Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Oracle - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Oracle (1088 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle by princewilordu(f): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
please by January 2014 i will be applying to learn oracle 11g. Please i need a guide on my expectations from the course and probably areas of hope for job as a database admin i believe that's what i will become when am 2ru. Am a computer science HND final.
Re: Oracle by naijaswag1: 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Firstly, you are on the right track. As a computer science hnd final year student you need some technical knowledge if you are to really appreciate the course you have read. The course is very practical and Oracle database 11g can give you the platform you need to start up in the IT industry.

Now to your question, you will learn the fundamentals of database administration. That is, managing a database management system (DBMS). Oracle 11g is a proprietary DBMS and relational in nature. You will also learn the language of relational DBMS being SQL (if the guys are good).

I have been a little technical but I believe as a final year hnd computer science guy, you should look up these terms in google and take it from there.
Re: Oracle by barapistis(m): 12:40am On Oct 16, 2013
oracle is not just the best for now as a nigerian,web or networking will do more good for you
Re: Oracle by phestus(m): 1:13am On Oct 16, 2013
naija_swag: Firstly, you are on the right track. As a computer science hnd final year student you need some technical knowledge if you are to really appreciate the course you have read. The course is very practical and Oracle database 11g can give you the platform you need to start up in the IT industry.

Now to your question, you will learn the fundamentals of database administration. That is, managing a database management system (DBMS). Oracle 11g is a proprietary DBMS and relational in nature. You will also learn the language of relational DBMS being SQL (if the guys are good).

I have been a little technical but I believe as a final year hnd computer science guy, you should look up these terms in google and take it from there.
Nice one. As an OCE myself(still to write my OCA and OCP) i can tell you that you would probably be given foundation tutorials on Linux(since it is commonly use as server). As a student of computer science i think you would find it rather smooth.PL/SQL is where i need some extra studying.You would get there.GoodLuck!
Re: Oracle by phestus(m): 1:17am On Oct 16, 2013
bara pistis: oracle is not just the best for now as a nigerian,web or networking will do more good for you
True the market isnt just big enuogh.But your Sql knowledge will serve you.Microsoft Sql server is another option for database,widely used.I am certain Oracle would hit Nigeria big very soon.(although its already in Nigerai)
Re: Oracle by barapistis(m): 3:28am On Oct 16, 2013
phestus:
True the market isnt just big enuogh.But your Sql knowledge will serve you.Microsoft Sql server is another option for database,widely used.I am certain Oracle would hit Nigeria big very soon.(although its already in Nigerai)

have all the knowledge of basic oca for now as an oracle instructor,have guys working working in mtn,cyberspace and co giving me daily cons and pros
,i even wonder why people choose to pay that much for a vendor specific cert in database,oracle will never come big nigeria,i know this through some of my finding and the competition oracle is facing presently...yes sql will forever sell but not oracle.oracle slept while big data was eating up the market,people should stop taking oracle as a course...they have better option than this
[url]
http://www.naijacerts.com/2013/10/oracle-still-hates-open-source-software.html[/url]
Re: Oracle by phestus(m): 9:27am On Oct 16, 2013
okay bro. Am currentely thinking of taking OCA exams.whats your advice for me(am an undergraduate of computer-science).Am very much interested in a career in the are of Database
Re: Oracle by barapistis(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
phestus: okay bro. Am currentely thinking of taking OCA exams.whats your advice for me(am an undergraduate of computer-science).Am very much interested in a career in the are of Database

hey,you should continue in your path of passion,if oracle is your passion ,am not stopping you but am only talking of whats obtainable in the labor market.the end of oracle itself is much closer to programming so ,instead of wasting time on oca which you have to pay 75k for exams,i rather go for web developement or software design and if you dont want to become too geeky the microsoft mcsa,the new mcse will still give you some database experience if you know how to do it..
go on
Re: Oracle by phestus(m): 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
bara pistis:

hey,you should continue in your path of passion,if oracle is your passion ,am not stopping you but am only talking of whats obtainable in the labor market.the end of oracle itself is much closer to programming so ,instead of wasting time on oca which you have to pay 75k for exams,i rather go for web developement or software design and if you dont want to become too geeky the microsoft mcsa,the new mcse will still give you some database experience if you know how to do it..
go on
i get you.
Re: Oracle by Kidstell: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2013
If you want to get confused keep asking here. The basic thing you should know is that if you can get a good center to learn oracle then you will easily match up with any database admin technology. Oracle is very technical very exceptional those who use it should know what i mean. Learn it friend and do not stop like you never did. with this course you will be able to learn the others in your bedroom
Re: Oracle by ToyinDipo(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2013
In the ERP world Oracle surely dominates. Most firms that recruit for the role of database developer often require knowledge of Oracle as an alternative, or only option. And surely, they ask for professional cert. I would advise you to start on the Oracle certification path now, if that's what you really have passion for. I think it will also do you good if you can combine it with java or php at one point. Finally, if you want to make it easy for yourself get certified, that's what employers look for.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Microsoft’s Next CEO Should Break Up The Company / Bonus For Nairaland Programmers. / Workflow Developer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.