Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

GSM Networks' Customer Care - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / GSM Networks' Customer Care (2974 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Internet Usage On Nigeria’s GSM Networks Increases To 81 Million / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2008
Guys,all these while i wanted to activate my sim for Glo Direct(internet gprs).I called their C.C on several occassion,only to be told to my chagrin and utter dismay by different agents that in 48hours my line will be activated,another person told me to go to Glo world,another person told me to call 200 that his colleagues handles any matter concerning activation of gprs.Yet another posited that,the service is only available for POST PAID subscriber etc.Today finally i went to Glo office only to be told that Glo Direct is available only for Post Paid subscriber.I also tried to activate my me2 u credit transfer service but to no avail.Send ACT to 131 i was told by their C.C several times,but to no avail.One thing keeps botherin my mind,do these service providers employed NOVICE or are their Customer agents only there to collect salary without meetin the needs of the Consumers.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by Emeka72(m): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2008
yes I agree with you not only glo Glo I even observed that even celtel agents don't know anything about GPRS even I being a user know much about it than most of their agents.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by skweezer: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2008
UP MTN,

Everywhere you go.

Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by brinebaba(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2008
Tseew!
I hate em 'agents'.some of em r so rude!
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by malikalhaj: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2008
skweezer:

UP MTN,

Everywhere you go.

guy what's that suppose 2 mean? mtn is as f**ked as the rest of them, i'll probably say starcomms is the best when it comes to cc
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by brinebaba(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
*talkin mob*
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by hancock(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2008
IM BACK grin

Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by Chidi4u(m): 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2008
Honsule what you said is correct they know nothing about the networks i always call Glo customer care and i have never recieved satisfaction from them the way i call Glo i dont call Mtn like that infact most of their agents are technically bereft just programmed like robots my name is so so and so may i know your name and where you are calling then how may i help you f then finally thank you for chooseing Glo some times i feel like slapping them they will never solve your problem after i lost my Glo sim card i called Glo for more than 20 times to activate gprs for me they kept promising 48 hrs it will be done no way failed promises eventually i had to go to Glo world in my area and Guess what ? Find out in the next episode
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2008
Mtn customer care hmmm.When i was using my LG U8180 then,there was a day after browsing in the morning with my phone i called their C.C askin them to send me mms.After the mms settings was sent,it replaced my gprs browsing setting.I called them again, and the guy that attend to me told me mtn gprs is not compatible wit my phone.I asserted that i just browsed with my phone before the mms settings came in.The guy bluntly told me that,"why are you telling lies"i was mad,i just cut the call.To my surprised the guy called me back only to ask me why did i cut the call.I told him categorically that i don't have the time to bicker over gprs browsin with him.Eventually he sent the wap settings to my phone,and i started to browse again.Imagine that.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Chidi4u.I want to read/hear your next and conclusive episode with Glo C.C
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by malikalhaj: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ skweezer
and there u were praisin mtn and all tseeew
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2008
Starcomms hmmm.The other day i bought one of their phone (the toy one) for #1750.I just called their C.C to asked more on their tariff etc as a new subscriber.It was around 9pm and the guy that attend to me was actually "sleep talking"he told me,"call back 2morrow and we will answer you properly".I felt discourage and couple with their access dayz expiration i sold the phone for #1500.Experience they said is the best teacher,but the school fees is sometimes very exorbitant.Learn from others.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by samuelk(m): 1:01am On Jul 02, 2008
I feel celtel's customer care agents will be nice to you until they hear the word gprs,to me,they are still the best and most efficient
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by Chidi4u(m): 10:19am On Jul 02, 2008
Complete version of my Glo story still coming stay tuned for the concluding part
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 3:48am On Jul 07, 2008
+Whenever i recollect this i laugh+after a very long time i decided to give celtel my beloved network a call yesterday sunday, to know the state of our gprs.It was a lady that answer.I asked her,pls how much do you people charge for gprs browsing?(pretendin to be a novice)can i pls put you on hold as i check.My people can you imagine,celtel customer care agent don't know how much they charge for gprs,"sorry for puttin you on hold we charge 10kb".My next question was,how can i activate my line for celtel internet gprs?She replied,your line is already activated.I told her no my line is only activated for wap,she now told me,JUST GO AND RECHARGE YOUR LINE YOU WILL BE ACTIVATED.See novice.I now told her to send me the settings.After pressin pc to obtain info,she now told me sorry my Sule,our gprs is not available for now,whenever it is available we would send you a text.I can't just help but laugh.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by samuelk(m): 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
Chai
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by brinebaba(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2008
Wot a wrd
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by luluosas(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2008
Celtel customer care almost make loose my attendant last night. After i was connected, there was no sound, no voice, no music of whatever sort. I was there just like that for about 10min until i almost dozed off before my phone rang when Representative Kenneth came on board. Imagine the call i make around 3.28am that was suppose to be treated immediadiately because of less traffik at that time.
I cannot remember when last i stayed for 6min on the phone with a Representative on the glo customer care any day any time, time of call and time of attendance inclusive . The maximum has been 4min and the resolution is over. That is the way a concerned customer care should perform.
GLO - Kudos.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by luluosas(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2008
Celtel make una go die 4 gutter yare. Wetin de happen for una customer care sef? People we no sabi work, people wey no know work na him una employ to meet with distinguished customers. Una biko!
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by luluosas(m): 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2008
Most of the people working in the customer care unit of Celtel are novice and pure illiterate. I called the customer care to swap a Sim for my sister that lost her phone to armed robbers. I was told i cannot do it even if it's my wife's own. Agreed.
I proceeded to meet the sister to respond to any question they may asked her. OK.
We started to call 111 for 1hr 28min and never went through. What a pity!
Finally, we were connected shorted after that. Thanks to God! Abi?
The lady who was on seat started answering my sister after introducing herself. Alright!
The conversation began. Ok.
Meanwhile, the phone was on a speaker, that is why i am relating the experience here. Good!
Who am i speaker with? Your name bla bla bla. You know na!
The crux of the matter.
After my sister had finished given her the informations she needed to do the swapping, we were shocked when the lady suddenly said, Sorry, the system that is doing the swapping is not available. Call us back tomorrow morning. This was 11.54pm last night. Can you imagine?
She actually called again around 05.50am this morning only to be told that the swapping machine is still not available asking her to back by 10.00am latter. What can we do to these rubbish of customer care dissatisfaction?
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2008
@Lulus.That is too bad.Mtn introduction of pin in transfer of credit{share and sell} is another story entirely.I will be back with my own experience with their customer care.Watch out!
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by hayprof(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
Can't remember any worse encounter wit a Cu rep.
Ya'll go on wit the thread am feeling it. .
:happy:
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2008
*walks in*guys am just coming from celtel main office in Ibadan.I was there yesterday only for a gorgeous damsel(a novice) who attended to me asserted that she can activate new sim for me,but not for em em s.I left their office with a copy of their latest magazine"share.Our world".I went back there today to do sim swap and to activate a line.I went directly to the same damsel only for her to end up telling me that,it will take time and long process for her to activate my line.Discouraged,i met another of their agent,he sincerely told me that the service is not available for the moment.(activation).However,he asked me to put down my name,phone model and number for activation.I now asked him,when should i expect the activation,he said,"i don't know".It could be any time.Wow,i left their office not after i have taken two more magazines.2k for celtel mms sim,sb told me that.Some people are desperate.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by Mustay(m): 10:10am On Sep 01, 2008
[center] NCC names Zain best in customer service[/center]

