Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,703 members, 7,823,986 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) (1276 Views)

The Power Of Money / Hello World (the Novel) Episode 2. A Weekly Update / Hello World (the Novel) A Weekly Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by mrlaw93(m): 11:48am On Sep 01, 2015
It was indeed a very boring Sunday. I sat outside the house alone listening to music with my heaset plugged to my ears. There comes Shoew(not real name), my very humble friend.I sighted him as he approaches me. We jammed our hands together to greet. "Guy, how far nah", he said, which i simply replied by saying "i dey ooo". He wasted no time by asking if i will like to go to a birthday party with him."This one wey you just dey house dey do nothing, make we reach one party together nah. I go dey perform for there and i go like make you see my performance cos if i blow finish, u go dey pay to enter my show nio". I knew he was kidding, he is not only a good musician, but also a very funny guy. I call him "my real G". Maybe he could make it faster if he ventures into comedy rather than music. "Anyway, nh hin sabi",i gave it a thought. I agreed to go with him and we both stepped out as i was not badly dressed.

On reaching the outer gate of the house, we met two other guys. They seems to be going with us to the party. I had seen them once or twice in the studio. E be like say these ones sef wan go perform nio. Artiste everywhere, this party must be a very doped on, i guessed. All this running in my mind. "Hey! Chairman", i hailed the first guy as we jammed hands. "Ogami", the second guy says as he jammed hand with me. We started gisting as moved on to our destination. Only if i knew what i was heading into.
To be continued.
http://lawizzygotswag..com/2015/09/not-in-this-world-power-of-codeine-part1.html?m=1
Re: Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by Gyarados(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2015
Hm. .

Re: Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by mrlaw93(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Not in this world (The power of codeine) part2

After Marua(Three wheelers) we boarded moved a short distance. The guy who got the invite for the party signalled the rider of the Marua to stop, which he did. His name is Slimbeat. "Okay! guys nh the place be this". We all alighted from the marua and headed for the venue. On getting to the location, it wasn't what i thought with all the hype from my so called celebrity friends. The place is just a fenced field managed by a mushroom hotel beside it. But nevertheless, we were given a first class welcome. Sho! Nah so artiste dey enjoy, "i thought" as i walked majestically to the place. Omo see as people dey look us. Me sef kon dey gara pass the rest sef, as i looked more like a big artiste tgan them. Well, the party haven't started and it seems not to be starting in an hour time. Slimbeat who invited us suggested there is a place we could hangout pending the time the party will start. Ok! we all agreed to go there. Only if we know the misery ahead. On getting to the suggested location. It was a rural area, a ghetto to the call. The house we were taken to is made with wood. As we got to the back of the house, Slimbeat offered us a seat. Behind me was an empty land covered with grasses. "Oh boy!, where be this place"?, i asked. "Nah here we dey sha oo. That land behind you nah cemetery. Nah dere dem dey bury people wey die for this area". Mhen! I don enter am today. Jesus!, i no tell my popsi before i comot for house ooo. Fear gripped me as evil thought overflows my mind. Slimbeat suggested to buy something to inspire him when he grabs the microphone. Of course, only indian-hemps and dry gin is the key for survival on stage. So he left along with the other guy Tounz, leaving myself and Showe at the place with an occupant of the building a distance away from us. As they left i whispered to Showe that i dont like the place and am not comfortable. He claimed he is also feeling the same way but we have no choice than to stay. Ok!, no problem. I summoned courage. On looking to my right side is a shrine with palmoil dripping from the mouth of the carved image. I called Showe's attention to it which he suggested we move the bench we were sitting on a bit forward. At this point my temperature increased. First it was the cemetery now the shrine. Okay!, let me look at it from this angle. Maybe, slimbeat wants to do ritual. He needed to use human as part of the needed material for his ambition, i thought. I was still thinking about all this when slimbeat and Tounz walked in with indian hemp and dry gin. I asked if the party has started so we could leave the place as it is already getting late (6:30pm). I don't drink and if i do i wouldn't do that in an environment like this with dead people behind me and a shrine at my side. The man standing a distance to us moves ckoser and requested for a share of the drink which was given to him with an open heart. I was persuaded to drink a bit because of that over there as he pointed to the shrine. This is a sacred place my dear and the drink is a native one. You have to drink even if its a sip. I did sip the drink. Tounz and slim smoked up their life and he headed to the party afterall. Only if I knew what a sip of a drink will cost me. To be continued.

