Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? (1148 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Using 'sir' For Your Husband? / Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
In the wake of a man beating is wife because she called him 'sir'. angry. We all know is action wasn't right. But lemme ask this question,
First to the ladies: Can you address your husband using 'sir'?
The to the Gentlemen: Would you tell your wife to call you 'sir'?
I don't know a better way to pose the question but i hope you understand it.
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by tpia5: 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
is something wrong with doing that?

whatever rocks anyone's boat, its not my business whatever funky stuff you want to do in your home. As long as no humans or animals are harmed?

if kneeling down or calling yourselves sir and ma is ok with you, wetin concern me?
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by Popowaa: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
Mitchweeee,i'll only call him Sir if he is called Charles,if not forget itgringringrin
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by Atawewe27: 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
Sir Lord lugard
Or
Sir Tafawa Balewa
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by sotum2: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
There is nothing wrong with that
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by bebe2(f): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
Wen he is in trouble or am being sarcastic. grin grin
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
Well,if he refers to me as 'ma' then no qualms,if not to hell
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by tpia5: 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
if your husband prefers you call him sir, [btw this is one of the things which should have been ironed out pre-marriage], then what exactly is the reason why you prefer not to?

you find it embarassing?

wont it be more embarassing when he jumps on the sir-saying housemaid or groundnut seller who salute him with sirs every time they see him, this is why people should look properly before leaping into marriage.

just my opinion, could be wrong.

although, in nigeria, i dont think most young guys of nowadays would be comfortable with such, so the question is actually rather weird.
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by Kanwulia: 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Then he knows for sure AM F'INNO cuzz his mama and papa out FROM THEIR GRAVES! kiss

When he calls me "MA", I take off my glasses je-je-ly, so I don't break them in annoyance and look at him WELL-WELL, FROM UP TO DANNN, SIDE TO SIDE. He WANNO BE STATIN SOINTIN, and I am ALWAYS READY!!!! cool

Time for work already? cool
Sweeeet! Time to baff and feel SEXXXXXXXY!!!! cool
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by Awakullowo: 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Only ibo men beat their wives for not addressing them with "Sir"
Re: Ladies Can You Address Your Husbands Using 'sir'? by dad007(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2013
I had told my wife several times to stop greeting me gudmorni SIR,gudafternu SIR,but she still do so.Then I let it be....So,whenever she greet me,I simply reply with YES MA!

(1) (Reply)

Managing Finances With Your Spouse / Help, How Do I Pass This Message Across / Who Is Afraid Of The Tpia Moniker?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.