Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,768 members, 7,851,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

Korean Movies Chatroom - TV/Movies (1726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Korean Movies Chatroom (1995981 Views)

List Of 2014 And 2015 Korean Dramas / Interestin Korean Movies / Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
toykathy:

She is wow

Correct!

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama title

SYMPTOM

Sign

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

Since when I was the most beautiful has ended, I'm curious to see if your answers have changed.

I haven’t watched it yet so my answers remain the same

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2021
toykathy:

Sign

Erm... Nope

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2021
kangminhyuksho:

When a drama is full of mumu cliches and tropes or for better understanding

Oh! Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2021
Racket boys continue to be my happy place. The whole white wolf thing was a tad overdramatic and had me rolling my eyes but the moral was a good one sha and I hope all bullies die mtcheww. That old woman refusing to speak for years cos she was "humiliated and embarrassed" that her husband died made absolutely no sense to me. If they had said it was sadness and heartache I would have understood but embarrassment pfft. Anyway I cried when her grumpy daughter cried. I love the city couple and I'm so glad they're pregnant. They are so sweet. Somebody throw yong Tae away, he's an oversabi that knows everything except the obvious things lol. He doesn't know hae Kang and seyoon like each other, he doesn't know Yoon dam and hansol are dating, he doesn't even know that a girl likes him. Aigoo I can't deal. I sha hope hae Kang doesn't end up poisoning the whole village with his curry before the end of this drama.

Chai so when I first heard about you are my spring, I thought it was going to be some summery cute romcom. These people gave me a dark thriller and I am loving it so far. I really hope it doesn't end up disappointing me like doom at your service. I thought the drama was just OK until I got to the end of episode 2 and I'm like WHAT?!!!! Did Yoon Park really die die? Heol! Just when I was about to complain that oppa is playing a psycho and I need him to be in more lovey dovey roles, mans came and off himself. Anyway the end of episode 2 left me really intrigued and now I'm going to make a series of rubbish guesses that will totally not be true

1. Oppa didn't die, he'll be taken to the hospital and maybe lose his memory or something.

2. Yoon Park oppa is the son of the next door neighbor that seo Hyun Jin wanted as her dad.

3. Seo Hyun Jin and Kim dong wook are those kids that had a crush on each other and he probably helped her commit or cover up a crime and she can't remember lol

4. And the wildest guess, maybe the neighbor dad was accused of killing seo Hyun Jin's dad.

LOL aigoo see how I'm fooling myself, anyway I'm very happy to see my Kim dong wook, I love how he's handsome in an understated way. I miss him. The last time I saw him was in the guest. Also Nam gyuri unni is hilarious in her role. Love her

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Racket boys continue to be my happy place. The whole white wolf thing was a tad overdramatic and had me rolling my eyes but the moral was a good one sha and I hope all bullies die mtcheww. That old woman refusing to speak for years cos she was "humiliated and embarrassed" that her husband died made absolutely no sense to me. If they had said it was sadness and heartache I would have understood but embarrassment pfft. Anyway I cried when her grumpy daughter cried. I love the city couple and I'm so glad they're pregnant. They are so sweet. Somebody throw yong Tae away, he's an oversabi that knows everything except the obvious things lol. He doesn't know hae Kang and seyoon like each other, he doesn't know Yoon dam and hansol are dating, he doesn't even know that a girl likes him. Aigoo I can't deal. I sha hope hae Kang doesn't end up poisoning the whole village with his curry before the end of this drama.

Chai so when I first heard about you are my spring, I thought it was going to be some summery cute romcom. These people gave me a dark thriller and I am loving it so far. I really hope it doesn't end up disappointing me like doom at your service. I thought the drama was just OK until I got to the end of episode 2 and I'm like WHAT?!!!! Did Yoon Park really die die? Heol! Just when I was about to complain that oppa is playing a psycho and I need him to be in more lovey dovey roles, mans came and off himself. Anyway the end of episode 2 left me really intrigued and now I'm going to make a series of rubbish guesses that will totally not be true

