Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! (773 Views)

Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria / Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! by okonri(m): 8:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Although she is Finnish, her blood is in ‘White and Green.’

Essi, a Finnish song writer and musician has just released her first song titled: “Fall In Love.” According to her, the song is a tribute to Nigeria, Nigerian people and Nigerian music.

In an interview by Afrofinland, Essi said she started to fall in love with Nigerian music after she met a Nigerian who introduced her to it. “My interest in Nigerian music made me to start to explore and research on my own and I found out that I love it!”, Essi says.

“I started this trip with Naija (Nigeria) music in 2006 by listening to P-Square. I know almost all their songs by heart and I also went to London to see them performing. I was in the front row so that I could have a clear glimpse of them and in fact, I was probably the only white girl in the crowd :p “, she said.

When asked whether she’ll love to visit Nigeria at any point in time she said she definitely has it in her plans to go someday.

Essi, who said she gets her inspirations from Nigerian music claims she has found so much joy in Nigerian music, and even make her fall in love the more with the rich cultures of Nigeria.

The song was produced by Juwonmix who was also the mixer of the beats. He is Nigerian and amazing at what he does!

Essi is looking forward to meeting and performing with notable artists like the P Square and other wonderful artists across the continent of Africa. “Fall in Love” which was her first song, was released on Basso radio Boom Shakalaka show in Finland on the 22nd of September. No doubt she has got a lot of Fans in Finland and beyond. The song has gotten a big hit of about 12,500 views on Youtube after few days of upload, as at the writing of this article!

Essi is calling out to all Nigerians, Africans and all lovers of Nigeria, living in Finland and in neighboring countries to come out and watch her perform at Afrobeat in Nosturi between 22:00 – 24:00 on 19th of October 2013 - a perfect date with the Nigerian Independence Day celebrations in Helsinki.

“I just hope my people dem will come to celebrate this amazing country which has brought me so much joy and happiness, with me. We're gonna dance the night away with all great Nigerian tunes.” - Essi

http://www.afrofinland.com/index.php/blog-479/item/1564-how-i-fell-in-love-with-nigeria-essi-a-finnish-musician-shares-her-story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBSG7qdpEa4
Re: White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! by Bantino(m): 8:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Good for the music industry, it will help create more awareness to the good sounds and beats of Naija music.
Re: White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! by demelza: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2013
So because she's white, we should lay red carpet for her.
Let her follow the newbies and hustle jare!
Ps: if she sings trash, we aint buying.
Re: White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! by amiskurie(m): 8:39am On Oct 14, 2013
gud!
Re: White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! by okonri(m): 9:21am On Oct 14, 2013
demelza: So because she's white, we should lay red carpet for her.
Let her follow the newbies and hustle jare!
Ps: if she sings trash, we aint buying.

We should also encourage her as we do to our own upcoming artists. We are all one.
Re: White Lady Artiste Breaks Into The Nigerian Music Industry With A Hit Track! by Clemzy16(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2013
Good for her! P-square is a legend.

(1) (Reply)

12 Biggest Nigerian Artistes Of 2013 / Visit Howfa9ja.com For The Latest Nigerian Music And Entertainment News / 6 Naija Kings Of Collabo 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.