Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? (1953 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 14, 2013
I have noticed some anti-christian threads here were people reject the christian God for their Yoruba gods eg
https://www.nairaland.com/1458379/god-israel-god-all

I have also noticed many people opening threads questioning religion or their beliefs in christianity (people that are not regulars in the religion section)
https://www.nairaland.com/1476157/he-exists-god-not-someone
https://www.nairaland.com/1399903/thread-atheists-skeptics-agnostics-deists
https://www.nairaland.com/1473966/why-did-god-put-tree
https://www.nairaland.com/1458379/god-israel-god-all

Do you guys see the same increase?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by ooman(m): 9:05am On Oct 14, 2013
your work of atheistic evangelism is really fruitful...

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 14, 2013
ooman: your work of atheistic evangelism is really fruitful...

Lets not discount the work of Pagan9ja and Folykaze.....inspiring stuff
Alfa Seltzer too...I cant remember which thread but the guy went nuclear bomb on the christians there....he was probably pissed at some of their babble

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by nnofaith: 9:10am On Oct 14, 2013
People are waking up my brother. Old monikers will disappear and new ones will be born.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2013
nnofaith: People are waking up my brother. Old monikers will disappear and new ones will be born.

Atheistic debaptism of logic cheesy

Poetic
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2013
Guess I'm one of the new ones here...I was however an agnostic before i came to nairaland.

Been taking my time to go through a whole lot threads here n I can say I've been more enlightened through the threads n posts of logicboy, deepsight,platteon, annony, folykaze, mazaje, the homer and even davidylan (lol...even though i most times disagree with him).
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2013
rationalmind: Guess I'm one of the new ones here...I was however an agnostic before i came to nairaland.

Been taking my time to go through a whole lot threads here n I can say I've been more enlightened through the threads n posts of logicboy, deepsight,platteon, annony, folykaze, mazaje, the homer and even davidylan (lol...even though i most times disagree with him).

Davidylan lol..... grin grin grin
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by bolaino(m): 9:46am On Oct 14, 2013
logicboy, u no go leave atheism alone?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 14, 2013
bolaino: logicboy, u no go leave atheism alone?

You want me to leave NL?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:01am On Oct 14, 2013
Logicboy, lets talk.

I remember daily reading of your post two years ago made me realise somethings which were blind to me.

But what happen nowadays? You becoming troll
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Logicboy, lets talk.

I remember daily reading of your post two years ago made me realise somethings which were blind to me.

But what happen nowadays? You becoming troll

What post was that?

How is it not hard to be a troll at times when we have corrupt slowpoke mods who treat like one when you mind your own business?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Delafruita(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2013
Before i became a regular on this board,i was already a religious skeptic.however,my opinion was pretty much kept to myself but been on nairaland and sharing ideas with folks of high intelligence like buzugee,davidylan,logicboy,cyrexx,deepsight and many others pushed me deeper into research and made me fully understand the hypocrisy of religion.

Besides i have come to understand that a majority of people have questions about their faith but they goad themselves with the "ways of god are not the ways of man" logic.

I was out for drinks with a few friends yesterday and somehow the discussion shifted to religion.it seemed like those dudes found an avenue to finally ask the questions they had held back on.and much as i tried to enlighten them,i couldnt but wish they could logon to nairaland and partake of the enlightening discussions therein

Its not in doubt that quite a number of the religious have started to question their beliefs and its only a matter a time before the gospel of the irreligious becomes just as commonplace as the others
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2013
Delafruita: Before i became a regular on this board,i was already a religious skeptic.however,my opinion was pretty much kept to myself but been on nairaland and sharing ideas with folks of high intelligence like buzugee,davidylan,logicboy,cyrexx,deepsight and many others pushed me deeper into research and made me fully understand the hypocrisy of religion.

Besides i have come to understand that a majority of people have questions about their faith but they goad themselves with the "ways of god are not the ways of man" logic.

