Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch (15147 Views)

PHOTOS: See The Hair Cut This NYSC Member Rocked To His POP / NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend / Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Policewoman(f): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
So until i show a medical report, a bruised puzzy, stained bedsheet and pant, the court will not believe i'm raped? What happened to taking samples from her and analysing it for DNA match? smdh undecided
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by JuanDeDios: 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
obo_man: The part that displeases me the most was when the Judge said evidence such as torn clothes, torn cover and bruised Vagina be provided as evidence....

Surely, it is the work of the Police ( that is if we have medical experts that are trained to examine rape victims) to provide such evidence.

We don't have such in Nigeria, so telling the victim to come up with such evidence after a painful ordeal (if she was indeed raped) is unprofessional and cruel.

If we are to win the war against rapists in Nigeria, we need to to build rape-victim units across the country, where rape victims are examined and counselled within the first 24 hours of an attack. A special unit of the police will then visit the place to gather evidence.

I personally don't blame the judge, the blame lies with our inept system. What if she was/wasn't telling the truth? It's hard to say with our current system.
Right

Policewoman: So until i show a medical report, a bruised puzzy, stained bedsheet and pant, the court will not believe i'm raped? What happened to taking samples from her and analysing it for DNA match? smdh undecided
But that's the work of the police. The judge is merely saying your "DNA match" was not tendered before him. The police rushed to court without bothering about forensics, maybe hoping the girl's tears will sway the judge to convict.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Policewoman: So until i show a medical report, a bruised puzzy, stained bedsheet and pant, the court will not believe i'm raped? What happened to taking samples from her and analysing it for DNA match? smdh undecided

Samples of what ?
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2013

Yes the Oba must do it on a bed and victim should snatch off the bedsheets on the Oba's bed ,her clothes and private parts must be torn and she must show the torn up private area to the judge
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Zealcorp: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
I condemned rapist but with all sincerity, no judge on earth would have judge contrary to this without any prove, also tracing d girls' claims, there seems to be certain relationship btw them for her to have follow her to d palace. The act was done in d palace n not in d girl's house. We can't definitely call dis a rape. If truely d girl was right, NYSC would have even taken d case up coz where she claimed to have been rape is not actually her place of her primary assignment. So a case of no exhibit, evidence,n no witness would be difficult to prove in any court of law. Note that besides ur evidence or exhibit, Court would still ask for a witness.
A lesson for our girls
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Originalsly: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
The judge made the correct decision. But that doesn't mean she was not raped. Since the two of them were involved intimately such a case is very hard to Prove. If she describes his manhood and all that it means nothing. She would need a witness and marks on her body to stand a chance to win. Then again the judge is asking for some strange proof...to see her bruised private?...then he would still declare it was not ehmmm...battered enough to prove rape. And a medical report to prove forced entry....how can that be proven when the two were engaging in the act all along? The judge is a pervert.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by dheaven: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
She should av sued the monarch for intimate harrasmen instead of molestation because she is not a virgin.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
obo_man: The part that displeases me the most was when the Judge said evidence such as torn clothes, torn cover and bruised Vagina be provided as evidence....

Surely, it is the work of the Police ( that is if we have medical experts that are trained to examine rape victims) to provide such evidence.

We don't have such in Nigeria, so telling the victim to come up with such evidence after a painful ordeal (if she was indeed raped) is unprofessional and cruel.

If we are to win the war against rapists in Nigeria, we need to to build rape-victim units across the country, where rape victims are examined and counselled within the first 24 hours of an attack. A special unit of the police will then visit the place to gather evidence.

I personally don't blame the judge, the blame lies with our inept system. What if she was/wasn't telling the truth? It's hard to say with our current system.
You need to read the Penal Code and the Criminal Code to know what rape is. There must be penetration of the pènis into the vägina. Yes, this did happen, but the girl could not show evidence of bruises, torn cloths, etc, which play a critical before an act could be termed rape. It is possible for the girl, as has been established by the judge, to have had a relationship with the oba; only to turn around to say he raped her. The evidence of bruises and torn cloths will establish whether or not the intercourse was consensual or otherwise. In this case, there was no evidence that man raped her.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Afolabs101: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

This judge deserves to be beheaded

The Court established that there was a relationship between the two, so already it would be difficult to prove the sex act was not consensual.

When the Judge says the victim did not show bruising on her private parts, it is not to show the court or the Judge, but at least she soul have come with a Doctor's report stating there was signs of bruising or forced entry. Also she could have exhibited torn clothes or underwear as further exhibits.

Without any of the above it would be very difficult for the Judge to find the accused Monarch guilty
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2013

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Afolabs101: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2013

She didn't give a sample, and DNA in Nigeria?? Policewoman, do NPF have a Forensics lab??
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

How Osun monarch Molested me –Ex-corps member tells court

earing continued yesterday at an Osogbo High Court on the case of an alleged molestation of 23-year-old Helen Okpara, who was a National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) member by a traditional ruler in Osun State, Oba Adebukola Alli, the Alowa of Ilowa in Obokun local government area of the state. The victim revealed how the monarch Molested and bruised her private part.

