Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

#childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day (827 Views)

Skiibii Death Stunt: Kcee & Skibii, Almost In Tears, Tell The True Story (pics) / Wunmi Obe Reacts To Stella Damasus's New Marriage / I dont Care What You People Write - Stella Damasus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day by donclark(m): 12:49am On Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLet1Nd-47Q&feature=player_embedded
Today, Friday 11th October 2013 is the International Day of the Girl Child around the world. The Nollywood actress turned activist, Stella Damasus has released an emotional video for #ChildNotBride. Her words in the video are touching, she says:

“My heart still bleeds for the millions of girls all over the world who still do not have a voice to speak. They are still given away in marriage even at age 9, no education, no social relevance, no hope for a promising future. I do pray that you will lend your voice and save a child today.”

See more at http://www..com/2013/10/video-childnotbride-nollywood-actress.html
Re: #childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day by UyiIredia(m): 2:51am On Oct 12, 2013
I hear. First to . . .
Re: #childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Nawa o.

What's this woman crying for? Yerima and others that support the child marriage know what they are doing and I don't think its Stella's responsibility to tell them what to do and what not to do.

Yerima knows his sisters and that's why he wants child marriage.

Its either these girls get married, have sex with their husbands, and have children or they have sex with different men, contact infections such as HIV and AIDS, and still get pregnant.

What she should be doing is teaching girls on how to close their legs till after marriage/wedding.

The two problems Nigeria can have with the child marriage is child/women poverty as a result of lack of education and diseases such as VVF amongst young wives.

That said, Someone should please offer Stella Damascus a job so she can stop looking and talking stu.pid. Thanks.
Re: #childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day by Akshow: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2013
Let's not forget she is a good actress.
Re: #childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day by HezronLorraine(m): 8:14am On Oct 12, 2013
^^
Exactly,she can stage anything and make it real.True talk.
Re: #childnotbride-stella Damasus In Tears Speaking On International Girl Child Day by globalaid(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
Well done stella thank you for lending your voice to one if the most barbaric practice in our society. History will forever remember you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa’s Beau Maje Ayida Chosen As A Judge For The Fasttest Shedder Show / Karen Igho Tweets That She Has Cancer / DBANJ Poses With Dangote As He Shows Off Koko Garri And Sugar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.