Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Life Is Just Funny - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Life Is Just Funny (572 Views)

Life Is Cheaper In The North Than South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Just Funny by Mathicks(m): 1:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Eric Arthur /Nigeria
Title: Life is Just Funny

Tony winked at me as he got up to meet her. I just waved at her from where i sat and watched Tony walk up to her with a huge grin on his face. They exchanged small talk as they met and started walking towards me.

As they got nearer, i noticed that they were speaking in their native dialect, which i hoped they would change as soon as they sat. While still standing, Tony continued talking and then looked at me, his body language suggesting that he was telling her about me. I just smiled and nodded as if I understood what they were saying. This is one of the many funny things people do. Just then i remembered Emeka, my friend back in Lagos, telling the story of how he broke his hand a few years ago. Everybody had laughed that day and even he was laughing. I then wondered that at the time he actually broke his hand, it wasn’t funny for him, but telling the story when he had healed was a different case entirely. No wonder comedians tell people about their poverty level before they started comedy and people laugh. Imagine somebody laughing at that same person at that time when he was actually suffering. America would have had to interfere in the kind of fight that would break out.

”David, meet Chidinma,” Tony finally said in English. ”Chidinma, this is David”. They both burst out laughing and I imagined what he must have told her about me in their native language. I just laughed with them. Afterall, what could I do?

Please this story is in the etisalat prize fiction competition. If you think this story is nice, please help out with votes. I'll appreciate it alot

To vote for this story click here : http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/ Thanks alot!! Its a 300 words literature competition..

pls dont forget to vote..i'll appreciate it alot. Just click ''vote for me''..thats all. Thanks guys! You're Awesome!
Re: Life Is Just Funny by Mathicks(m): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2013
Please you could comment 'voted' if you've voted. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Word "Technology" Called In Your Native Language / Bleached Skins, Fake Hairs And Horse Wigs --by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / African Proverbs You Need To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.