“The monarch came over me and I started panicking and ran into a toilet where he started struggling with my clothes and pulled it off. He collected my clothes and said he was going to soak them in water. He came inside the room and switched off the light, he struggled with me on bed and that was how he Molested me. I kept shouting but the Oba told me that nobody would hear me. And after I noticed that something was dropping from my private part.”

Okpara who recently completed her national service in Ilowa, the monarch’s domain was led in evidence by the principal state counsel, Mr. Biodun Badiora and she took her time to explain to the court how Oba Adebukola forced her to bed.

Miss Okpara, while narating her ordeal said, “I was engaged by the monarch to distribute forms for a computer training he organized and after distributing the computer training form to the participants, I told the Oba that we are through for the day and he said I should wait that he was going to drop me on the way to my house. So I waited for him and he drove me in his car but when we got to the front of my house where I was expected to drop, he said I would have to follow him to Osogbo for the registration of the forms, saying that the state government is expecting the forms.”

She explained further : “I told the Oba that it was late and that I can’t make it to Osogbo but he made a promise to bring me back to the village whatever time it cost. When we got to his house in Osogbo, he didn’t mention anything about the registration of the forms, so I told him I wanted to leave but he said it was already getting late and that he couldn’t risk driving at night.”

“I told the Oba to drop me in front of a police station that I would find my way home, he didn’t comply. Instead, he went inside a room and came out with a bundle of N200 notes and threw it at me that I should collect, because he mentioned how impressed he was with my performance at the computer training centre but I told him I didn’t need his money.”

According to Okpara, Oba Adebukola went in with the money and when he came out of the room, he had undressed
“When I told him I was leaving, he said I wasn’t going back that night and that he had been using many ways to get at me but I always turned down his advances and he said he was going to harm me that night.”
The accused monarch was in court and it would be recalled that he had told the court through his counsel, [size=15pt]Tawfiq Tewogbade that he made love to Helen and that she enjoyed it while it lasted.[/size]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/mar/20/newsbreak-20-03-2012-001.html

Its a lover story gone wrong

A guy has consensual sexx with a girl she claims rappe when things dont go her way

Just like in Kobe Bryants case
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by dayokanu(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
A female used her legs entered the Obas car at night, went to Oshogbo, Went into the Obas bedroom alone

And days later comes back to claim rappee.

Lol. You must think every one is foolish
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2013

You need to read the Penal Code and the Criminal Code to know what rape is. There must be penetration of the pènis into the vägina. Yes, this did happen, but the girl could not show evidence of bruises, torn cloths, etc, which play a critical before an act could be termed rape. It is possible for the girl, as has been established by the judge, to have had a relationship with the oba; only to turn around to say he raped her. The evidence of bruises and torn cloths will establish whether or not the intercourse was consensual or otherwise. In this case, there was no evidence that man raped her.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Dogzimalon: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
When judges meet prostitutes what do u expects
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
There was a relationship between the two of them before the alleged molestation else common sense would have told her to go to the oba's palace with a fellow corper, preferably a male.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
It's a man's world
When the Deji of Akure poured hot ashes on his wife bolanle ,was he convicted?
She is now dead and buried
This former Youthcorper survived her ordeal
She will be alright
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by JuanDeDios: 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
... Moreover, a "DNA match" only proves they had sex. To prove ra.pe you'd still need evidence of force.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ola Johnson:

This is just one woman from another area
80 % of The indigenous Osun girls are molested by age 18
Let the Osun women cry and go unclad about their animals called men

1 Like

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by JuanDeDios: 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi: It's a man's world
When the Deji of Akure poured hot ashes on his wife bolanle ,was he convicted?
She is now dead and buried
This former Youthcorper survived her ordeal
She will be alright
I feel you. Unfortunately, short of "juju", insisting on proof in criminal cases is the only way to try to ensure innocent people don't rot in jail. These safeguards were written into these laws by very smart men. In more developed systems studies have shown that justice is actually done most times by simply following these rules. That is why the laws remain and people have learnt to be patient with them and accept the flaws.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

Don't worry about Osun girls. They are omoluabi. You should be worried about your sisters that open their legs for biancalization easily.

2 Likes

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
DP
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by cashkidisback(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sijo01:

are you a learner
why n hw
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
In certain parts of Nigeria, what do you expect?

These people probably believe that even if the girl was a helpless child of 4 years old and the man was 35. Especially If she was Igbo and he was Yoruba...if no evidence of rape was present she is lying because the little loose prostitute enjoyed the Yoruba co...ck.

Cause ya know, dic....k wins ALWAYS over womanliness no matter what, ESPECIALLY Yoruba d....ick over Igbo pu.....ssy.

As you can see from the stats, In osun state age is nothing but a number, and it's a free for all. No such thing as rape. You have a vagina...baby or adult, say yes or no, struggle or agree it don't matter.

D....ick over P....ussy!!!! Especially if you are an Igbo girl!!!

SMH.

Ask the molesters of the >80% girls molested over there and they would wholeheartedly agree with the above.

A cultural thing, I guess.

babyosisi:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC KHAKI And Accessories / Plateau State Stream 1 / My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.