Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,337 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610889 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Drpak: 8:37am On Jul 11, 2014
rawlizo:

Aiit bro, real talk. Definitely d best. Am on it, trying 2 settle d landlord. Safe trip, we go meet dere. And hope u doing first class, like chris viral said. Lol
haha....first class for where,thanks bro we go surely meet dere.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jtbaba1: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2014
MrsM: Thanks for your replies Haustraliah and Missbon! Its either human resource management or nursing....seems I will have a better chance of getting a visa if I go for the former..i chose nursing because nurses seem to have better prospects in Canada...but I might be wrong. It seems most people on this thread did the whole process themselves. Someone told me its better to use an agent..i always apply for visas myself and so far i've been to Uk(have a 5 year visa) and US on visits. But is it really better to use an agent? And also..at my age 31 will I be allowed to take the course as a second degree?
HR should be better.. you can do a fasttrack program. . Not necessarily another Bsc. All u need is a very good SOP.. and stop doing in age thing grin

And u can apply by ur self or thru an agent. . Just continue to seek guidelines. From the thread.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 11, 2014
Haustraliah:
Congratulation my brother,what's the name if your school?
and what course.
you have now changed your name,from amefrica.
lolz.
Hehehe! Boss mi. Thank you oo! Na University of Prince Edward Island, to study Political Science.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 11, 2014
jtbaba1:
HR should be better.. you can do a fasttrack program. . Not necessarily another Bsc. All u need is a very good SOP.. and stop doing in age thing grin

And u can apply by ur self or thru an agent. . Just continue to seek guidelines. From the thread.
pls whats the fast track program all about?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jtbaba1: 8:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Slimdel: Lol my friend is not a bro grin, she's a beautiful lady

grin. My bad..kept calling every one bro grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jtbaba1: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2014
zerray: pls whats the fast track program all about?

Its and advanced diploma. .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Drpak: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2014
zeongeon: Drpak so you sent the photocopied version of your nebosh igc and cieh uk right? Do I have to notarize my ielts result too.
I applied through paper, I applied with my original and notification of results. U don't need to notarise ur ietls thou I didn't include mine and always remeba embassies do verify it oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2014
jtbaba1:

Its and advanced diploma. .
hw many years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 11, 2014
gavinmensah: Goodmorning blessed people. I want to thank everyone that has advised, spent their time to forward samples of documents,encouraged me. Miss bon,chrigo. Special thanks to slimdel annd chatwitfees(kesh). After 3denials.on wednesday I was sent medical instruction. Tho I dnt get the mail notification slimdel just asked me to check my cic account reluctantly I did. Nd behold It was there. Chatwitfees can't forget that word "don't fret" I made mistakes in my application but u encouraged me not to bother. God bless you all. Delay is not denial,denial is not final
Way to go! Congrats bro sis. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zeongeon: 8:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Drpak: I applied through paper, I applied with my original and notification of results. U don't need to notarise ur ietls thou I didn't include mine and always remeba embassies do verify it oooo
Drpak thank you very much but its a school asking for notarize copies so I think I will just notarize d photocopy of my orginals and send to them. How about that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 8:54am On Jul 11, 2014
gavinmensah: Goodmorning blessed people. I want to thank everyone that has advised, spent their time to forward samples of documents,encouraged me. Miss bon,chrigo. Special thanks to slimdel annd chatwitfees(kesh). After 3denials.on wednesday I was sent medical instruction. Tho I dnt get the mail notification slimdel just asked me to check my cic account reluctantly I did. Nd behold It was there. Chatwitfees can't forget that word "don't fret" I made mistakes in my application but u encouraged me not to bother. God bless you all. Delay is not denial,denial is not final
Sweet testimony. Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Haustraliah:
Based on my little assignment, the most affordable tuition I have ever come across are
,.. Memorial University of
Newfoundland
University of Regina.
most canadian universities waives English test for Nigerian students.
if you meet up with all the requirements, you will be granted admission.
Ogas in the house will contribute with more vital info
good luck.

Tanx haustraliah...but,checkin' tru mUN & UR..both fees are stil lil' high...pls,can anyone explain,hw to get a graduate sch wit cheap tuition fees...n wot dey mean but course hour...wen Uni Regina said $17000 hrs cousre of Pg...pls,can smone help in d house..pls..n pls...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2014
You are not alone, Amefrica just called her bro cheesy cheesy cheesy
jtbaba1:

grin. My bad..kept calling every one bro grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by awe2015(f): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Another question please!

I am having some issues with applying.

Firstly, I am still undergoing my philosophical studies here in Nigeria and will be awarded a B.Philosophy by Pontifical Urban University, Rome and B.A by one of our affiliated Universities in Nigeria and will conclude my studies by June, 2015. After my studies, I am intending to apply for the Fall admission (September) 2015.

I will like to know if I qualify to apply for same with my already completed 3 years of study while awaiting my final year (4 years in total). If I am qualified, can I apply before January, 2015 (let's say by September 2014).