I was out for drinks with a few friends yesterday and somehow the discussion shifted to religion.it seemed like those dudes found an avenue to finally ask the questions they had held back on.and much as i tried to enlighten them,i couldnt but wish they could logon to nairaland and partake of the enlightening discussions therein

Its not in doubt that quite a number of the religious have started to question their beliefs and its only a matter a time before the gospel of the irreligious becomes just as commonplace as the others

Well said
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 14, 2013
there is a certain sense of regret that you are only just discovering after decades of blissful ignorance of the Truth. each discovery left me drained of hope, clutching at the last straws of what i held as Truth now laid bare as complete falsehood. the pain is not even the discovery of this stark lie but the fact that ancient, desert illiterates were able to fool me this long. it is a relief to know I am not the only one

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 14, 2013
voltron: there is a certain sense of regret that you are only just discovering after decades of blissful ignorance of the Truth. each discovery left me drained of hope, clutching at the last straws of what i held as Truth now laid bare as complete falsehood. the pain is not even the discovery of this stark lie but the fact that ancient, desert illiterates were able to fool me this long. it is a relief to know I am not the only one

Dont blame yourself......childhood indoctrination is almost impossible to shake off. If religion was taught from ages 15 upwards, religion would become almost dead
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2013
Delafruita: Before i became a regular on this board,i was already a religious skeptic.however,my opinion was pretty much kept to myself but been on nairaland and sharing ideas with folks of high intelligence like buzugee,davidylan,logicboy,cyrexx,deepsight and many others pushed me deeper into research and made me fully understand the hypocrisy of religion.

I believe NL is making an impact and some people got to Seun which made him first quarantine muslims and then impose born agains as moderators here to stem the tide of rebellion. Unfortunately for them, the cat's out of the bag. Internet is here to stay and is enlightening thousands daily.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:43am On Oct 14, 2013
voltron: there is a certain sense of regret that you are only just discovering after decades of blissful ignorance of the Truth. each discovery left me drained of hope, clutching at the last straws of what i held as Truth now laid bare as complete falsehood. the pain is not even the discovery of this stark lie but the fact that ancient, desert illiterates were able to fool me this long. it is a relief to know I am not the only one

I believe it happened to most of us. Not only regret but anger. I now get very angry when I see religious people and their hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Ranchhoddas: 11:04am On Oct 14, 2013
Nairaland religion section has made me question everytin i ever believed about religion.people like logicboy,muskeeto,wiegraf,ooman,plaetton(i dey feel this guy)evil brain,mr troll,cyrexx,etc and even alfa seltzer with his eccentricities have been very influential to that effect.I now consider myself a healthy skeptic. The thing about religion that i can't shake off is the subject of supernatural occurences.If as thinkers we say supernatural occurences do not occur or that they are all staged by pastors and their likes,i think it will also make guilty of the blindness and ignorance we accuse religious folks of.You can't tell me that all the miracles at crusades like Holy Ghost Congress or at Shiloh are staged or are unreal.That will make you the blind and irrational one.Don't you guys agree?

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Ranchhoddas: Nairaland religion section has made me question everytin i ever believed about religion.people like logicboy,muskeeto,wiegraf,ooman,plaetton(i dey feel this guy)evil brain,mr troll,cyrexx,etc and even alfa seltzer with his eccentricities have been very influential to that effect.I now consider myself a healthy skeptic. The thing about religion that i can't shake off is the subject of supernatural occurences.If as thinkers we say supernatural occurences do not occur or that they are all staged by pastors and their likes,i think it will also make guilty of the blindness and ignorance we accuse religious folks of.You can't tell me that all the miracles at crusades like Holy Ghost Congress or at Shiloh are staged or are unreal.That will make you the blind and irrational one.Don't you guys agree?

They are staged miracles...not real.....TB Joshua's church where demons use microphones.....
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

They are staged miracles...not real.....TB Joshua's church where demons use microphones.....

grin You do not have to go far to figure that out.. i also asked questions about how a popular Pastor/Healer in the Ajah environs sent his daughter abroad for medical treatment.. he has healed hundreds literally in his branch.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Ranchhoddas: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

every single one...c'mon,how is it possible to stage all that?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Ranchhoddas: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2013
voltron:

grin You do not have to go far to figure that out.. i also asked questions about how a popular Pastor/Healer in the Ajah environs sent his daughter abroad for medical treatment.. he has healed hundreds literally in his branch.
so you use one relatively unknown pastor to judge all?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ranchhoddas: The thing about religion that i can't shake off is the subject of supernatural occurences.If as thinkers we say supernatural occurences do not occur or that they are all staged by pastors and their likes,i think it will also make guilty of the blindness and ignorance we accuse religious folks of.

I think I share some of your views and thats one of the reasons I don't call myself an athiest. I don't want to be grouped with people who see nothing beyond the material universe.

