and at least freshen up, my Mum answered. Young lady you need to rest now, Dr Eve said as I laid back.

To be continued
Re: Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor by Cathypeggy: 6:02am On May 24, 2018
Episode 2

Still on the hospital bed wondering how I got there, the only thing I remembered was rolling down the staircase with my 5months old pregnancy. This is my 10th miscarriage since I got married 3years ago to my husband, Pastor Thompson Chikezie Ubani who is the senior Pastor of the Church. Tears welled up again in my eyes as I remembered the scan showed it was a boy. This is the first time my pregnancy has lasted up to 5months so I had big hopes that he would come out alive. My mum started encouraging me as usual and ministering to me from the Bible. I don't want to listen, in fact I am tired, I shouted at my mum. She looked at me in shock and before I knew it, she has started praying and blasting in tongues casting out every demon of tiredness and discouragement. I cried the more and covered my face with my palms. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulders, I looked up and saw my husband in tears. We hugged so tight as I needed it at that time.
Tom whispered in my ears, I'm so sorry baby, please be strong for us. I looked at him with anger and at the same time sympathy and gave him a resounding slap. Everywhere became quiet as my prayer warrior mum opened her mouth in disbelief. My husband still came closer and gave me a hug saying I understand Baby, I still love you even without kids. My mum bursted into tears as she saw my husband not offended. She knelt down and started apologizing on my behalf. I held my husband so close and apologised amidst my confusion and frustration. The rest of the day went quite well as my husband tried so hard to make me happy and Eve already told us we could go home the next day. I fell in love with my husband over again.

To be continued
Re: Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor by Cathypeggy: 6:03am On May 24, 2018
Episode 3

The first one week after returning from the hospital was blissful. It was like another honey moon as my husband did almost everything for me including joining me in the bathroom. I felt like a spoilt child but one challenge I had was going back to Church. I am tired of hearing "sorry ma, God will bring another one". How do I start explaining how I lost the baby? I had series of dreams before Sunday. I was hoping God would postpone Sunday because of me but it finally came. I reluctantly got off from the bed to shower as my husband was dressing up. I gave him a hug and greeted him then went off to the bathroom. Dressing up was war but my husband was patient enough. Our journey to Church was the fastest and most quiet ever. I could see that my husband was unhappy but I didn't bother asking what the problem was because I had enough problem to worry about.
I stepped into the Church while worship was on, I walked very fast to my Chair on the Altar. I prayed to God to restore my Joy and boldness, praises started and I found myself dancing like never. I could tell that everyone in Church was looking at me but it didn't bother me one bit. The reality of the scripture "In the presence of the Lord, there is FULLNESS of Joy....." dawned on me. My husband mounted the podium and ministered filled with the Holy Ghost. Service ended on a very high note. I gave some members a hand shake and tried as much as possible to stop them from asking questions.
A new week began and we went back to our normal self. I own one of the biggest beauty parlours around while my husband was an engineer and also a Pastor. I was getting dressed when I heard a knock on the door. It was Mama( Tom's mum).

To be continued
Re: Deeper Than Love- Stories By Sarah Irabor by Cathypeggy: 6:04am On May 24, 2018
Episode 4

Good morning ma, I greeted and hugged her. Good morning Baby girl, she responded as she held my waist. Tom is the only child of the parents as well as I am the only child of my parents. My mum was a retired secondary school teacher while my late Dad was a retired soldier. After God gave me to them, my mum was unable to conceive again due to some complications surrounding my birth but my parents lived happily like they had more than one child. My dad would always tell my mum each time she talks about her inability to conceive again that, Zara is 10children in 1. My dad is from the West while mum from the East but they lived like they were from same place. Tom's dad is a Pastor in another Church is separated from his wife, Tom's mum. They are both from the East but separated when Tom was 16 due to some issues they have never talked about till date. Both parents liked me a lot because I attended the same secondary school and university with their son. We were best friends and later fell in love. Tom was my first and last boyfriend as our relationship led to marriage. Our love is an 'inspiration' to many. We tried everything to remain that inspiration and role model.
Mummy, Tom didn't tell me you were coming. Don't mind that silly boy, she said. I tried calling him but he didn't answer and you too, you have joined the group of people that don't pick calls. Jesus! I just remembered my phone has been on silent since yesterday during service. I quickly reach out to my bag and saw almost 24 missed calls. Few from Tom's mum and friends, the rest from my mum. As I was about to call back, my mum's call came again. Hello mum, I answered in the most romantic way ever. This child you will not kill me oh, are you people okay? Shouting with the strength of a warrior. Mum please I am now a woman and not a child, I answered her. Just shut up! she blasted. You think it is funny abi? I almost had a heart attack. I am sorry mum, I quickly stopped her from saying more. She replied, sorry for yourself Mrs Zara Thompson. How are you and your husband? She asked. Fine ma, I replied.
She finally said thank God oh, oya bye. She swiftly ended the call. Back to mummy Tom.

To be continued. ..

(1) (Reply)

Hiss - A Short Story / The Best Poem You Have Ever Read / ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 15" Written By @saint_haywhy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.