Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? (674 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Christian Weapons Of Warfare (8 Powerful Weapons All Christians Must Use)! / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2013
I just want to know if it is compulsory for all christians to speak in tongues.
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by PastorOluT(m): 9:53am On Oct 13, 2013
joel lala: I just want to know if it is compulsory for all christians to speak in tongues.

I will not use the compulsory or must for its a choice and ur freewill still remain as a Christian, but it is very imperative that every xtian Christian speak in tongue. First u have to understand what speaking in tongue really is!
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I will not use the compulsory or must for its a choice and ur freewill still remain as a Christian, but it is very imperative that every xtian Christian speak in tongue. First u have to understand what speaking in tongue really is!

True sir but the reason i asked is becos i have witnessed a scenerio many years ago where they told some church people in a vigil that they must speak in tongues..why is it so.
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
Go and ask God if it is yours to speak in tongue.
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
How can i ask God when i have seen people forced to speak in tongue Is it not wrong to force people to speak in tongue.
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by PastorOluT(m): 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
joel lala:

True sir but the reason i asked is becos i have witnessed a scenerio many years ago where they told some church people in a vigil that they must speak in tongues..why is it so.

True it has been abused but that does nt reduce its authenticity. Its a thing of the spirit n if anyone fake it he's doing it at his own peril. It comes to u naturally by the spirit as He gives utterances, though by the laying of the hands of the elders bt it is never forced, for no man controls the move of the spirit.

U just walk with the father in truth and spirit and also desire the gift and it will with time. And if u can also get the help of a genuine elder that will be good.
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

True it has been abused but that does nt reduce its authenticity. Its a thing of the spirit n if anyone fake it he's doing it at his own peril. It comes to u naturally by the spirit as He gives utterances, though by the laying of the hands of the elders bt it is never forced, for no man controls the move of the spirit.

U just walk with the father in truth and spirit and also desire the gift and it will with time. And if u can also get the help of a genuine elder that will be good.

Thanks..I awlays wondered why this was abused..it even happened in a well reknowned church..
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Emusan(m): 11:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I will not use the compulsory or must for its a choice and ur freewill still remain as a Choice very imperative that every xtian Christian speak in tongue. First u have to understand what speaking in tongue really is!

Well said...,but let me chip in some points.
Speaking in tongues is a greater evidence that someone has received Holyghost baptis....it means you can't be baptized with Holyghost without speaking in tongues.

In that 1Corin 12&14 where Apostle Paul spoke about speaking in touguea.....people usually misinterpret that chapter.

In the chapters, Two(2) types of tongues were deacribed (1) Personal usage/benefit, (2) General usage/benefit.

The first can be seen in these two verses 1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

These two verses clearly teach that anyone who speaks in tongues speak mystery because nobody understood him/her.

While Apostle Paul strickly emphasized on how using tongues to delivere a message(s) to the church....then by doing this you need interpretation either by you or another gifted person.

Fanally, 1 Corin 12:3 says "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
This is the major reason why Christian need to be baptized with Holy ghost and once you are being baptized with It you can speak anywhere as the Spirit gives auttrance NOT as you were taught or directed by anybody BUT only when you're being moved by the Spirit.

In a case when you're in a program and the coordinator ask you to begins speak in tongues just know within you that Spirit of God must first move before such can happen.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
Emusan:

Well said...,but let me chip in some points.
Speaking in tongues is a greater evidence that someone has received Holyghost baptis....it means you can be baptized with Holyghost without speak in tongues.

In that 1Corin 12&14 where Apostle Paul spoke about speaking in touguea.....people usually misinterpret that chapter.

In the chapter Two(2) types of tongues were deacribed (1) Personal usage/benefit, (2) General usage/benefit.

The first can be seen in these two verses 1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

These two verses clearly teach that anyone who speaks in tongues speak mystery because nobody understood him/her.

While Apostle Paul strickly emphasized on how using tongues to delivere a message(s) to the church....then by doing this you need interpretation either by you or another gifted person.

Fanally, 1 Corin 12:3 says "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
This is the major reason why Christian need to be baptized with Holy ghost and once you are being baptized with It you can speak anywhere as the Spirit gives auttrance NOT as you were taught or directed by anybody BUT only when you're being moved by the Spirit.

In a case when you're in a program and the coordinator ask you to begins speak in tongues just know within you that Spirit of God must first move before such can happen.

Shalom!

Thank you...But what do you do when you are in such situation were you are being forced to speak in tongues? do you just walk away or you pretend to speak? Am just thinking aloud
Re: Must All Christians Speak In Tongues? by Emusan(m): 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
joel lala:

Thank you...But what do you do when you are in such situation were you are being forced to speak in tongues? do you just walk away or you pretend to speak? Am just thinking aloud

Well what I usually do is that I will try to allow the spirit of God to move in me. When It moves I will be connected but once It doesn't I will just cintinue to pray because I can't force myself to speak in tongues. No need to pretend.

Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between Jesus And Pastors / ‘deny Christ Or Die,’ Boko Haram Tells Christians / ISIS Declared Caliphate In Iraq And Syria: Promises To Spread Jihad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.