Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Love Ties - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Ties (1274 Views)

Under The Bed (family Ties). / Soul Ties- Chapter 3 / Family Ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced either by electronics or written means without the prior contact and approval of the author.
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
This work is based on the imagination of the writer, so there are bound to be typographical errors, grammatical blunders and plot disorganisation.
In that case your correction, criticism and comments would be highly acknowledged.
THANKS
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
< CHAPTER ONE >
Kehinde came out of his room, dressed in his school uniform carrying his bagpack, heading towards the front door. His mother Mrs Ogunkanmi was seated in the sitting room.
"Where are you going?" She asked.
"Am off to school. He replied.
His mother looked suprised. "Aren't you going in your personal car?"
"Mum, i've always told you several times. I'm tired of being treated like a prince which i am not."
"So. What are you insinuating?" she asked.
"I'm not going in the car provided for me. I want to go on my own like every other children." He answered.
Loosing her temper. "Are you okay? Don't you know your father is a public figure, and you shouldn't be seen outside anyhow?"
"Of course am okay. Dad is a public figure, but am not. I've already made up my mind, i'm going to school by myself today."
"Mummy don't mind him, let him do whatever pleases him. His twin sister Taiwo said coming out of her room.
"Okay son. Will you at least have your breakfast before you leave?" she asked.
"No, am not hungry. He answered.
"Maybe he is on some sort of an eucharistic fast." Taiwo added mockingly before seating down on the dining.
"Whatever", he said dashing out of the house into the big and spacious compound filled with fleet of cars.
He came out of the compound and started walking towards the bus-stop. He got to the bus-stop and boaded a taxi down to school. He paid the taxi driver and came out of the cab and crossed to the other side of the road, where Brights Comprehensive College was located. He entered the school compound through the student's gate with the help of his I.D card. The school compound was neat and well decorated with beautiful and well trimmed flowers. He walked towards the block of classroom directly opposite the main gate.
He entered a class labelled sss3(senior secondary school 3), a science class and found a female student,Eniola Adesiyan, seated at the extreme end of the class, head bent on the locker. Probably reading, he thought.
"Good morning, Eniola". He said as he walked towards his seat.
"Good morning, kenny how are you?" she asked him.
"Am okay and you?"
"Am good too. She replied."
to be continued shortly please. Hope to see your comments and corrections.