1. Oppa didn't die, he'll be taken to the hospital and maybe lose his memory or something.

2. Yoon Park oppa is the son of the next door neighbor that seo Hyun Jin wanted as her dad.

3. Seo Hyun Jin and Kim dong wook are those kids that had a crush on each other and he probably helped her commit or cover up a crime and she can't remember lol

4. And the wildest guess, maybe the neighbor dad was accused of killing seo Hyun Jin's dad.

LOL aigoo see how I'm fooling myself, anyway I'm very happy to see my Kim dong wook, I love how he's handsome in an understated way. I miss him. The last time I saw him was in the guest. Also Nam gyuri unni is hilarious in her role. Love her

Yeah! Racket boys is giving me so much joy too. I really hope In Hoo will join the competition somehow. I cried my eyes out when that grandma died. There was more of side stories this week and it was not boring at all. All is left now is to see my babies win competitions

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
toykathy:

Yeah! Racket boys is giving me so much joy too. I really hope In Hoo will join the competition somehow. I cried my eyes out when that grandma died. There was more of side stories this week and it was not boring at all. All is left now is to see my babies win competitions

Hopefully the mumu boy, you know you want to play but you purposely lost, he was now crying about. Aigoo they are all precious.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama title

SYMPTOM

Dear olodos,

SYNDROME

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by toykathy(f): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2021
Birthdays :

1. Shin Hyun Soo

2. Han So Eun

3. Choi Chan Ho

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:09am On Jul 08, 2021
Happy birthday to yum Jung ah unni. A class act!

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2021
OK so now I'm confused. When I first heard about melancholia with Lee do Hyun and im soo Jung, I thought I read something about it going to be a forbidden romance between a teacher and a student and I was excited but now I'm reading the plot and it seems it's not going to have romance and it's probably going to be just about a teacher encouraging a student, I'm sort of bummed. I was looking forward to watching a dysfunctional storyline with lots of Grey areas (lol or maybe black) but oh well, it's ldh, it's isj. I'll watch whatever they give me.

*currently watching*: racket boys, hospital playlist 2, you are my spring, age of innocence
Song of the day : toy - brothersu and yoo yeonjung

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2021
Game time

JUNG YUMI

1. The first drama you saw her in

2. The most recent drama you saw her in

3. Your favorite drama of hers

4. Your favorite character she's played

5. Your favorite drama otp involving her

6. Favorite line/quote she has said in a drama (optional)

7. A character you'd like to see her play

8. A person you'd like to see her paired with in a drama (or in real life lol)

Let the record show that there are 2 Jung yumi's in the industry (*sigh* instead of one of them to make it easy for me and choose a stage name). Anyway this is the one born in 1984 currently dating kangta

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 9:43am On Jul 08, 2021
UGH Nevertheless!

This girl is begging for trouble + heartbreak + everything bad. I get that Jaeon is like the next best thing to sliced bread with his 'niceness' and delicious looks but come on.

The good part about Nabi is that she knows in her heart of hearts that he is TRASH but alas, the heart wants what it wants. I love the titles for the episodes. He will break my heart, nevertheless. I am falling into a pit I cannot come out of, nevertheless. LMAO

OMG!!! Guyssss okay I now understand Rain! LMAO I know you guys are wondering what's going on. Let me explain:

I wanted to get the name of Nabi's junior who is into her, the actor also played a sweet character in Run on too. I found out his name is Lee Jung Ha and he was in The Unit and I was like NO WAY! I had to confirm my suspicions first and they were correct!!!

Do you guys remember that trainee that auditioned for the unit and was accepted because although he didn't really have strong skills, he was 'charming'?!! The one Rain got backlash over? It's himmmmm! LMAO I'm sure I'm the last person to put two and two together hehehehe

But now I definitely see why Rain couldn't resist.....oh la la. He was so charming in run on and same thing here! You just want to see him smile and win and root for him! Arghhhh a baby!!!!

MODIFIED
I can't believe Eunha or whatever his name is is SCUMMMMM!!!! Don't trust mennnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2021
#throwbackthursday

So this one started really well and then...... Honestly till today I can't tell if I hated it or if it's bearable. Erm.... I swear I'm confused. It was crazy writing sha plus eww male leads so....

