Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning (4452 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery / Mtn Surprises This Woman With 15 Million This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by dmighty: 5:52am On Oct 09, 2013
I dont know weither to put ds trend under job and unemployment or to see it as an inernet fraud dt Nigerian society is exposed to! I heard finally dt Multilinks will finally be shutting down their CDMA network nationwide ds morning 9th October. What ds implies is dt a few Nigerians who are still using multilinks internet facility will suddenly discorver any moment frm d time am sending ds on niraland dt they cant browse again, ds will be more painful if u just recharged ur modem( router or evdo modem). Of cause it also means a few ppu using multilinks will will not be able to call out. Ultimately, it means a few workers dt remain in VI and Abuja office will also join d overcrowded unemployement trend hitting d nation!
After a monumental fraud dt hit multilinks Telkom by d topmost management South Africans, who were at d healm of affairs after they bought it frm Indians, they had sent several workers home( since they cant pay innocent and loyal workers again). This happened up till nov. 2011. Those top managements involved eapecially South africans (and of cause a few Nigerians at d? top) had since returned to their country enjoying their lives. D average hardworking Nigerians sent out due to d fraud committed frm d topmost are still looking for a way out 2 yrs after d event of mass closure thruout d nation...D government was never there to protect an average nigerian so, foreigners even come, misbehave, enslave us and get out unhurt...very soon now MTN technical staffs will soon be thrown out of job if all info am hearing is something serious to beleive (and having being in telecoms industry for a while, i know it is true). So Mtn guys shd be set for their share of d bite. Ds nonsense of cause affected me also but, thank God, who is making ways since then. Starcoms just woke up and threw everybody out, including d network subscribers; multilinks did same and will complete such nonsense today. Question is do we have NCC in place at all? Do we have a labour Ministry apart from portfolio? No legislooters to defend anything. They enact laws dt fees their greed but, expose average nigerians to more danger. Do u see why they said foreigners shd invest here and get highest return in our booming economy...wht u dont know is dt its easy for foreigners to make profits here since we ve no regulatory body, as such nigerians will suffer for d gain of foreigners. a nation going down d drain daily by the action and inaction of leadership...woe unto u oh land when ur king is a child and ur princes feast in d morning. Was there a country called Nigeria?[b]I dont know weither to put ds trend under job and unemployment or to see it as an inernet fraud dt Nigerian society is exposed to! I heard finally dt Multilinks will finally be shutting down their CDMA network nationwide ds morning 9th October. What ds implies is dt a few Nigerians who are still using multilinks internet facility will suddenly discorver any moment frm d time am sending ds on niraland dt they cant browse again, ds will be more painful if u just recharged ur modem( router or evdo modem). Of cause it also means a few ppu using multilinks will will not be able to call out. Ultimately, it means a few workers dt remain in VI and Abuja office will also join d overcrowded unemployement trend hitting d nation!
After a monumental fraud dt hit multilinks Telkom by d topmost management South Africans, who were at d healm of affairs after they bought it frm Indians, they had sent several workers home( since they cant pay innocent and loyal workers again). This happened up till nov. 2011. Those top managements involved eapecially South africans (and of cause a few Nigerians at d? top) had since returned to their country enjoying their lives. D average hardworking Nigerians sent out due to d fraud committed frm d topmost are still looking for a way out 2 yrs after d event of mass closure thruout d nation...D government was never there to protect an average nigerian so, foreigners even come, misbehave, enslave us and get out unhurt...very soon now MTN technical staffs will soon be thrown out of job if all info am hearing is something serious to beleive (and having being in telecoms industry for a while, i know it is true). So Mtn guys shd be set for their share of d bite. Ds nonsense of cause affected me also but, thank God, who is making ways since then. Starcoms just woke up and threw everybody out, including d network subscribers; multilinks did same and will complete such nonsense today. Question is do we have NCC in place at all? Do we have a labour Ministry apart from portfolio? No legislooters to defend anything. They enact laws dt fees their greed but, expose average nigerians to more danger. Do u see why they said foreigners shd invest here and get highest return in our booming economy...wht u dont know is dt its easy for foreigners to make profits here since we ve no regulatory body, as such nigerians will suffer for d gain of foreigners. a nation going down d drain daily by the action and inaction of leadership...woe unto u oh land when ur king is a child and ur princes feast in d morning. Was there a country called Nigeria?[/b]I dont know weither to put ds trend under job and unemployment or to see it as an inernet fraud dt Nigerian society is exposed to! I heard finally dt Multilinks will finally be shutting down their CDMA network nationwide ds morning 9th October. What ds implies is dt a few Nigerians who are still using multilinks internet facility will suddenly discorver any moment frm d time am sending ds on niraland dt they cant browse again, ds will be more painful if u just recharged ur modem( router or evdo modem). Of cause it also means a few ppu using multilinks will will not be able to call out. Ultimately, it means a few workers dt remain in VI and Abuja office will also join d overcrowded unemployement trend hitting d nation!
After a monumental fraud dt hit multilinks Telkom by d topmost management South Africans, who were at d healm of affairs after they bought it frm Indians, they had sent several workers home( since they cant pay innocent and loyal workers again). This happened up till nov. 2011. Those top managements involved eapecially South africans (and of cause a few Nigerians at d? top) had since returned to their country enjoying their lives. D average hardworking Nigerians sent out due to d fraud committed frm d topmost are still looking for a way out 2 yrs after d event of mass closure thruout d nation...D government was never there to protect an average nigerian so, foreigners even come, misbehave, enslave us and get out unhurt...very soon now MTN technical staffs will soon be thrown out of job if all info am hearing is something serious to beleive (and having being in telecoms industry for a while, i know it is true). So Mtn guys shd be set for their share of d bite. Ds nonsense of cause affected me also but, thank God, who is making ways since then. Starcoms just woke up and threw everybody out, including d network subscribers; multilinks did same and will complete such nonsense today. Question is do we have NCC in place at all? Do we have a labour Ministry apart from portfolio? No legislooters to defend anything. They enact laws dt fees their greed but, expose average nigerians to more danger. Do u see why they said foreigners shd invest here and get highest return in our booming economy...wht u dont know is dt its easy for foreigners to make profits here since we ve no regulatory body, as such nigerians will suffer for d gain of foreigners. a nation going down d drain daily by the action and inaction of leadership...woe unto u oh land when ur king is a child and ur princes feast in d morning. Was there a country called Nigeria?
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by krugar07(m): 6:32am On Oct 09, 2013
OP make your post more standard.
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by olahero(m): 6:47am On Oct 09, 2013
NIGERIA is a good country, but we have NO good leader and that's an enormous problem is fight us. I HOPE THINGS WILL CHANGE.
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by seunlayi(m): 6:53am On Oct 09, 2013
This is bad for those subscribers that are still using the network and at the same time, good for mulitilink. They came and exploit i REMEMBERED BUYING A BOX FONE FOR 20K and now, it is time for them to pay the price. R.I.P
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by rman: 6:55am On Oct 09, 2013
When a business is no longer profitable, management tries different methods to reverse the trend nd if it doesn't work, the businesss will be shut down. GSM just happens to be the preffered technology here and since the gsm opertors have the money, CMDA opertaors have continously lost subscribers to them in Nigeria. It is just a matter of time before some of them fold up. Multilinks has been sold to Helios towers, a company strictly into building and maintaining telecom infrastructures for co-location.

