Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love (722 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Resumption Dates For ASUU Strike Universities / FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 11, 2013
My aim here is strictly on questioning the so-called love these 'good' men harbour for me. I'm tired of the lie that ASUU is fighting for my welfare.
I will not even try to mask my dislike for lecturers. Don't blame me, I learned to hate that which is evil. This piece is not parkinson's. A fluid to sooth my bleeding toe is a better description. Only that a legion of demons stay boiling in my blood whenever I hear anybody come to their defense. To compound my adversity, a litany of crocodiles pound my blood vessels and I fight the implosion within. So, I explode.
I present before you five simple premises with their respective conclusions on the insult and falsehood exhaulted, my memory cripplying, when I hear ASUU is fighting for my interest. I'm not even trying to fight. But I swear, if lecturers are getting punished I'd be the first to swing a koboko.
Premise 1
a. A malevolent hand cannot exhibit a reasonable level of benevolence.
b. In a democratic setting, the majority often carry the day.
c. Roughly 90% of ASUU lecturers are malevolent.
d. The 90% of ASUU members say it is all for our good. What a contradiction!
e. 90% of ASUU cannot be fighting for our right.
Conclusion:
ASUU doesn't have our interest at heart.
Premise 2
a. A chief attribute of any thief is his experties in lying.
b. Lying is a mark of inconsistency.
c. ASUU lied.
(www.360nobs.com/2013/09/flexing-things-ASUU-president-says-students-do-not-want-the-strike-to-end/ )
While the students are saying
www.nigeriaschoolsblog.com/tertiary-institution/nans-presidents-speech-ASUU-strike/ www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nans-youth-council-oppose-ASUU-strike/161205/
d. Every liar is a thief.
Conclusion
So, the 90% are thiefs.
Premise 3
a. An inconsiderate man is a selfish and wicked man.
b. ASUU demands are inconsiderate of other departments.
c. Only a selfish man makes inconsiderate demands.
d. Only a wicked man makes wicked demands.
Conclusion
ASUU members are both wicked and selfish.
Premise 4
a. If you love someone you will go any length to make it visible and palpable to them.
b. In times of torment you show them greater love.
c. ASUU in almost all her speeches does not task the patient of the student.
www.channelstv.com/home/2013/07/03/ASUU-president-explain-reasons-for-strike/
d. Love doesn't exist without attention.
Conclusion
ASUU as a body doesn't love nor care for the students. We are being used.
Premise 5. Sequel to number 4
a. Love doesn't neglect, molest, destroy, witch-hunt, and is not despotic.
b. ASUU has claimed to love us and desire that we prosper and be in good health.
c. ASUU members neglect, molest, destroy, witch-hunt, and are despotic.
d. ASUU members are sadists.
Conclusion
Sadists can never be lovers.
These are just for a start. All I want now is a reason why ASUU deserve the support and or love of any student.
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
No comment....
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
Second calling...Any ASUU proponent willing and capable to take up the challenge?
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nice write-up bro.
I have been reading a lot of threads about this subject matter and all I have seen so far is that Nigerian students are cowards who tend to forget in a hurry all the terrible experiences they go through in the hands of lecturers. The question I always ask myself is:how can these same lecturers who treat students like warms come out and say they're fighting for the interest of the students they hate, molest and intimidate with impunity? The most saddening part is that, these same students come out and speak in support of ASUU. The truth is that an average Nigerian lecturer sees an average Nigerian student as an animal who doesn't deserve any human sympathy.
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
jaysleem: Nice write-up bro.
I have been reading a lot of threads about this subject matter and all I have seen so far is that Nigerian students are cowards who tend to forget in a hurry all the terrible experiences they go through in the hands of lecturers. The question I always ask myself is:how can these same lecturers who treat students like warms come out and say they're fighting for the interest of the students they hate, molest and intimidate with impunity? The most saddening part is that, these same students come out and speak in support of ASUU. The truth is that an average Nigerian lecturer sees an average Nigerian student as an animal who doesn't deserve any human sympathy.
I agree hundred percent. I am Nigerian Student in my final year.
I think it is the effect of the psychological and mental torture we pass through in the hands of our so-called saviours.
It has transformed the pattern of the thinking thing of many students that their memory mimicks a short term, relegating the long term storage absolute alternative. How can they be so forgetful?
But I believe anyone can be forgiven if he can justify his actions. The reason I am here.
Let's hope there is a strong man around to rebut our claim.
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by tobechi74: 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
He goes to class 20 minutes late, takes 15 minutes to settle down, dictates from the textbook for another 25, and uses the last one-hour to ‘chitchat’ with the students. In the end he sets examination questions, finds a way of giving the students ‘area of concentration’ and bends the result to reflect a good performance. He will tell himself he has done well for the students and for himself
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
tobechi74: He goes to class 20 minutes late, takes 15 minutes to settle down, dictates from the textbook for another 25, and uses the last one-hour to ‘chitchat’ with the students. In the end he sets examination questions, finds a way of giving the students ‘area of concentration’ and bends the result to reflect a good performance. He will tell himself he has done well for the students and for himself
Lol. That is even a good looking one from where I am standing. In my case, he doesn't come to lecture until two weeks to exams. He then sets a time of 7am, penalizes those who due to his inconsistency come late, even though he comes at past 8am. In two days the lecture is complete.
Even though he is lacking in teaching abilities, he never gives out his material. Lol. Material? Lol. He dictates/teaches from his laptop and once the battery is dead the lecture is over.
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by macof(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
Rey I got ban in the religion section by new mod- mynd_44 so I'll reply ur question to the best I can on the 24th
Re: An Argument Against Any Reasonable Argument For ASUU's Love by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2013
macof: Rey I got ban in the religion section by new mod- mynd_44 so I'll reply ur question to the best I can on the 24th
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Please Students Need Ur Help On This.....cu Na Die O / How Has The ASUU Strike Affected You Financially? / JAMB UTME 2014 Biometrics Registration: Only DIGITAL PERSONA Scanner Is Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.