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 9:52am On Jul 08, 2021
Guess the drama title

TERRIBLE ROBBER, AWESOME ROBBER

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama title

TERRIBLE ROBBER, AWESOME ROBBER

Bad thief, good thief
Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:01am On Jul 08, 2021
Guess the drama from the screenshot

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Guess the drama from the screenshot

Drunk in good taste

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2021
RaphaellaDD:

Drunk in good taste

Ayeee! @RaphaellaDD got both answers right

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
kangminhyuksho:
Game time

JUNG YUMI

1. The first drama you saw her in

2. The most recent drama you saw her in

3. Your favorite drama of hers

4. Your favorite character she's played

5. Your favorite drama otp involving her

6. Favorite line/quote she has said in a drama (optional)

7. A character you'd like to see her play

8. A person you'd like to see her paired with in a drama (or in real life lol)

Let the record show that there are 2 Jung yumi's in the industry (*sigh* instead of one of them to make it easy for me and choose a stage name). Anyway this is the one born in 1984 currently dating kangta

1. Rooftop prince

2. Partners for justice 2

3. Priest

4. Her character in priest

5. She and yeon woo Jin in priest

7. All I want is season 3 of partners for justice. The endeu.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
RaphaellaDD:
UGH Nevertheless!

This girl is begging for trouble + heartbreak + everything bad. I get that Jaeon is like the next best thing to sliced bread with his 'niceness' and delicious looks but come on.

The good part about Nabi is that she knows in her heart of hearts that he is TRASH but alas, the heart wants what it wants. I love the titles for the episodes. He will break my heart, nevertheless. I am falling into a pit I cannot come out of, nevertheless. LMAO

OMG!!! Guyssss okay I now understand Rain! LMAO I know you guys are wondering what's going on. Let me explain:

I wanted to get the name of Nabi's junior who is into her, the actor also played a sweet character in Run on too. I found out his name is Lee Jung Ha and he was in The Unit and I was like NO WAY! I had to confirm my suspicions first and they were correct!!!

Do you guys remember that trainee that auditioned for the unit and was accepted because although he didn't really have strong skills, he was 'charming'?!! The one Rain got backlash over? It's himmmmm! LMAO I'm sure I'm the last person to put two and two together hehehehe

But now I definitely see why Rain couldn't resist.....oh la la. He was so charming in run on and same thing here! You just want to see him smile and win and root for him! Arghhhh a baby!!!!

MODIFIED
I can't believe Eunha or whatever his name is is SCUMMMMM!!!! Don't trust mennnnnnn

Keep your claws away from Jung Ha.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2021
It is day 8, the day that paved the way...Hahahahaha. good afternoon people

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
#throwbackthursday Part 2 (one shot)

Title : TRAINS DON'T STOP AT NORYANGJIN STATION

Main Cast :
Bong Tae gyu
Ha seung ri

Channel : kbs
Year: 2015

Fun fact : erm...

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
A guy (btg) and his friend are studying to take the exam to become civil servants at noryangjin ( I want to believe every drama lover knows what noryangjin is). Btg wants to have lunch at a roadside stall and his friend is asking why they can't eat at the cafeteria. Btg says it's cos he doesn't want to queue at the cafeteria and it's much easier to buy food at the roadside. The friend complains about how btg likes to do everything in a hurry and how he seems emotionally distant, he asks him if he feels emotions like sorrow, lust, greed, love bla bla bla and says he's sure btg has never dated a girl before. Btg pretty much doesn't care for anything the friend says.

We see them listening to a lecturer in class and we hear btg's voiceover introducing himself. He's 33 and to him there's no difference between his days cos all he does is study to become a civil servant. His life might seem boring but he is fighting a war.

He checks his result for the exam he wrote and he failed. He's sad and takes a walk by a bridge. He calls his mom and tells her he failed again. His mom consoles him and tells him he'll do better next time. He ends the call, screams in frustration, and starts crying while singing a sad song. Another voice joins singing an upbeat song and he's startled, he falls and sees a girl(hsr) squatting next to him. She turns to him and says you're not going to jump are you?, taps his shoulder and walks away singing happily.

