Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Church Is Not A Show; Finding The True Purpose Of Sunday Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Is Not A Show; Finding The True Purpose Of Sunday Service (445 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Is It A Sin Not To Attend Sunday Service? / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church Is Not A Show; Finding The True Purpose Of Sunday Service by vanstanzy(m): 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
Some people approach church in the same way they seek out new mobile phone carrier or cable provider. "Well, I'm just not getting what I need anymore. I think it's time to move on." If you approach church with a consumer mentality, you are selling yourself short. When the knowledge you hear in church remains between your ears and the worship becomes little more than a spectator sport, you are missing the point.

BY MILES MCPHERSON

Source: http://okunammiri..com/2013/10/church-is-not-show-finding-true-purpose.html
Re: Church Is Not A Show; Finding The True Purpose Of Sunday Service by vanstanzy(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
This is really true about todays church-goers. For most of them, church is just a fashion house and not a worship house. Need i also say that nudity has crept into the church? Like Shaggy once sang, "Every Sunday is a Competition!" undecided.

(1) (Reply)

Creative Miracle / 2 Ways To Use Halloween For Jesus / Why Is Catholic Service Refer As "Mass"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.