My reason for applying immediately is because the seminary awarded me further studies to Rome for my theological studies come 2018. Hence, I have two years before commencing my theological studies and I would like to use these two years to advance my English language accent and other languages (and most especially Etymology) which will aid my studies in Rome (the course I am going for is Linguistics)

I also have other notarized academic transcripts of my secondary education such as WAEC and my statement of result from my secondary school. I would like to know if these aforementioned transcripts together, could qualify me for September, 2015 admission. Additional advice and documents if needed should please, be stipulated in your response.

Thank you as I anticipate your kind responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 11, 2014
Have they updated your account telling u medicals passed
bashorunbazok: I am wondering why it is taking this long for me to get passport request after doing medicals last Saturday...Guys, pls way forward o, did it at Asaju on Saturday. I am seriously running out of time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2014
If you want to apply against fall 2015 then u can chill till next year January before you apply.
Your credentials are okay but since you are going for an English course you will have to provide you English test either TOEFL or ielts but I'm not sure if all schools request for that but based on its an English course u need to provide your test scores, so u can register for the examination write it now and apply January.

Best of luck

awe2015: Another question please!

I am having some issues with applying.

Firstly, I am still undergoing my philosophical studies here in Nigeria and will be awarded a B.Philosophy by Pontifical Urban University, Rome and B.A by one of our affiliated Universities in Nigeria and will conclude my studies by June, 2015. After my studies, I am intending to apply for the Fall admission (September) 2015.

I will like to know if I qualify to apply for same with my already completed 3 years of study while awaiting my final year (4 years in total). If I am qualified, can I apply before January, 2015 (let's say by September 2014).

My reason for applying immediately is because the seminary awarded me further studies to Rome for my theological studies come 2018. Hence, I have two years before commencing my theological studies and I would like to use these two years to advance my English language accent and other languages (and most especially Etymology) which will aid my studies in Rome (the course I am going for is Linguistics)

I also have other notarized academic transcripts of my secondary education such as WAEC and my statement of result from my secondary school. I would like to know if these aforementioned transcripts together, could qualify me for September, 2015 admission. Additional advice and documents if needed should please, be stipulated in your response.

Thank you as I anticipate your kind responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2014
Slimdel: You are not alone, Amefrica just called her bro cheesy cheesy cheesy

My bad! grin We don brotherlize this thread oo grin

Abeg all of una wey be lady, make una dey try put the pink (f)for the front of ur moniker oo.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jtbaba1: 9:15am On Jul 11, 2014
zerray: hw many years

2 years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by divinetunes(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2014
Jijola: Thanks Divine. May the God of Divinity see to our matter! Cheers.

Amen Sir! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by famolino(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2014
I guess no one saw dis.
famolino: Evening everyone, just got my username back after the crash on nairaland. I have been following as guest though. I got admitted to Humber yesterday (winter 2015) after so many wahala with getting my transcript sent by e-mail (I still don't have a copy cos the issuing institution won't give it to me). Please, I don't know where to begin with. Moreso, someone advised earlier to wait till first week of september cos of work load with VO. Your 2kobo pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by MrArams: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2014

Congrats ma'am. clearly remember yr story, good to know u never gave up

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bashorunbazok: 9:51am On Jul 11, 2014
Slimdel: Have they updated your account telling u medicals passed
No, they have not. My profile hasn't changed from 'we need your medical information'.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2014
Please dear what exactly is your question cause u didn't ask one and yes I advised you wait till first week of September since you are applying for winter program

Cheers

famolino: I guess no one saw dis.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 11, 2014
If by end of today still nothing then you can call the hospital to know what the delay is all about
Infact call them now and know whatsup they won't bite u if u do grin
bashorunbazok:
No, they have not. My profile has't change from 'we need your medical information'.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 10:07am On Jul 11, 2014

DON'T FRET grin ....Congrats sis, u deserved it.
Always my pleasure to help out!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by famolino(m): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2014
Where do I start from after getting admitted? I have searched for posts, links, on how to go about applying for visa online, guess it has gone with the crash. (My documents are almost ready)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Frosti(m): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2014
Congrats. God wey do am for you go do am for us too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2014
famolino: Where do I start from after getting admitted? I have searched for posts, links, on how to go about applying for visa online, guess it has gone with the crash. (My documents are almost ready)
List ur documents out bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 11, 2014
This is the website on how to go about applying online www.cic.gc.ca
Create your checklist and know the way forward from there, meanwhile you can list out the docs you have available

Cheers

famolino: Where do I start from after getting admitted? I have searched for posts, links, on how to go about applying for visa online, guess it has gone with the crash. (My documents are almost ready)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by famolino(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2014
SOP (still working on it)
Degree certificate (I don't hv my own transcript copy, hope I'm safe)
Letter of acceptance
Statement of Account of sponsor (my brother, working in a bank)
Tax clearance
NYSC certificate
Birth cert
Document of properties

Dis is wat I have so far.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:46am On Jul 11, 2014
In addition, spend today reading this thread from page 1. It will help you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by zigi88: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2014
t
I remembered you smiley congrats on your medical call. Your testimony is just like me friend, he was also denied 3xs and got it at the fourth attempt. What school you heading to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.