The next day, btg and his friend are at their lecturers office scolding them. Apparently btg has failed the exam 4 times now while his friend 3ce. Lol btg failed by just being a point below the cut off mark (eeyah) and he works as an assistant for the lecturer so he can get free lessons. The lecturer tells him to make sure he passes as he's already 33 and doesn't have much prospects.

Later btg and his friend go to the rooftop to console themselves, the friend says he'd like to pass and start making money, he says he's never made money in his life, he's only been studying since he was born and wonders if he should get a job delivering ice like btg. Btg tells him not to bother and to focus on studies since his parents are still willing to pay his fees. The friend says his parents are starting to nag little by little. The friend's phone rings and it's a girl who's asking him out. He tells btg (his name is huijin) that the girl already thinks he passed and whines about how he'd like to date her but he needs to focus on studying.

Hsr (her name is Jang yuha) is with her dad at the market. He sells fish. They have a pretty great relationship and while they are talking, she thanks him for raising her. He asks her if she has taken her medicine and she says no (me: oh no. Is she ill?). Dad screams jang yuha! and she runs away apologizing and promising to take her meds. Huijin is delivering ice to fish sellers at the market, the bags of ice are stacked on a trolley he's pushing. Yuha accidentally bumps into the trolley as she's running but she's really flexible and she somersaults over the bags of ice and continues running while Huijin is so shocked that he falls down and sprains his wrist, he screams ya! She turns around and apologizes but keeps running.

Huijin and his friend are walking and he's twisting his wrist which is still hurting, friend asks if he's alright, Huijin says he'll be fine. Friend asks him to come for drinks but Huijin declines saying he has to assist the lecturer supervise a night class. On his way to the class Huijin receives a text from his mom, she's attending a wedding at Seoul soon and she will drop by to visit him. He calls her and tells her not to bother but she hangs up after saying she'll visit him.

Yuha is at a drug store buying her meds, the pharmacist asks her how she feels and she says she can still do double spins in the air (whatever that means), pharmacist tells her it's going to rain and asks if she has an umbrella cos she's not supposed to walk in the rain. Yuha shows her that she has an umbrella. Huijin walks in asking for a pain relief patch for his wrist. Yuha sees him and recognizes him, she says you were the one on the bridge and he says you were the one who bumped into me at the market. She starts to run (me: why is she always running?) he runs after her and catches her. He tells her he couldn't deliver ice cos his wrist is sprained and he's in pain, she tells him she'll compensate him and says you're studying right? He says so what? She says you need luck to pass, give me your hand. She unhooks a gold figurine from her bag and puts in his palm. He asks "are you kidding me"? She says it's a good luck charm and she had it with her when she won at the national sports festival, let's call it even. He says what national sports festival, which event? She replies gymnastics, believe it or not. She starts to leave but he grabs her saying where are you going? She opens up her umbrella and it makes him move back to avoid being hit in the face. She ceases the opportunity to run a few steps, she turns back and says trust me, it really works. She continues on her way while he stands there shouting hey, come back here.

It's D-73 days to the next exam and he goes to the library to study. A girl comes to tell him that the boy reading in front of her is bouncing his leg while reading and it's distracting her. She needs Huijin to get him to stop since he's their supervisor. Huijin tries to get the boy to stop but the boy gets angry and starts a fight with Huijin, he grabs his sprained wrist and the pain causes Huijin to push the boy forcefully. Huijin gets into trouble with the lecturer for fighting with a student basically he had a shi!tty day. He goes back to his cramped dorm room to continue to study, he finds yuha's good luck charm in his bag and throws it on the floor.

