Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch (15164 Views)

PHOTOS: See The Hair Cut This NYSC Member Rocked To His POP / NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend / Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by condralbede(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
watin evn carry her enter d man house?
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by fashizie(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
followed this story frm the beginning,and really felt justice shuld take its full course.but as painful as it may seem its a lesson for every young girl...a young girl with no aristo tendencies will hardly fall into this unfortunate show of shame.
if u ask me the girl got involved in a very unnecesary association with a monarch that is a poligamist.
sour grapes...end of.......
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2013

How Osun monarch Molested me –Ex-corps member tells court

earing continued yesterday at an Osogbo High Court on the case of an alleged molestation of 23-year-old Helen Okpara, who was a National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) member by a traditional ruler in Osun State, Oba Adebukola Alli, the Alowa of Ilowa in Obokun local government area of the state. The victim revealed how the monarch Molested and bruised her private part.

“The monarch came over me and I started panicking and ran into a toilet where he started struggling with my clothes and pulled it off. He collected my clothes and said he was going to soak them in water. He came inside the room and switched off the light, he struggled with me on bed and that was how he Molested me. I kept shouting but the Oba told me that nobody would hear me. And after I noticed that something was dropping from my private part.”

Okpara who recently completed her national service in Ilowa, the monarch’s domain was led in evidence by the principal state counsel, Mr. Biodun Badiora and she took her time to explain to the court how Oba Adebukola forced her to bed.

Miss Okpara, while narating her ordeal said, “I was engaged by the monarch to distribute forms for a computer training he organized and after distributing the computer training form to the participants, I told the Oba that we are through for the day and he said I should wait that he was going to drop me on the way to my house. So I waited for him and he drove me in his car but when we got to the front of my house where I was expected to drop, he said I would have to follow him to Osogbo for the registration of the forms, saying that the state government is expecting the forms.”

She explained further : “I told the Oba that it was late and that I can’t make it to Osogbo but he made a promise to bring me back to the village whatever time it cost. When we got to his house in Osogbo, he didn’t mention anything about the registration of the forms, so I told him I wanted to leave but he said it was already getting late and that he couldn’t risk driving at night.”

“I told the Oba to drop me in front of a police station that I would find my way home, he didn’t comply. Instead, he went inside a room and came out with a bundle of N200 notes and threw it at me that I should collect, because he mentioned how impressed he was with my performance at the computer training centre but I told him I didn’t need his money.”

According to Okpara, Oba Adebukola went in with the money and when he came out of the room, he had undressed
“When I told him I was leaving, he said I wasn’t going back that night and that he had been using many ways to get at me but I always turned down his advances and he said he was going to harm me that night.”
The accused monarch was in court and it would be recalled that he had told the court through his counsel, Tawfiq Tewogbade that he made love to Helen and that she enjoyed it while it lasted.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/mar/20/newsbreak-20-03-2012-001.html
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by pickabeau1: 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
I feel sad

Justice is for the wealthy and powerful

I believe the girls account but the law is an a~rze

I wish the best of her rehabilitation
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

If Nigeria was India, that man would have been sentenced to death.
Before you jumped into what you just said, try to know what rape is. There must be penetration and bruises.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by JuanDeDios: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

This judge deserves to be beheaded
He doesn't. Read the story again - he gave reasons for his judgement. (1) No forensic proof (2) There was an existing intimate relationship between the two. If court judgements are handed out emotionally, nobody will be safe. Your househelp will wake up tomorrow and accuse you of attempted murder and you'd be doing time before the blink of an eye.

2 Likes

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by ennon92(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
I hope nemesis would catch up with this judge dats if and if..... That's y if they re being butchered mercilessly,all we need do is seek 4giveness from God first b4 pitying them cos they might av oppressed d oppressor.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
It was all about the wretched throne.

