Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! (4071 Views)

Deactivation Of Antispambot In The Diary Section. / The Nairaland Deactivation Button. Issues. / KUDOS, Nairalanders Deactivation Button Has Been Added (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Vivly(f): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
Abu Mikey:

He was here cheesycheesy

Troublemakercheesycheesy
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Adamskuty(m): 12:07am On Oct 09, 2013
onila: naa not me

am just one person and she is Ob.... cool
hmm! I kinda like that 0b.. cheesy infact right now i'm thinking about her grin

Crack da ribs

#.i'm..sleeping.oo
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Adamskuty(m): 12:09am On Oct 09, 2013
Vivly: Troublemakercheesycheesy
omg! shocked girl u set ooh,following sharp sharp cheesy

meanwhile follow back tongue
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by blackpanther25(m): 3:00am On Oct 09, 2013
What happened to Queen_of_sheba sad
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by onila(f): 5:01am On Oct 09, 2013
Ghanaian Miss_3v3 has gone too undecided
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by onila(f): 5:03am On Oct 09, 2013
Adamskuty: hmm! I kinda like that 0b.. cheesy infact right now i'm thinking about her grin

Crack da ribs

#.i'm..sleeping.oo
cheesy
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by himakrati(m): 6:56am On Oct 09, 2013
hey onila add me on whatsapp..... +917275762409
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by freecocoa(f): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2013
Please how do I deactivate my account? I'm not seeing the button o.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 09, 2013
Khalessi:
grin
is dis spongeback?? I'm asking cos of ur signature
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2013
booqee: is dis spongeback?? I'm asking cos of ur signature
lipsrsealed
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by AbuMikey(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2013
freecocoa: Please how do I deactivate my account? I'm not seeing the button o.

Click on "edit profile" wink

Scroll down and you would see the "deactivate" button!

Click » A new page

Click a 2nd time »» Viola!!!!

Your account dies a natural death gringrin

So easy!!! lipsrsealed

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Vivly(f): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2013
What happened to nairaland? An hour ago, nairaland forum wouldn't open. I got 'Bad gateway' responses
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by AbuMikey(m): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2013
Vivly: What happened to nairaland? An hour ago, nairaland forum wouldn't open. I got 'Bad gateway' responses

I thought I was hacked oo grin

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Vivly(f): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2013
Abu Mikey:

I thought I was hacked oo grin

Same here. I was still trying to reload the page. It made me realize i'm kinda getting addicted.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by AbuMikey(m): 9:12am On Oct 09, 2013
Vivly: Same here. I was still trying to reload the page. It made me realize i'm kinda getting addicted.

Exactly!!

The addiction is somehow!! embarassedembarassed

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by funkybaby(f): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2013
you cannot force people to remain as members of an online forum.

people should have the option of deactivating their accounts if they wish to do so.

what you should be canvassing for is the creation of the option to reactivate such accounts if they wish to do so.

in my own opinion, the account deactivation option is a welcome development and it does not in anyway 'devalue' the nairaland brand, affect the number of new members or reduce the number of 'hits'.

those who are 'loyal' members of the forum will remain

2 Likes

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by freecocoa(f): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Click on "edit profile" wink

Scroll down and you would see the "deactivate" button!

Click » A new page

Click a 2nd time »» Viola!!!!

Your account dies a natural death gringrin

So easy!!! lipsrsealed

Thanks.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Mynd44: 10:21am On Oct 09, 2013
freecocoa: Thanks.
**raises eyebrows**

thinking of committing NL suicide? Before you stab yourself, I will miss you.......

Wash!!!!tonguetonguetonguegringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by freecocoa(f): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
**raises eyebrows**

thinking of committing NL suicide? Before you stab yourself, I will miss you.......

Wash!!!!tonguetonguetonguegringringringrincheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
I know you won't , those that will are not even here anymore.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Obrafour(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2013
onila:

yea, I cant follow pple again

the space for the names on my profile is full grin

I suggest you unfollow some monikers who are no longer active. I am sure you will have a lot of Nobody accounts to unfollow.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Mynd44: 10:30am On Oct 09, 2013
freecocoa: I know you won't , those that will are not even here anymore.

What? Me that I have been stalking you with my 5 alternate handles. Oya gimme your phone number before you go so I will have some closure grin
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by AbuMikey(m): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2013
freecocoa: Thanks.

Ermm,

Don't deactivate your accout please wink

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by dasparrow: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2013
@Post

Like everything else in life, some people are abusing the deactivation button. I hope Seun or Mukina could do something about that.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Vivly: What happened to nairaland? An hour ago, nairaland forum wouldn't open. I got 'Bad gateway' responses
same with me
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Obrafour(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Like everything else in life, some people are abusing the deactivation button. I hope Seun or Mukina could do something about that.

How do you mean Sir?... Its a better option than to have inactive users taking up space.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
onila:

this is spongeback cheesy
I observed u left

glad yr back, make sure u follow me

I aint allowed to follow pple again
I have passed the limit tongue

Actually you haven't Miss Onila, there's a guy called Goshen360 in the religion section, he literally follows all of nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/goshen360

Guess you are just a special case.

1 Like

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Phder: Deactivated my account (since 2011) last night (same with Facebook and ask.fm), guess I was having a really bad day. I had to create another one later today, I missed NL so much. Seun should have allow easy reactivation, just like that of Facebook.

Exactly! This was the same thing I said in the thread advocating deactivation of accounts. I do support allowing people deactivate, but unfortunately people are going to get impulsive sometimes and abuse that power. There should be a feature which allows people to reactivate during a period of time.

That way you can separate impulsive people from those who are certain of what they want.

2 Likes

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by RoyalPearl(f): 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
onila: Ghanaian Miss_3v3 has gone too undecided
Yes and Semuhlebaby and Subomi-luv(lol i liked her)
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Yes and Semuhlebaby and Subomi-luv(lol i liked her)

We must know that man was not made for Nairaland but Nairaland was made for man.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Danhumprey: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
So much for the De-activation button. Well,I think Seun hasn't finished work on it yet.
Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Mynd44: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
barefootbandit:

Exactly! This was the same thing I said in the thread advocating deactivation of accounts. I do support allowing people deactivate, but unfortunately people are going to get impulsive sometimes and abuse that power. There should be a feature which allows people to reactivate during a period of time.

That way you can separate impulsive people from those who are certain of what they want.
People asked for the feature and it was provided. Do you know the stress it would involve? It would be almost a nightmare.

People would cause trouble and get into fights and deactivate the account so no one will know it is them. When the dust settles, the will reactive and act like nothing happens.

People asked for this feature and it was given.

1 Like

Re: This Deactivation Stuff Is So Nonsense! by Danhumprey: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
Vivly: So much for that button. That was how somebody opened a thread in the romance section, once it hit front page, the person deactivated her account.
Not really. It hasn't yet made Front page as at then. If you notice,I was the 3rd poster on that thread after Mynd and Ogugua. It's seems they didn't notice that the author of the thread had deactivated his or her account. It's just sick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys Are Cheat / Girls Dont Just Gerrit, If We Bone Dem, Dem Don Finish / What Shall You Be Remembered For As A Nairalander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.