The next day yuha is at noryangjin taking pictures, she sees Huijin and smiles. She goes to meet him where he's eating lunch on a staircase and says "ahjussi, we meet again". She buys the same meal he's having and says it's tasty. He's eating very fast while reading and she struggles to eat as fast as he eats. He finishes eating, closes his book and starts walking, she reluctantly stops eating and starts to follow him. He's reading and walking, while she's following him calling ahjussi, ahjussi. He ignores her, she says ahjussi are you busy, can you please help me? He still ignores her so she takes his book and holds it close to her chest. He asks for it back, she says no, he scoffs and says do you know me, who the hell are you? Give it to me. She says only if you do me a favor. He starts to drag the book from her calling her a weird kid when he hears a voice call his name "mo Huijin". It's the lecturer so Huijin quickly runs to respond, the lecturer asks if yuha is his girlfriend? Huijin starts to stammer and the lecturer says do you think this is the right time to date a girl? You don't listen that's why you're still stuck here, grow up. Yuha gets angry and shouts ahjussi! She walks towards them and says I'm not his girlfriend but why are you treating your student like crap? The lecturer says he's not, he was just offering advice. She says I have more than 1000 followers online, let me ask them if this is how to advice. Lecturer tries to calm her down and asks if she's threatening him? She says you threatened him first, just because you're older doesn't mean you should speak to someone anyhow. Lecturer tells Huijin to sort the issue out as he doesn't want problems, he leaves. Huijin collects his book and starts to go in, yuha holds his arm whining ahjussi, he shakes her off and she falls. FLAT ON THE GROUND unconscious (me: huh). He turns around in shock and rushes to her asking ya what's wrong and giving her little slaps to wake her up. After a while she says stop, it hurts. He asks if she's fine and she says it's because he walks so fast, her eyes start to close again and he gets scared shouting ya ya ya. Lol this time she smiles and says can you take me home,it's not far from here. He says why don't we call your parents. She sits up and says my dad is busy working, please ahjussi.

They're walking along a field and he asks her if she's sure this is the way to her house. She suddenly stops and asks him to open his hands, she brings out a camera from her bag and puts in his palm, he's wondering what it's for when she does the heart pose with her arms over her head, she smiles and says this will be the first picture, he's flustered cos of the pose and asks her to put her hands down, she laughs and says what are you thinking? This is for my dad, take the picture, my arm is getting sore. He takes the picture and says can we go now? She says please can you help me, he says why? She says her dad is having a hard time raising her, she has no mom and she'd like to make a photo album as a gift for her dad. He says you have friends, ask them to help. she says friends are annoying, I like strangers. He asks aren't you afraid of me? She says not at all. She drags him around and makes him take pictures of her, all the places she's posing at are places where she and her dad had good memories and she tells Huijin about them. She asks him to give her a tour of his school, he asks if she won't go home and grudgingly takes her to his school.

He takes her to the rooftop and she's excited cos it's her first time there, she thought only students were allowed there. He asks if she really won at the national sports festival, she looks at him, smiles and starts doing different gymnast tricks on the ledge of the rooftop. He's so scared and starts screaming "come down, we're on the 8th floor, I believes you, please come down" lol. She ends her show with a backflip and calls him a wimp. They're sitting on a bench at the rooftop, she's eating icecream while he still looks scared, she laughs and says he's still pale, he tells her never to go near the edge again. He asks if she still competes, she says she retired right after she won. He asks why? She pauses then says I get dizzy when I do backflips. He says you moved on very quickly. She asks "ahjussi, what did you do before coming here?" he says this and that, I enlisted in the military, went to college and now I'm studying to get a job. She says you make it sound like you've not done much. He says I haven’t, you've already won a gold medal and even retired, on the other hand I haven’t even started anything. She looks annoyingly at him and says don't say that, you're belittling yourself, you're better than you think. She shows him her scrap book where she records things in her daily life, there's a picture of a shooting star she witnessed, a picture of a woman with a cute dog, and she says for today an ugly ahjussi took pictures of me. He says he's too lazy to keep a record like that. She says if he doesn't have a record, he'll only remember the results, have I won a gold medal, have I passed my exam, have I gotten a job? Even if you haven't got a gold medal it doesn't mean you haven't done anything. See your icecream has melted, Carpe diem, if you don't seize the day you'll lose a lot of things like your ice-cream. I have to go now, my dad won't eat without me. She leaves and he smiles and goes "aigoo".

He goes to his room and lays on his bed, he receives a text message from yuha "thank you for today, do you still have that figurine, tell it what you want. He will make it happen, I hope you didn't throw it away". He goes to his trash can to search for it. He finds it, smiles and keeps it on his table.