Competition in gsm industry has lead to different business strategy being deployed to maximize profit. Everybody is now operating the managed services model ( outsourcing ) in telecoms industry in Nigeria. MTN just happens to still be the last man standing and they are finding it very difficult to compete. So, they may also have to outsource the technical aspect of their operations to vendors.

Regulators (NCC ) are not there to kill businesses, in fact, their primary responsibilty is to make sure the environment is fair to both business and customers. NCC can not compell a company to retain staffs. NLC and NCC my come in if the laid off staffs are not adequately compensated.

Privitization is good in the long run, if well managed. But, I have never been a fan of government privaitizing everything, especially key sectors. I believe NITEL/MTEL should have been made to survive under government.
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by ITbomb(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2013
Did anyone read this?
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by Omosegun(m): 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Over 3 weeks now, Multilinks signal has ceased in Abeokuta city capital of Ogun State. NCC fold arms and refuse to say a word. I prefer CDMA internet provider to the GSM.
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by warrenweste(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2016
is these company still in service?
Re: Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning by dmighty: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
warrenweste:
is these company still in service?
Multilinks is still in service, More of Enterprise Solution...Fibre and Internet to Companies etc

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Infinix Phones That Support 4G LTE Network / Guys, Which One Should I Go For and why?HuaweiY9,Redmi Note7 And Nokiax6. / Gionee M5 Plus, 64gig, 3gig, 5020mah Battery, Fingerprint, 30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.