Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Basic Things To Consider Before Doing Bis On Any Network Within Nigeria For Now - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Basic Things To Consider Before Doing Bis On Any Network Within Nigeria For Now (699 Views)

10 Things To Do While Stuck In Nigerian Traffic / How Much Do You Consider Broke? / Winning Number For Lotto Nigeria For This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basic Things To Consider Before Doing Bis On Any Network Within Nigeria For Now by noblesomto(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2013

So let start with GLO.
Texting BBCMonth to 777 get you subscribed for Glo blackberry complete plan which cost #1000 with a data cap of 3GB.
with this 3GB of data you can browse with it on your PC provided your blackberry is not branded i.e verizon, sprint etc reasons is because if you want to use it to browse on your PC you will be connecting with the Blackberry desktop manager, and the blackberry desktop manager does not support the apn "blackberry.net"

How to do it:

Step 1 : Subscribe to Glo BIS using "BBCMonth" to 777,
skip step 1 if you are already a GLO BIS subscriber, then after successful subscription
Start your blackberry desktop manager..And create an APN with blackberry.net

For Airtel they are currently the Best Network now with loads of great offers.
with the airtel Bis you get 2GB of data, dialling *440*16# get you subscribed to airtel unlimited blackberry plan with 2GB of data which can be use to browse on PC, Android, Iphones and what have you.

After a successful subscription load an additional #100 and dial *141*11*1# this will open your plan across all device platform, you will be able to use it to browse on any device at no extra cost.

For MTN smiles I just don't know how to say this, but I have to say their blackberry subscription will not be favourable to you if you have the intention of using it to browse on your other devices like PC, Android etc
and they offer the lowest data size,

For Etisalat, I think when it comes to the Best network speed I give it to them even on 2G network also called EDGE you can ping and browse comfortably fine, they use to be the best when the hotspot feature was left open to work with, but currently they have disabled that service.

so i hope with these tips you will choose wisely, and wont be wasting money.

for more gist visit: www.info10ment.com

Affordable adverts, promo & placements, music promotion etc @
www.info10ment.com
Pin: 27CB113F
Email: noble@info10ment.com
twitter: @info10ment.com

If you need a personal website, company website, personal blog, school portal, e_library, education site, music site, social network website... Or any type of website you can think of...

Share/Re bc.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Basic Things To Consider Before Doing Bis On Any Network Within Nigeria For Now by Chae: 6:28am On Oct 14, 2013
Airtel BIS cost hw much?
Re: Basic Things To Consider Before Doing Bis On Any Network Within Nigeria For Now by Bodafix(m): 10:09am On Oct 15, 2013
noblesomto:

So let start with GLO.
Texting BBCMonth to 777 get you subscribed for Glo blackberry complete plan which cost #1000 with a data cap of 3GB.
with this 3GB of data you can browse with it on your PC provided your blackberry is not branded i.e verizon, sprint etc reasons is because if you want to use it to browse on your PC you will be connecting with the Blackberry desktop manager, and the blackberry desktop manager does not support the apn "blackberry.net"

How to do it:

Step 1 : Subscribe to Glo BIS using "BBCMonth" to 777,
skip step 1 if you are already a GLO BIS subscriber, then after successful subscription
Start your blackberry desktop manager..And create an APN with blackberry.net

For Airtel they are currently the Best Network now with loads of great offers.
with the airtel Bis you get 2GB of data, dialling *440*16# get you subscribed to airtel unlimited blackberry plan with 2GB of data which can be use to browse on PC, Android, Iphones and what have you.

After a successful subscription load an additional #100 and dial *141*11*1# this will open your plan across all device platform, you will be able to use it to browse on any device at no extra cost.

For MTN smiles I just don't know how to say this, but I have to say their blackberry subscription will not be favourable to you if you have the intention of using it to browse on your other devices like PC, Android etc
and they offer the lowest data size,

For Etisalat, I think when it comes to the Best network speed I give it to them even on 2G network also called EDGE you can ping and browse comfortably fine, they use to be the best when the hotspot feature was left open to work with, but currently they have disabled that service.

so i hope with these tips you will choose wisely, and wont be wasting money.

for more gist visit: www.info10ment.com

Affordable adverts, promo & placements, music promotion etc @
www.info10ment.com
twitter: @info10ment.com

If you need a personal website, company website, personal blog, school portal, e_library, education site, music site, social network website... Or any type of website you can think of...

Share/Re bc.... Thanks
To be honest I like ppl like you.

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About The Nose / ASUU Finally Agrees To Suspend Strike, Underthree (3) Conditions / New Icons FS And NT On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.