He's delivering ice when he receives another message from yuha, a picture of the sky, isn't it beautiful, have a good day today, hwaiting! Basically she sends him messages regularly that make him smile.

He and his friend are studying when her message comes in, do you need a break, meet me at the park by 5pm. He's smiling so hard at his phone that his friend asks who it is, Huijin replies "erm my niece" (me: heol! Lol). Friend (his name is yuncheol) asks him to go to an arcade in the evening, Huijin says he has an appointment, yuncheol says you need to come to relieve stress. Huijin bribes his way out by offering to help yuncheol photocopy the question papers the lecturer set for the students, 300 of them.

Huijin photocopies the papers and is excited about hanging out with yuha.

Huijin and yuha are at the park and he's helping her take more pictures. He asks if she isn't tired, she says she is but she won't stop. She asks him what he does for fun, he doesn't answer, she shows him a picture of her pet fish Ann, Huijin says she looks good enough to eat, yuha gets angry and asks him to apologize for threatening the life of her pet, he refuses and she starts to pursue him playfully around the park. His phone rings but he can't hear cos it's in his bag while he's running about.

Later she thanks him for helping her out and leaves, he brings out his phone and sees 12 missed calls from yuncheol, he calls him back and yuncheol screams do you want to ruin my life, why did you photocopy last year's questions (me : uh oh).

Huijin runs into the office and the lecturer throws the question papers at him, how could you make this kind of mistake? Huijin apologizes and says he'll photocopy them again. Lecturer says and so? 300 people just wasted 30 minutes of their time because of you, can you give them their time back, you

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by RaphaellaDD(f): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
sarang60:

Keep your claws away from Jung Ha.

Wahala dey oh LMAO

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
think you have the time to date, this is why you'll never achieve anything, don't you think about your parents, you think the world is a joke? Huijin stands up in anger. Lecturer says how dare you stare at me like that? I've fed you and put a roof over your head, how ungrateful. He wants to hit him again but Huijin stops his hand and says I worked for the food and the roof, besides you're not paying me. The lecturer is shocked and angry and says you bastard, he grabs Huijin's shirt, Huijin removes his hand and says that's it, I quit.

He's packing his things, yuncheol comes to stop him, are you really quitting, go back and apologize to him, do you have any money? He wants you to refund this month's fee, you won't be able to use the internet. Go and apologize, this is unlike you. Yuha's text message comes in, yuncheol asks who is that, are you really dating as he said? Huijin says no. Yuncheol says what do you mean no, do you know how your eyes look now? Huijin says what about my eyes? Yuncheol says you just got fired from a job you've had for 4 years, what are you going to do about tuition, it doesn't bother you at all? We only have 2 months, how can you get distracted because of a girl? Huijin screams you can do it so why can't I? Yuncheol says because you're serious about her. Another student comes in to announce the result of a test is out. They go to check and as usual Huijin's score is just average. He goes to his room frustrated, he remembers yuha telling him not passing a test doesn't mean you haven't been doing anything, he also remembers the lecturer telling him there's no point kicking a ball for 90 minutes if you're not going to score a goal.

His mom stops by on the way to the wedding and gives him the meal she prepared for him. He seems embarrassed cos people are staring at them (me: dude you better be grateful you have such a caring mom and stop looking down on yourself).

He goes to his room and opens the food, he finds an envelope of money. He calls his mom and asks where she got money from, she tells him his exam is in 2 months, she asks him to quit his job and concentrate on studying, he gets angry and tells her he didn't ask for money. She tells him to loosen up and enjoy the meal she sent, she's been going to the temple to pray for him, he'll surely pass his exam. He starts to cry (awwnn). His phone starts to ring, it's yuha (lol he saved her number as self entitled gymnast) anyway he's crying and feeling sorry for himself, he removes his phone battery, throws the phone into a locker and brings out a book to read.

Later that evening Huijin and Yuncheol are at the rooftop, they've reconciled and are teasing one another. Huijin keeps trying to convince Yuncheol that he doesn't have any romantic feelings towards yuha.

Yuha is at the hospital still trying to call Huijin but his number is switched off (me: uh oh, I hope she won't die before he reaches her *sigh*).

