Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License (9455 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / Breaking News: Kaduna State Govt Dissolves Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sometime ago the VIO in Lagos impounded my car as they claimed my Drivers License was fake. They also slammed me a fine of 20k.
As I went to pay the 20k fine and take my car, I was told that I have to go get the new Drivers License. As I was processing the license, I fell ill and was bedridden for some months, but I am ok now.

I have gone back to the VIO, fulfilled all the conditions - pay fine, tax, etc and was given a vehicle release clearance.
Now my problem is with the demurage. They charged 113k which they later reduced to 80k, but I had only 10k on me. I believe that if I beg them with 40 or 50k they may agree. As I have exhausted available source of raising the money, I am asking for help in the following ways:

- anyone who can help me with some contact at VIO. I have been pursuing this alone without knowing anyone. I know this is Nigeria and whom you know might make a huge difference.

- anyone who can loan me the money with interest to release the vehicle even if the person have to keep the vehicle till I repay. It will be easier to pay the interest than to be paying demurrage of 1k everyday.

- anyone who can buy the vehicle outright - though this will be as a last resort.

Please help me on any of the above or on any other way that you can. The vehicle is a 2002 Landrover Discovery. Please call, sms or email for more details on:
Felly1969@yahoo.com
I hope to hear from you as I really need this help urgently.
Thanks
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2013
Please fellow Nairalanders help me. Every suggestion or idea to help solve this problem is welcome. I am counting on you my brothers and sisters, please.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Kayraph(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2013
Which office of the VIO is d car at? I happen to av a VIO friend in Lagos. I'd like to be of help in any way possible. Cheers
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by gabolz(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2013
The Lord will see you tru bro. So sorry
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kayraph: Which office of the VIO is d car at? I happen to av a VIO friend in Lagos. I'd like to be of help in any way possible. Cheers

The VIO office is Mushin zone. Any help is appreciated. That's a lot.

1 Like

Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
gabolz: The Lord will see you tru bro. So sorry

Thanks brother for your prayer and encouragement.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Kayraph(m): 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alex72:

The VIO office is Mushin zone. Any help is appreciated. That's a lot.

Call me on 08033944018. I don't want to give out the officer's name on this forum. He works at the Ikorodu zone of VIO but I'm sure he cld be of help. I'll give u his details when u call. Cheers
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
Thanks my brother for all your assistance.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
Please my fellow Nairalanders, the problem is far from over. Please I will appreciate any help in any form from anybody.

Please mods you can conribute to help me by moving this to the frontpage or any other section where It can get more attention. Perhaps solution can come from someone out there.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by pafestula(m): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2013
Moderate please help this issue by front page
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2013
@ mods, please can you help me put this on frontpage so that I can get the help that I desperately need. Thanks.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 10:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
@kayralph, thanks for your effort. I have spoken with the man and he promised to link me up to some senior officer who can intervene on on behalf, but for days now, I have not heard from him. I remain optimistic though.

@ mods despite my appeals and pm I sent to many of you, you still can't send this to FP. I know how many TEHN appeals I have responded to anonymously but when it got to me, just to put my post on FP becomes an issue. I thought that Nairaland was more of an online family but now I know better.

@ everyone, please I still need your help. People, including my kids are now going hungry because of this. Please help.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by sammyyoung2(m): 12:29am On Oct 23, 2013
so sorry bro, how much are u willing to dispose the car??
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Alex72(m): 4:59am On Oct 23, 2013
Thanks my brother. If you are interested in buying it, you can contact me so that I can take you to the VIO office where the vehicle is parked so that you can inspect it, then you can make me an offer.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Polio: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
Why are you driving with a fake driver's license in the first place?
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by christejames(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
Just bear with us, we are all nigeria. Fashola is offshore when he comes back i believe committee would be set up to investigate ur claims.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by adtiezy1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
christe james: Just bear with us, we are all nigeria. Fashola is offshore when he comes back i believe committee would be set up to investigate ur claims.
this dude is really funny grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy...can't help it but laugh....back @op..nawa oh..113k for what them mad...the lord is your strength send me your acct num..would send you some cash....cheers cool cool cool cool cry
embarassed embarassed embarassed kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by nkemKalu: 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
V. I.O. is like police and have no right whatsoever to impose fine on u. Please try a competent court of jurisdiction and get a lawyer. u might just succeed to win a good case. However, the car might stay longer but u have 80% chances of winning the case and getting ur car back.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by arabanibaba: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
it is well with you my brother but please my people beware cos anyone can show you a car in the VIO office and collect your money the next thing you are on your own
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by dridowu: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sorry bro no help from angle
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sorry bro! I wish I could help.