Ilowa Community Wants Aregbesola To Intervene In Monarch’s Rape Case

[b]In a bid to save the Ilowa traditional throne from public embarrassment, the people of the community has appealed to the state government to intervene in the trial of the rapecase against their mornarch, Oba Adebukola Ali.
Hundreds of indigenes of Ilowa-Ijesa in the Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State on Thursday protested to the state Governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, and the leadership of the state House of Assembly to wage into the trial of the monarch who is currently in the Prison custody.
The people of the community, led by their kingmakers, were received at the Executive Chamber, Office of the Governor by the state Deputy Governor, Otunba Grace Titi Laoye-Tomori, Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Moshood Adeoti, and the Governor’s Chief of Staff, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola.
The younger brother to the monarch, Olagunju Ali; and Oba Odo, David Oduremi who spoke unbehalf of the people of the community call on the state government to prevailed on the interested parties in the case to preserve their “cherished traditional throne”.[/b]
They also denied the rumor around the state that the kingmakers are planning to remove Oba Alli from the throne, affirming that the whole community is strongly behind him despite his current ordeal.
In her response, the deputy governor told the community to rule out political coloration in the case of their monarch saying that Alowa had identified with the Aregbesola administration from its inception with the aim of advancing the Ilowa community.
She, however promised to ask the state Ministry of Justice to study the case and advice the government accordingly, saying the accused had failed to furnish the public his own side of the story.
“All this while, all we read in the newspapers is the lady’s side of the story. This is the first time I am hearing your own side. But I want you to know that his problem is not politically motivated as some of you have said,” the deputy governor said.
Corroborating the deputy governor, the SSG also told the community that the state government under Aregbesola respects the principle of separation of power among the three organs of government and will strictly adhere to the rule of law.
The monarch has been facing trial before an Osogbo Magistrate Court on two count charge over the allegation of raping one Miss Helen Opara a serving corps member.
The monarch was remanded in prison custody during the trial by Magistrate Olalakan Ijiyode.

1 Like

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by VirginFinder: 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You no well o grin grin

I'm well o. wink

ibo ladies are ours anytime anyday.

In short, the ibos are our wives.

Wishing us Yoruba (men) and the ibo(our wives) happy married life. grin
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
The girl stood no chance
Osun is the rape capital of Nigeria
The judge is probably one

1 Like

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

How Osun monarch Molested me –Ex-corps member tells court

earing continued yesterday at an Osogbo High Court on the case of an alleged molestation of 23-year-old Helen Okpara, who was a National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) member by a traditional ruler in Osun State, Oba Adebukola Alli, the Alowa of Ilowa in Obokun local government area of the state. The victim revealed how the monarch Molested and bruised her private part.

“The monarch came over me and I started panicking and ran into a toilet where he started struggling with my clothes and pulled it off. He collected my clothes and said he was going to soak them in water. He came inside the room and switched off the light, he struggled with me on bed and that was how he Molested me. I kept shouting but the Oba told me that nobody would hear me. And after I noticed that something was dropping from my private part.”

Okpara who recently completed her national service in Ilowa, the monarch’s domain was led in evidence by the principal state counsel, Mr. Biodun Badiora and she took her time to explain to the court how Oba Adebukola forced her to bed.

Miss Okpara, while narating her ordeal said, “I was engaged by the monarch to distribute forms for a computer training he organized and after distributing the computer training form to the participants, I told the Oba that we are through for the day and he said I should wait that he was going to drop me on the way to my house. So I waited for him and he drove me in his car but when we got to the front of my house where I was expected to drop, he said I would have to follow him to Osogbo for the registration of the forms, saying that the state government is expecting the forms.”

She explained further : “I told the Oba that it was late and that I can’t make it to Osogbo but he made a promise to bring me back to the village whatever time it cost. When we got to his house in Osogbo, he didn’t mention anything about the registration of the forms, so I told him I wanted to leave but he said it was already getting late and that he couldn’t risk driving at night.”

“I told the Oba to drop me in front of a police station that I would find my way home, he didn’t comply. Instead, he went inside a room and came out with a bundle of N200 notes and threw it at me that I should collect, because he mentioned how impressed he was with my performance at the computer training centre but I told him I didn’t need his money.”

According to Okpara, Oba Adebukola went in with the money and when he came out of the room, he had undressed
“When I told him I was leaving, he said I wasn’t going back that night and that he had been using many ways to get at me but I always turned down his advances and he said he was going to harm me that night.”
The accused monarch was in court and it would be recalled that he had told the court through his counsel, Tawfiq Tewogbade that he made love to Helen and that she enjoyed it while it lasted.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/mar/20/newsbreak-20-03-2012-001.html

In as much as I don't support rappe or maltratment of women, I also won't play to the gallery due to sentiments. As this case stands, no one can deduce that he actually rapped the girl considering the way the lady narrated the story.

The man is not disputing the intercourse but he maintained that the lady consented to it. Btw, what's the lady doing in his bedroom ? Did she call for help or scream ?
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by VirginFinder: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi: The girl stood no chance
Osun is the rape capital of Nigeria
The judge is probably one

Hasn't the monarch been shamed enough?

To me, that is enough punishment.