Sometime pass (I'm not sure if it's days, weeks or months Huijin focuses only on studying. He and Yuncheol are at the bulletin board for Yuncheol to paste a notice for his missing cushion. Huijin notices a picture on the board of a street sign and 5:30pm written on the picture. He instantly knows its yuha. He goes to the location, it's raining heavily and he's with an umbrella, he waits for a while and starts to leave when he sees her standing with her umbrella too. She's happy to see him but he turns back and starts to leave, she dumps her umbrella runs toward him and jumps on his back, he asks what she's doing, she says they must be telepathic. She touches his cheek and says he's gotten chubbier. He tells her to come down, she tells him to carry her to a shade. He tells her to stop being silly, she says she was sick for a while, he should carry her to save her strength. He asks what was wrong with her, she says this and that. He asks if she's been coming there everyday to wait for him, she says she won't tell. He starts to take her to the shade, she asks if he knew it was her when he saw the picture, she asks if he missed her, he doesn't answer any of her questions.

They sit under the shade and she tells him she called him lots of times. Are you busy? He says yes. She says she's going to release Ann back into the sea and asks if he'd like to go with her, he says no. She says don't you miss the sea, let's go get some fresh air. He says I'm not 20 like you, I don't have time. She asks is the world going to end if you look at the sea? He says yes it will. I've failed more than 10 times in 4 years. You asked me what will happen if I don't pass, my life will disappear, I just want to leave a normal life. She says ahjussi!, he continues I want my parents to be proud of me, I want to be able to give my niece allowance on new years day. For a 20 something like you that shines bright it might sound stupid. She starts to tear up and says ahjussi what do you know? If my life will shine or not. She stands up and faces him "you don't know when you're going to die, this moment of your life will never come back. He says don't try to lecture me, so what, you want me to have fun shouting Carpe diem? She says ahjussi you don't even know the taste of the food you eat. How can you be happy, have you seen yourself singing at karaoke ? He screams what has that got to do with anything? She screams back why do you want to live like others? It's your life. He says why don't you mind your own business, don't grow up. She says ok, stupid idiot ahjussi. I'll live my life, you go ahead and study (me: wait o, she's saying all this standing in the rain, didn't you hear rain must not touch you?). He stands up and goes to give her his umbrella, he starts to leave in the rain. She calls ahjussi, he looks back, she tells him to have a good life, he tells her not to worry, they smile and he runs back to noryangjin (me: wait weren't they just quarreling now now, how did they end that conversation with smiles. I like them)

It's D-30 days to the exam. Huijin goes back to his life of studying like a zombie. On the morning of the exam, he sees yuha's figurine and attaches it to his backpack. Meanwhile at yuha's house, she's unconscious and her pillow is covered in blood from her nostrils (me: dear God no). He's writing his exams while she is being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. After his exam he turns on his phone and sees that during the period he removed his battery, she had sent him 109 messages (me : hian! Wetin). He smiles and tries to call her, her number is switched off.

Huijin and Yuncheol are playing b-ball at night and Yuncheol says he's so nervous about the exam results that he can't sleep. He asks Huijin if he still hasn't heard from her? Huijin goes "who?" (me: Lmao this man is mad) lol Yuncheol starts teasing him about how she stole his heart and dumped him, Huijin keeps insisting he doesn't like her that way.

Back at his room, Huijin is reading when he receives a text message, he thinks it's yuha but it's from school, he passed. He starts to laugh hysterically. Yuncheol calls him out for drinks, unfortunately Yuncheol didn't pass, he was a point below the cut off mark. Huijin feels guilty celebrating but Yuncheol says they must cos it has not been easy on Huijin for the past 4 years. Later Yuncheol gets drunk and cries about how scared he feels of being the only one left behind and Huijin comforts him.

The next morning he receives a text but it's from Yuncheol promising to pass the next exam. Huijin smiles and tries to call yuha again but her number is still switched off.

He goes to her father's store but a new person is there. He asks about the previous owner and the man says oh yuha's dad? He sold the store to me after yuha left (me: nooooooooo) Huijin asks left, to where? The man says she had cancer of the blood, I felt so bad for her cos she was very athletic. Huijin bends down all sad and downcast.