That was how they stopped us last month, they demanded for driver's license which my friend produced, once they saw it was genuine, they proceeded to ask for national I'd card, they failed at that too...

This time it was the car papers, yet their extortion effort was fruitless. Finally, they resorted to charge him for carrying 4 under aged people on the back seat. And they fined for 10k of which he ended up paying despite all pleas.

Unfortunately for them, I recorded (video) the whole stuff on my phone.

I'm still contemplating on either to upload it on here.

But, why were you driving with fake license in the 1st place?
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Kayraph(m): 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
Alex72: @kayralph, thanks for your effort. I have spoken with the man and he promised to link me up to some senior officer who can intervene on on behalf, but for days now, I have not heard from him. I remain optimistic though.

@Alex, I spoke to d guy on Sunday to know what has happened so far and I called ur line to know from ur own side too but u didn't pick my call. I sincerely feel for u and really want u out of this situation but u r not helping matters by not carrying me along. However, I'd talk to d guy today and also reach out to some other people. U can see people's comment abt ur plight, some people on this forum are just out to make a fun out of ur misfortune....
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by OlowoB(m): 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
nkem Kalu: V. I.O. is like police and have no right whatsoever to impose fine on u. Please try a competent court of jurisdiction and get a lawyer. u might just succeed to win a good case. However, the car might stay longer but u have 80% chances of winning the case and getting ur car back.

Wat abt d moiney 2 pay for d lawyers dat would handle d case? D unnecessary delays by d courts, wat happens if at d end of d day he ends up loosing d case wat happens next? More money 2 pay since d car would have stayed longer at d vio's office.

@op, y where u driving with a fake driver's license (I just can't but ask dis question). I hope d almighty God sees u thru as I don't knw any1 at vio's office and I am not interested in getting a car for now.
All will be well
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by jhydebaba(m): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lagos na Wah!!! shocked shocked shocked

Bad people don spoil better people.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Lilimax(f): 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
dridowu: Sorry bro no help from angle
grin
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by walemoses2(m): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
As much as this story is pathethic,something is giving me a feeling that,there will be a super story if there is any committment as regards purchase of this car,i might be wrong,forgive me if i am.

1 Like

Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Lilimax(f): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Polio: Why are you driving with a fake driver's license in the first place?
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Ninilowo(m): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Very pathetic ma brother....may God see you through in Jesus Name. You wont sell the vehicle in Jesus Name. God will send you helper in Jesus Name. In Jesus Name I pray.
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by ngooka: 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
They should have arrested the person that processed the licence for you first
Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Lots of views, very few constructive suggestions, it's all well and good to say God will see this guy through, but why not back up prayer with action? We should be our brother's keeper here. Next time, we could be the ones in trouble, regardless of where we reside.

And those asking why he was driving with a fake driver's license. The question is irrelevant, right now, a brother needs our help. This is Nigeria, so such questions shouldn't arise.

OP, how much exactly is needed to get your car out of the pound?

2 Likes

Re: VIO In Lagos Impounded His Car Over Fake Drivers License by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2013

scammer watch...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Domestic Production Of Vehicles Hit 45,000 Units Per Annum / Buying From Copart, IAAI Or Auction Export / What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.