http://lawizzygotswag..com/2015/09/not-in-this-world-power-of-codeine-part2.html?m=1
Re: Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by mrlaw93(m): 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Not in this world (The power of
codeine). Part3
We got to the party a bit late and the program had started
already. Each of us grabbed a chair to sit at space which
seems to be like a VIP session. On sitting we were
immediately served with drinks in plastic cup each and
everyone one of us. The drink was served from a
transparent plastic with tap for passage of the liquid
content in it. Ice blocks dropped in each cup to give it a
cooling effect. A cup was passed to me and i gave a sip.
Wao! It taste really good, "atleast no be alcohol this
time", i thought. Before my friends were called up the
stage i had already finished 3cups.
They all went on stage to perform and i could say they
fared well. Shoew's performance was the best of all the
three. He is indeed a good artiste, i thought.
Meanwhile, while they were performing, i was busy taking
more drink. I got a call from my dad asking where i was. I
told him i will be home soon that am within the
neighborhood. On checking the time on my phone, it was
past 9:00pm already. I called the attention of my friends
that we should head home. "Guys!, make we dey go ouse
abeg, my p.man (daddy) don call, i need to get home as
soon as possible". We stood up from the sit, walked
through the exit gate of the field and headed home. On
getting to the bustop we boarded a marua almost
immediately, we headed home.
There i was laying helplessly on the floor. I was having a
good sleep until i heard a shaky voice. The voice scared the
ghost out of me. I tried to stand up but i couldn't. Even if
i can't use my feet, i could atleast sit upright, but
nothing seems to be working here as i remain fixed to a
spot. The voice am hearing is that of my dad. He is
sobbing, his heart broken as he kept wailing. No one could
console him. Another voice came to my hearing which
seems to be that of my mum. She seems to be in the same
mood as my that. Her voice isn't as loud as that of my dad
but i could imagine the pity she felt for herself. Some
other voices coming up to console my parents. "What is
happening here?", i asked myself. I could hardly get what
my father was saying. His voice is now getting closer and
clearer. "Look what they did to my son", he lamented. "My
son ke. Is this man referring to me?" I asked, but it
seems no one could here what i was saying. He moved
closer to me and placed his hand on my left biceps. I could
feel his touch. He held my hand so tight as he wept
uncontrollably. I raised my hand to touch him and ask him,
father, what is going on. But i moved my right hand to
hold him, i realized how impossible it is for me to do that.
It is now certain that something strange is happening to
me. It is annoying that i am picturing myself in two
forms. On one end i could move and on the other i am fixed
to a point like a car parked in the garage. I couldn't get
the real picture of myself. Where i was I do not
understand. But one thing is sure. I no longer belong to
this world.
To be continued.

http://lawizzygotswag..nl/2015/09/not-in-this-world-power-of-codeine-part3.html?m=1

cc: lalasticlala ur boy is loyal ooo
Re: Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by mrlaw93(m): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Not in this world ( The power of codeine). Part4
The place was just am empty space with only me in it. No one to explain my travails to me. I feel dejected. On the other hand i could feel the pain in the heart of my parents, i never knew they love me this much. My sense of feeling had gone. I couldn't feel my body either. I need no prophet to tell me am a dead man. The dreams i have had of becoming a great man. So i didn't even stay on earth to raise my own family with Tinu, the love of my life. What will happen to her if the news reach her that am dead. This is no good. I didn't plan it this way , i thought. But how did i die?

