Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,770 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

"I Love Macmillian Books" - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "I Love Macmillian Books" (39514 Views)

The One I Love / The One I Love / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by hotangel2(f): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2005
hahahahahaa i did. But i didn't read "my fathers car".
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2005
Ha ha ha, yes yes, i read Eze goes to school, i can remember, also drummer boy. grin cheesy
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by WesleyanA(f): 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2005
i wanted to read eze goes to school but i couldn't find that book but oh well.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2005
Agbo Malaika Lived in the town of Lagun which was not far from Ibadan. He had so may friends. He was in primary four. Agbo was a lucky boy because his parents were rich. And so on................................
Who remembers Chike and the River, Tambari, Tambari in Dukana, Souza boy, Samankwe and the highway Robbers, The Wood carver and the Iroko tree, The Incorruptible Judge, I could go on and on and on
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by hotangel2(f): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2005
HAha.. I know Agbo cheesy cheesy
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by whiteshark(m): 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2005
Na so @ fabian. Those were real nice times in 9ija wen everything was kool kalm and kollective. Times Wen we still had 3 squares a day and could afford holidays and toys. The times when folks could all go out for dinner with their kids and could afford to maintain 2, 3 or even 4 cars. That was the period of festac77 and we all wen to c it live. Oh how I wish those days would come back but the truth is that those days are gone 4eva and u know y? Because of the our called leaders that we have and u know the irony about it? na all those men still dey there today.

Obasanjo na president.

Umaru Dikko go National confab

Yar' adua nai teach Atiku work come open road 4 am

Aninih, Adamu chiroma Solomom Lar etc....

this list goes on and on..... che my men, we have to do something about this situation ooooooo angry
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2005
@ White shark,
Those were the days! But I guess we'd have to make do with these days cos these days will be the those days for our kids in the not so distant future if you know what I mean?

P.S
Where exactly is South-South to you
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by layi(m): 9:57am On Sep 07, 2005
fabian:

Agbo Malaika Lived in the town of Lagun which was not far from Ibadan. He had so may friends. He was in primary four. Agbo was a lucky boy because his parents were rich. And so on................................
Who remembers Chike and the River, Tambari, Tambari in Dukana, Souza boy, Samankwe and the highway Robbers, The Wood carver and the Iroko tree, The Incorruptible Judge, I could go on and on and on

Fabian don't make me cry... cry I read those books as well. I even acted incorruptible judge @ the school endofyr ceremony.

Those where d days of

Make una call police o
Make una call police o
We no want armed robbers lai lai
Call police o

(NTA...played like a million times daily in the 80's)

But really i doubt if these kids have as much fun as we did. too much problems in the country eroding the happy school days.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2005
@ Layi, No, i din't mean to make you cry!
Those were the good old day, when we used to watch Jagua and Papi luwe
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by layi(m): 11:27am On Sep 07, 2005
The days of Danger-Mouse, Super-ted, Terra-ox , Voltron etc. Just like yesterday cry
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2005
What about The concubine, the lion and the jewel, and Understanding mathematics
Any one remember those books cry
I feel like reading them again
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2005
hey girrrrrrrrrl, I feel you! I just bought a copy of the Concubine (by Cyprain Ekwensi) last week, would you believe it! I saw it and felt like relieving the experience!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2005
aww, wish to have it too sad
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2005
@ Queen 2
You really want a copy If you're serious, lemme know!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2005
yeah sure, i love the book i want a copy grin
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2005
How do i get it to you Nice to see your sad ahs turned into a grin
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2005
yup, thanx. Thats the only problem, i dont know
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by whiteshark(m): 1:15am On Sep 08, 2005
Fabian,

South South is anywhere from Edo to Cross rivers. I dey everywhere!!! grin
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 9:18am On Sep 08, 2005
@ whiteshark
Ok, oh ! I hear you! But I guess you are in Benin/Warri anyway. cool

@queen 2
Dunno what to do!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by kemmy(f): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2005
...............Yeah those were the good old days!

One thing that I know for a fact is that those who are young now, will say their time was the best come 2020.......so enjoy the days of your youth and use it well!!!!!!!!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by loveth(f): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2005
so you guys still remember all things. Nawaaaaaaaaa for una.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by hotangel2(f): 5:44am On Oct 11, 2005
it's hard to forget some stuffs hehe cool
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by loveth(f): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2005
that is nice ov you shaaaaaaaaa.i can only remember, Ali is a boy,Simbi is a girl.and Mr Alahaji.thats all.hope i try?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2005
ha ha, me to, i can remember Edet goes to school, today is xmas day, my cousins are coming, my mum is cooking chicken and rice....
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by jenny247(f): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2005
Yeah! I remember the chicken and rice part cos i used to wish my mum was really cooking chicken and rice...that was all i cared about... it was really fun reading those books. way back then i could recite a whole chapter even if i just woke up from the deepest sleep.
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2005
Wow, jenny ur gud, thats the part i can remember, also this part of my brothers goes to onitcha, a thief stole his travelling bag or so... cheesy
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by hotangel2(f): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2005
Who remembers QUANTITATIVE AND VERBAL aptitude?? I know you all do!!

haha.....
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by queen2(f): 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2005
Ha ha hotangel...i do...im really good @ it, its fun cheesy
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by hotangel2(f): 4:56am On Oct 17, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 11:50am On Oct 18, 2005
verbal and Quantitative are so easy............. they seemed like big stuff to me back then tho.............. grin lol!
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by layi(m): 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2005
U sure u did quantitative and verbal aptitude?
ok. Answer this;

****There are 23 birds on a tree. A farmer shoots 1 down. How many would be left on d tree?

****An electric train was moving up north. What will be the direction of the smoke?
Re: "I Love Macmillian Books" by fabian(f): 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2005
None, cos they'll all fly away as soon as they hear d gun shot
abi you wan make them wait for am to shoot em?

Electric train nor get smoke oh!

But these are not quantitative questions Layi, all of us for fail Q. Aptitude if these were d questions oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Legal Captivity By Amponsem Akosua / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.