Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity (927 Views)

A Hindu Priest Challenges Jesus. See What Happened Next... / Pope Leo X And His Most Infamous Declaration About Christianity!a Must Read! / For Those Of You Who Have Doubts About Christianity, Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by sanguineseun(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2008
Anytime i reflect on dis,
Words of a hindu,mohandas Gandhi;i love christ,but i despise christians because they do nt live as christ lived.
it sounds true,many people has taken up d name christians but their is only one body which consists of TRUE christians, and they are Jehovah's witnesses.Anybody wanna doubt this,room is open4criticism so we cn clarify it
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by PastorAIO: 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2008
Well I'm 'Bloody-Thankful' that I am not one, Mr. SanguineSeun.
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
I have posted this before =>

Mahatma Gandhi refused to convert to christianity because one christian he met told him that one could live anyhow one wanted -- as long as one has faith in Jesus. This christian went as far as deliberately committing sins in front of Gandhi to prove his point.

Gandhi was not impressed with this, and told him =>

“I do not seek redemption from the consequences of my sin. I seek to be redeemed from sin itself, or rather from the very thought of sin”

I think that Gandhi was a wonderful Hindu that we can all learn from - christians, m'uslims, etc etc
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by PastorAIO: 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2008
Gandhi hit the nail right on the head and it is a nail that i'm afraid many christians are not even aware of, not to talk of hitting it on the head. We do indeed have two natures, one sinful and the other divine. The sinful nature has been having it's way for far too long and that is why Christ came, to save us from it.
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by KunleOshob(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2008
The words of ghandi are so true, it is very unfortunate but the truth is that most so called christians are not only being mis led, they are self righteuos hypocrites who are only after their own prosperity and assumed salvation while they forget the most important teaching of christ which ultimately is showing love to our fellow human beings.
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by sanguineseun(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2008
KunleOshob,u r very right,
Pastor A10,well i think u'r talkn based on prejudice.y dnt u give some reasons?
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by PastorAIO: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
I was just making word play with your name. Sanguine meaning bloody (the bloody humour being that which gives us hope and high spirits) and Seun meaning Thanks.

ps I like the name pastor A10. I think I might change my name now.
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by stephanay(m): 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2008
@ pastor AIO
i think ure funny and i like u

@ topic
its sad, many xtians have forgoten the true reason for faith. Jesus mixed with "sinners' when he was on earth, y is it so easy for us to condemn a prostitute or a thief or an adulterer? maybe because it makes us feel like we are on tract but the Bible says

Let him who stand takes heed lest he falls
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by thehomer: 11:51pm On Jul 04, 2008
Well I guess he met the wrong christians wink
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by sanguineseun(m): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2008
Well
Re: Check These 'words Of A Hindu' About Christianity by Lady2(f): 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2008
A lot of Christians also go with the "sound good theory"

"sound good theory" - Anything that sounds good about the Christian faith.

How do you know people who go with this theory?

Those who agree with a "sound good theory" on one thread and then agrees with another "sound good theory" on another thread even though those two theories contradict each other.

Those are the lost sheep.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapper Pastor That Demands 50m Ransom / Practicing What We Preach! / Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.