I asked myself that question. The rate of my heartbeat had become very fast due to the random thoughts and regrets. I need to use my brain (that's if the dead think). I relaxed myself, i gave a deep breathe in other to catch my breath to reduce the speed of my heartbeat. I couldn't remember anything even as much as i tried.

Back where my body was. I could here things there. My father kept shouting Shittu's name. Where is he? "Look what they did to my son. I swear i will kill him". He kept on saying "i will kill them", "i wikl kill him" as he screams on top of his voice. Oh! Shittu, that name gave me something to think about. Then i remembered Shoew. He was the one i went away with, but why is popsy (daddy) screaming Shittu's name. Shittu is the name of another guy in the neighbourhood and am sure i didn't leave the house with him. Nah hin sabi jare, poor old man. The death of his son has deteriorating is thinking.

I remembered going to a place with cemetery behind it and a shrine. Yes!, it was slimbeat that took myself, Shoew and his very own friend there. He must have used something on me. My eyes filled with tears. The bastard had used me for rituals. I remembered the sip of drink i had, that must have caused my death. "The bastard go soon blow after using me for rituals", i wept. I never knew the dead cries. "But Shoew isn't dead", i thought. So he is a part of the plan, i thought him to be my best friend. Poor me, i trusted him. "But not on this earth will Shoew and co spend the money from the returns of my death," I vowed.

To be continued.
Re: Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by mrlaw93(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Not in this world (The power of codeine). Part5 It was now about 5hours of my death. I was now getting used to the new environment. The noises and wept around me had drastically reduced. I could now feel and get hold of things around me. Suddenly i woke up and it was all a dream. I could move but at a very slow pace. The time is now 5:40a.m. I walked slowly to the toilet using objects around me as support . I deep my right hand in my pocket, i felt my phone and immediately placed a call to Shoew. It rang at my end but there was no response. Maybe the guy still dey sleep, i thought. I walked back to my room. It was now time for prayer. I was too weak to go to the mosque. That is even the last thing on my mind right now, i thought. But i couldn't escape the prayer as mum came to my room to call my awareness. I walked to the mosque which is about 3 houses away from mine. I joined the prayer but was a bit faster than the rest of the congregation. Am now aware of the fact that am not dead but am still not in control of body. This feeling is nothing compared to that of drunkenness, i thought. On getting home, i sat in the living room. My mum came to me to report Raji. She explained how he disturbed the neighborhood with the loud noise emanating from his generator. How my dad was so angry that he threatened to kill him if he didn't stop the generator. She also made mention of the fact that she was very surprised i slept all through even with the horrible sound. I just told her i heard the noise but was too tired to stand up. Immediately she left, i start to relate her explanation with my horrible experience of death. So the dream i heard that i died and my dad was weeping is not real. He was only shouting to express his anger at Raji. I picked my phone and placed a call to Shoew which he picked at first beep. I told him about the experience i had. How my brain was multitasking and how i couldn't differentiate what was real and what was not. He told me the reason for that was as a result of the codeine and indian-hemp in the drink we took in the party. He said he had an almost alike experience. We both laughed till a lady machine voice interrupted saying "your account is low, this call will be terminated soon". The end.
Re: Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by BobUg28(m): 12:09am On Sep 10, 2015
You have a very good plot in this ur story, but you need to do something differently, so that we can read and enjoy it the more.
Re: Not In This World (the Power Of Codeine) by mrlaw93(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
BobUg28:
You have a very good plot in this ur story, but you need to do something differently, so that we can read and enjoy it the more.
Tnks, bt i dnt understand.. something different ?

(1) (Reply)

The Vigilante: Curse Of The Sword Now Available On Okadabooks!!! / My Breasts - Stepping Into Adulthood / I Need Pdf Of These Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.