The Nigerian Communications Commission, on Friday, awarded Zain the prize of being the telecom network with the largest customer care outlets and also commended it for showing genuine commitment to serving its customers.

The award was presented to the copany at the fifth anniversary of the Telecoms Consumers Parliament held in Abuja.

According to the Executive Vice-Chairman, NCC, Mr. Earnest Ndukwe, besides investing heavily in setting up customers care and contact centres across the country, Zain had also recruited and empowered its dealers to handle and resolve customer enquiries throughout the country.

He said it was the resolve of the commission to ensure the prevalence of good customer service in the telecom industry, stressing that it was NCC’s job to make sure consumers were not taken for granted but get value for their money.

The prize was presented to Zain before a live audience comprising telecom consumers, regulators, consumer advocacy group, journalists, and operators.

The award to Zain by the NCC comes barely a fortnight after the company was rewarded for the fifth straight year by the Nigeria Telecom Awards for the being the best customer care operator in the country.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2008
i guess it is eye service.we know better."zain what a wonderful spending of money"
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by flyuche(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
@mustay. This is not news. This is a paid advert. I found out the same news article about these telcos is replicated in all the dailies
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by Mustay(m): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
the fact remains that "NCC names Zain best in customer service!"
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by MrInfo1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
Gbam!
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by dragnet: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
IMHO, Zain is the best. . . .

My conclusion is based with my encounter with the three c.c.s.
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by MrInfo1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 01, 2008
Zain has always been best "Customer Care wise" But i guess Visaphone would soon take over that. Call 333 (from a Visafone Network) and listen to their answering machine shocked
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by honsule(m): 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2009
3 weeks gone after i called Glo C.C my Glo sim is not yet activated
Re: GSM Networks' Customer Care by Dclique(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2009
Visit their c.care centre or somthng.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help A Brother Tecno D9 Got Bricked / Gionee Marathon M5 For Sale / Lg G8 Thinq And Lg G8x Thinq Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.