The Oba was in his palace jeje when the corper sleeked in and he ...
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

You are celebrating ra.pe?
You must be a rapeest too
It runs in the veins
A judge orders a rape victim to show bruises on her private area in court evidence?

The other victim could be your sister
I hope you will dance then
Apart from d fact that d lady claims she was raped how do u know she was a 'victim' as u say? And how do u expect her to prove her case if she was truly raped? Now if she can't show a doctor's report or any evidence should d judge punish d monarch just cos she says she was raped? Don't come here n talk rubbish just cos u r female n r sensitive n sentimental to anoda female. Argue factually n not sentimentally...
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Virgin Finder:

It never wins especially if its an ibo one up against a Yoruba rod. grin grin grin

Mu he he he he he

Poosy is made to be phocked. And fingered. grin
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by kevinkod(m): 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dis is my verdict: dey ar both adult who has been having affairs but tings went wrong & d accuser decided 2 to raise alarm to gain CHEAP sympathy n tarnish d royal father's image. D question is, did she deny having an affairs with d oba b4 she raised d raping alarm? SHE HAS NO CASE!
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
babyosisi:

Which law or medical books did this eediot read?
Make sense instead of insulting people. Should he b convicted without evidence? U need to read more.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by kabba7(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
Somorin#1:
Seems to be a most prudent judicial decision.
Ooooooooooo
Some people are just plain sily so they wish to get a conviction for a case of rape without a medical report I just hope the monarch took a reseanable quantity of 'opa ehin' that would give him the streanght to do am well, that Ibo gal wan enjoy herself ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ at the same tine got paid for what she savour!
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by VirginFinder: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
pDude:

Mu he he he he he

Poosy is made to be phocked. And fingered. grin

Yeh! My ears eyes!!

I saw just the real word after I quoted you.

I hope this thread will not disvirgin me o!

Abeg take am easy ehn.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
kabba7:
Ooooooooooo
Some people are just plain sily so they wish to get a conviction for a case of rape without a medical report I just hope the monarch took a reseanable quan tity of 'opa ehin' that would give him the streanght to do am well, that Ibo gal wan enjoy herself ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ at the same tine got paid for what she savour!

You guys won't suffocate me here o grin
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
She boarded a Monarch's un-chaffeured car, went with him to submit forms at Osogbo when obviously offices have closed? Biko, how did she get into this man's room? Was it so late she couldn't have found people in neighbouring houses to help "agubaniran" out? Biko, I don't blame this judge not that the accused is right but evidence(s) need be tendered naa. Miss Okpara, it's a tough world. And for 'em saying Ibo women this and all......sorry to burst your bubble, I know an Ibo man who had 6 yoruba women bear him children, so stop going tribal on every topic, it's childish eeeeeesh

1 Like

Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
If you've been following this story, you'll realize the girl has been a liar in this case for a long time. At a point in time she said she was still a virgin until the oba "raped" her. A test was carried out on her to establish whether this was true or otherwise. It was discovered that she lost her virginity a long time ago, in her early teens. She didn't deny it.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by mu2sa2: 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
This Oba is lucky that the case was not heard by a female judge. In ra/pe cases female judges dont hesitate to hand down conviction even on flimsy evidence.By contrast, a male judge would look for the flimsiest loophole in the case to acquit. That's the reality worldwide.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by JuanDeDios: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
mu2sa2: This Oba is lucky that the case was not heard by a female judge. In ra/pe cases female judges dont hesitate to hand down conviction even on flimsy evidence.By contrast, a male judge would look for the flimsiest loophole in the case to acquit. That's the reality worldwide.
Lol. You mean em women judges throw the book at you once they hear rape! Anyway, I think this judge made the right call - you don't convince out of emotion. There has to be some evidence and the circumstances has to support the charge.
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Sijo01(f): 8:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
cashkid is back:

are you a learner
Re: Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
The part that displeases me the most was when the Judge said evidence such as torn clothes, torn cover and bruised Vagina be provided as evidence....

Surely, it is the work of the Police ( that is if we have medical experts that are trained to examine rape victims) to provide such evidence.

We don't have such in Nigeria, so telling the victim to come up with such evidence after a painful ordeal (if she was indeed raped) is unprofessional and cruel.

If we are to win the war against rapists in Nigeria, we need to to build rape-victim units across the country, where rape victims are examined and counselled within the first 24 hours of an attack. A special unit of the police will then visit the place to gather evidence.

I personally don't blame the judge, the blame lies with our inept system. What if she was/wasn't telling the truth? It's hard to say with our current system.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC 2014 Batch B States' Of Deployment Library / A+ / Plateau State Stream 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.