He spends the day walking around sad. He goes to the place they met when it rained and starts going through the 109 messages she had left him. The very last message was a video file. He plays it and it's her, she tells him he wasn't picking her call so she went with her dad to release Ann back to sea, she tells him thank you for everything, the first day we met, (Flashback to the day they met) I actually went to the bridge to think of the best way to jump gracefully when I want to die, should I do a triple back flip? I didn't want to die on a hospital bed, but I saw you crying and singing, there I was holding back my tears and there you were trying to hold back your tears with a song. Back to the present, she says can you hear the waves, I wanted to come here with you but oh well. She writes good luck on your exam on the sand and he's crying as he watches the video. She continues, thank you for everything really, you took pictures for me, hung out with me and gave me a tour of your school. Before I only went from home to the hospital, you helped me complete my present for my dad. Thanks to you I was less afraid. Ahjussi don't worry about other things, only think about your own life, like you said it's not easy to lead a normal life. Hwaiting!

His family throws him a party to congratulate him, everyone is happy except him. His dad asks him when he'll settle down and get married and live a normal life. He gets angry and says no one should pester him about living a normal life and that that's not important, he starts crying that humans are more important. He didn't have the chance to say thank you or goodbye. Everyone looks at him like a weirdo.

The next day he goes to his usual roadside food stall. They are about to serve him his usual but he says no and starts looking at the menu, the owner is surprised and says he has never seen him look at the menu before since he always orders the same meal. Huijin asks for a new dish and he smiles while eating slowly and savoring every bite.

He goes to all the places he went with yuha, takes pictures and sends them to her phone number, he buys ice-cream and eats without letting it melt.

He's packing his stuff from his room, then decides to record a video for yuha, he shows her his room and all his books and tells her he thought he was just enduring life there but now that he's leaving he knows he'll never forget the place. He thanks her and promises that he'll live well. He sends the video to her and continues packing. The message marks "read".The endeu.

I would score this 5/10

WHAT I LIKED

1. The story, it's just sweet, to be fair I understood why Huijin was the way he was, imagine dedicating your life to something and failing 10 times in 4 years. I'm glad he got to have some fun with yuha, I think that period of play sort of relaxed him and looking forward to hanging out more with her made him want to ace the exam. It's just sad that she had to die. I also liked that he was able to stand up to his lecturer after meeting her.

2. The end when the video file got marked as read, obviously we know she's dead and didn't read the message but it's sort of like a sign that she can hear him and knows he's decided to live a good life. Again who knows someone else might be using the number now and that message might encourage the person.

3. The title. I read somewhere that "trains don't stop at noryangjin station" is like a proverb or metaphor that means life goes on, you're not going to be in one position all your life. Just as a train continues after getting to a particular station, you can also overcome and move on from a condition or situation. I like the meaning.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

1. Nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by kangminhyuksho: 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
sarang60:
It is day 8, the day that paved the way...Hahahahaha. good afternoon people

NAE baby

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by Yonce(f): 12:19am On Jul 09, 2021
Nevertheless

There's just something about the scenes on this show. The tension between Nabi and Jeon feels so heightened.
The soundtrack, the lightening, the sudden silence when they stare at each other, the hand placement and the soft sensuality is honestly different from anything I've seen in Kdramas.
Maybe cause a woman directed it so we're seeing 19+ chemistry through the female gaze for the first time.
Nevertheless, I love it!

Overall the show is like a car running way above it's speed limit, you just know it's going to crash and you should look away but you just can't. lipsrsealed

My Roommate is a Gumiho

To keep enjoying this I had to check my brain out at the door.
I can't believe it's been 14 episodes and Dam is still calling her boyfriend "Sir"
Maka whyyy?? lipsrsealed

Doom at your Service

This story should have been told in 5 episodes tops. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2021
It is day 9 and I have no words. I am just grateful and thankful.

Good morning everyone.

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 10:26am On Jul 09, 2021
Day 9

1 Like

Re: Korean Movies Chatroom by sarang60(f): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2021
Day 9.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2183) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.