1 Like

Re: Love Ties by DisneyAngel(f): 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nice one,come and continue
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 6:38am On Oct 12, 2013
DisneyAngel: Nice one,come and continue
Alright ma'am
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 11:21am On Oct 20, 2013
**continuation**
Just then other member of the class started entering in twos and threes.
THE ASSEMBLY HALL
After singing the national anthem, school anthem and reciting the national pledge. The school principal Mr Hastrup a whiteman, well built and a little bit tall came forward and mounted the podium to address the students.
"Good morning boys and girls." He said.
"Good morning sir." they chorused.
Mr Hastrup was a man of little words. He always go straight to the point in whateve he has to say.
Today is of no exception.
He started.
"As you already know, your excursion to the Rails construction Company is next week. I hereby implore you to pay your fees to Mr Olutoye(the school burser) before this week runs out, so that the list of the payees will be ready, so as to make arrangement for the transport means. Am i understood?" He asked before stepping down from the podium.
"Yes sir". The students chorused once again.
A junior school teacher Miss Ronke stepped up the podium and said. "You can go to your classes."
The students all marched out of the assembly ground almost at the same time causing pandemonium at the entrance to the hallway.
Mr Shittu, the most feared teacher in the school, because of his wickedness shouted. "All prefects, wait behind."
All the school prefect numbering up to fifteen all stopped at the same time. Turning to see the wicked man coming towards them with a long cane.
As he walked up to them he asked.
"Where were you when the students were disturbing the school?"
They all kept quiet.
"Aren't you supposed to control their movement up to when they settle down in class?"
Immediately he started caning them and dismissed them angrily.
BACK IN THE CLASS
Stephen a short boy in ss3 asked the class monitor.
"Wilson, what do we have in the fist period?"
"Mathematics." Wilson replied.
Half of the class hissed in annoyance.
Just then Mr Shittu, the mathematics teacher stormed into the class. Without giving them the chance to greet. He made the most shocking request by saying.
"Ogunkanmi Kehinde, give me the names of those who hissed".
Kehinde was shocked.
He stood up immediately and said. "Sir i don't know those who hissed."
"Then you recieve their punishment". Mr shittu replied.
"No problem sir." Kehinde replied.
Mr shittu gave him twelve strokes of the cane. Kehinde felt the effect of the cane on him. But being a big boy he couldn't possibly start crying in front of the class. So he walked back to his seat.
Mr shittu adjusted his clothes and went straight to the chalkboard, where he wrote 'short gun'. Which signifies a short test.
He wrote five difficult questions on the board, and told them, "If you get an answer wrong, you are subjected to five strokes of the cane."
"Now start. You have fifteen minutes." He shouted.
"And you, Kehinde, you are not qualified to write the test." he added before sitting down on the seat provided for him in front of the class.
"Okay sir." Kehinde answered.
¤¤to be continued¤¤
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
*continuation*
TWENTY FIVE MINUTES LATER;
Mr Shittu was flogging all the students in the classroom excluding kehinde.
The class became silent after Mr shittu left the class. The classes around ss3 were more quiet because they knew Mr shittu could decide to show his beating prowess by giving them a short test.
All other periods that followed Mr Shittu's were not interesting until it got to the last period before the break time.
Mr omolayo the English teacher taught them for the next fourty five minutes cracking some jokes which made everyone in the class to cheer up and forget about their sorrows.
The bell was jingled which signified the end of class and the break time. Kehinde was too disturbed to care about eating, even though he was hungry.
He saw his twin sister Taiwo and two of her friends Adenike and Matilda walk towards the front row where Eniola's seat was located.
He couldn't figure out what they said to Eniola but he could see Taiwo and her entourage laughing(mockingly). After they left Eniola's seat he could see Eniola cleaning her eyes with the sleeve of her school uniform.
He waited for like three minutes before summoning the courage to find out what happened. He confirmed his thoughts when he hear her sniffing.
"Eniola, what's the matter?" he asked.
Cleaning her eyes quickly, she answered. "Nothing".
"Okay. What happened between you and my sister?"
"Nothing much. It's just that....(her voice trailed off).
"So why were you crying?"
"Oh! Am I?"
"Eniola, you know you can tell me what's wrong. I might be of help."
"Okay. Thanks"
Kehinde studied her very well, she was a beautiful girl. A little bit fair in complexion, medium height and a moderate shape. He noticed she was not richly dressed like other students but he waved it off.
Kehinde came out of his riverie and told her, "Let's go somewhere quiet."
"Okay" She answered.
Kehinde led her to a quiet place near the school volley ball court where they sat down and he asked her.
"So, what's the matter?"
"Your sister abused me. She replied sadly.
"What did she say?"
¤¤to be continued¤¤
Re: Love Ties by waistaa(f): 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wiv ma eba n ofe ukazi mushroom soup
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
waistaa: Wiv ma eba n ofe ukazi mushroom soup
U're welcome ma'am
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
*continuation*
kehinde took her to a quiet place near the school volley ball court where they sat dow and he asked.
"So, what's the matter?"
"Your sister abused me". She replied sadly.
"What did she say?"
"Because my parents could not afford the excursion fees. Taiwo humilated and oppressed me." She replied while trying to hold back tears.
"Stop crying please". Kehinde said patting her on her back.
"Am very sorry for my sister's behaviour."
"It's okay, i accept my fate." she replied.
Have you eaten? He found himself asking.
"No."
"Let's go and get something to eat." he said.
"Am not hungry." she replied immediately.
"Are you fasting?" He asked.
"Sort of." she replied.
"Eucharistics?" he asked smilling.
"When am not a catholic and moreso today is not sunday." She answered smilling.
"If you know you have truely forgiven Taiwo, please lets get something to eat."
"Okay." she said reluctantly.
They got to the school provisional store and bought a meat pie and a bottle of soft drink each. The bill was settled by kehinde. He was surprised at the way and manner which she was thanking him like he had rendered a great help.
They ate what they had to eat before going back to class chattering like they had been friends since childhood.
The bell was jingled which signified the end of break. They got into the class and made a way to their seats before kehinde asked.
"How are you coping with your fast?"
Eniola bursted into laughter and hit him playfully on the shoulder.
"You made me break my fast nau."
Kehinde went back to his seat smilling and Eniola sat down full of smiles.
The rest of the day went uneventful before they closed in the evening.

₹END OF CHAPTER 1₹
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Chapter 2 will be updated tomorrow morning.
I hope to see ur correction, critics and comments.
Thanks.
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Chapter 2 will be updated tomorrow morning.
I hope to see ur corrections, critics and comments.
Thanks.
Re: Love Ties by Emzypaz(m): 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
Dearest readers of dis story.
Please, please, and please. Don't just read dis story but also drop ur comments, corrections and criticism(constructively).
I promise to update 3ce a day if u edge me on with ur comments.
Thanks,
<Emzy>

(1) (Reply)

A day / Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) / Urhobo Roots And The God's Fabric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.