Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? (741 Views)

Conversion Of HND To Bsc / Hnd Is Equivalent To A Bsc / Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by HumbleServant(m): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2013
My fellow nairalanders', i don't like d unfair discrimination melted @ Poly graduates. To me, i will like Hnd to be equated with B.sc for dis two reasons:
1. To reduce admission problem in dis country: D major reason why admission is difficult in d country today, is becos of d unfair discrimination melted to poly graduates, as everyone want to go thru university educatn at all cost.
2. Hnd holders' are as good as B.sc holders' in place of work. So, why d unfair treatment?

Whats ur talk on dis, keep ur's flowing.................
Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2013
ask federal government.!
Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by Jideh9ty(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2013
Its the NIGERIAN system.
Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by Herbarium: 8:48am On Oct 12, 2013
HumbleServant: My fellow nairalanders', i don't like d unfair discrimination melted @ Poly graduates. To me, i will like Hnd to be equated with B.sc for dis two reasons:
1. To reduce admission problem in dis country: D major reason why admission is difficult in d country today, is becos of d unfair discrimination melted to poly graduates, as everyone want to go thru university educatn at all cost.
2. Hnd holders' are as good as B.sc holders' in place of work. So, why d unfair treatment?

Seconded
Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by vocalprince(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2013
What is HND?? Poly should be scraped!!! But b4 we conclude, let us hear 4rm our........ @........ Top!!!! Feel in the blank spaces. Thank U.
Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by Alikaxon(m): 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2013
Its true, as poly graduates re regarded inferior
Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by Francomekus(m): 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
Nonsense, HND should be the same with Bsc. next OND will want to be same with Bsc.poly ppl will you want OND to be the same with HND, pls Answer me oh. pls also tell government to make Msc the same with Bsc. Till every certificate becomes the same even waec and PHD, is that what you want.
Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by Olugbenger(m): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
HumbleServant: My fellow nairalanders', i don't like d unfair discrimination melted @ Poly graduates. To me, i will like Hnd to be equated with B.sc for dis two reasons:

I've said it before and you would keep hearing it. The HND is not equivalent to the Bsc and it should never be. The HND holders knew exactly what they got involved with when they got schooled in a polythenic. Most of these HND folks in Nigeria never really wanted that degree, but had to settle for less when eventually, they realized they couldn't gain admission into universities normally or on merit. they have proved themselves inferior already, so why the complaints after graduation especially during employment situations?

Do you expect to be treated better than someone who didn't settle for less?

We are used to hearing repeated cases of HND holdera doing better than their university counterparts. This has gone on for a while. While i'm not trying to dispute the authenticity of such reports, i think it's necessary we separate the facts and results from common knowledge and hear says.
Only few polythenics, the top ones like the Yaba and Co precisely breath out graduates worthy of comparisons with Bsc holders. Actually, the rest are Wack; subsequently 'WACKER' than the wack Bsc holders.

it only speaks volumes of Polythenics when they transform Universities admission failures to degree holders and this goodwill has been confused alot with the graduates necessarily being same or better actually.
But we still have relatively okay Universitiies and even private ones.

Competition is strife and hardship necessary at times.

Op, go get a Bsc degree if you really know your stuff. This is plain english and it's that easy.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Like HND To Be Equivalent To B.SC? by tosnat: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
Francomekus: Nonsense, HND should be the same with Bsc. next OND will want to be same with Bsc.poly ppl will you want OND to be the same with HND, pls Answer me oh. pls also tell government to make Msc the same with Bsc. Till every certificate becomes the same even waec and PHD, is that what you want.

Get a brain

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why ASUU Strike Must Last Till 2014 / ASUU Strike Called Off-students To Resume 18th Novembér / Prayer To End Strike By January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.