Something happened to me when I got to 500L. I was to register my courses for the session only to be told by my course adviser he couldnt see the result of a course I had passed while in 200L( had different course advisers in 200L n 500L). He told me I had to re register the course. It was a very terrible course I couldnt just imagine writing again ( Engineering drawing). I wrote a letter to the department of mechanical engineering to please help resend the result to my department. I explained that, when the result was originally released, I had a C (Please note that, in my school, my department to be specific, your exact scores are not released. Just the grades).

When i got home, I was dejected. What if mechanical department said they didnt find the result, that means i have to re-write the exam.

I slept that night and i had a dream. In the dream, i saw that mechanical dept saw my result and said I had 57. When i woke up, i narrated the story to my roomate n he laughed it off saying my thoughts before i slept led to the dream.....

To my greatest surprise, eventually when the result was found by mech dept, they sent my score, 57 to my department. This was a score i had never seen before other than the dream.

It will be difficult to waive the dream and that occurence as just coincidence simply because, I could had had anything between 51 and 59 as C.

While I'm not making any conclusion as regards my experience, it however made me skeptical about attributing everything to the material.

Who knows, maybe one day, science will provide answers to mysteries like this.

But till then, I remain an agnostic.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by mcfynest(m): 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2013

OH!!!!!! delafruita you too. #sobs.......

its finna go down soon o ye heathens..... remember God is not the God of all,.....chaz
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
rationalmind:

I think I share some of your views and thats one of the reasons I don't call myself an athiest. I don't want to be grouped with people who see nothing beyond the material universe.

Something happened to me when I got to 500L. I was to register my courses for the session only to be told by my course adviser he couldnt see the result of a course I had passed while in 200L( had different course advisers in 200L n 500L). He told me I had to re register the course. It was a very terrible course I couldnt just imagine writing again ( Engineering drawing). I wrote a letter to the department of mechanical engineering to please help resend the result to my department. I explained that, when the result was originally released, I had a C (Please note that, in my school, my department to be specific, your exact scores are not released. Just the grades).

When i got home, I was dejected. What if mechanical department said they didnt find the result, that means i have to re-write the exam.

I slept that night and i had a dream. In the dream, i saw that mechanical dept saw my result and said I had 57. When i woke up, i narrated the story to my roomate n he laughed it off saying my thoughts before i slept led to the dream.....

To my greatest surprise, eventually when the result was found by mech dept, they sent my score, 57 to my department. This was a score i had never seen before other than the dream.

It will be difficult to waive the dream and that occurence as just coincidence simply because, I could had had anything between 51 and 59 as C.

While I'm not making any conclusion as regards my experience, it however made me skeptical about attributing everything to the material.

Who knows, maybe one day, science will provide answers to mysteries like this.

But till then, I remain an agnostic.

You would be amazed at what the human brain through unconscious working is capable of doing.

What happened to you was nothing supernatural at all but your rested brain working out things it had stored up unconsciously.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Ranchhoddas: 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You would be amazed at what the human brain through unconscious working is capable of doing.

What happened to you was nothing supernatural at all but your rested brain working out things it had stored up unconsciously.
he never saw the scores...you are so desperate to disbelieve the supernatural ps: does satanism have nothing supernatural about it?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ranchhoddas: he never saw the scores...you are so desperate to disbelieve the supernatural ps: does satanism have nothing supernatural about it?

The guy that won that lottery never saw the numbers before. OOOOHHHH! So supernatural! shocked
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by MrTroll(m): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
@rational mind, do you know how many dreams you have each night? Do you know that you forget more than 70% of them within 10 minutes of your waking up? What makes you think that your brain guessing out a score whose odd is about 1 in 10 has something to do with the supernatural? Really man?

@the rest, many pastors have been found to be fake so it is safe to assume without concrete scientific evidence that the other 'miracles' are make believe. If I may ask, do you personally know anybody that was physically deforrmed and was later magically healed?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Ranchhoddas: 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

The guy that won that lottery never saw the numbers before. OOOOHHHH! So supernatural! shocked
very very dumb analogy.is this the best you can come up with?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mr Troll: @rational mind, do you know how many dreams you have each night? Do you know that you forget more than 70% of them within 10 minutes of your waking up? What makes you think that your brain guessing out a score whose odd is about 1 in 10 has something to do with the supernatural? Really man?

@the rest, many pastors have been found to be fake so it is safe to assume without concrete scientific evidence that the other 'miracles' are make believe. If I may ask, do you personally know anybody that was physically deforrmed and was later magically healed?

What are the odds of guessing 57 from 51-59 in an exam you wrote?

And this guy is an engineer.....basic maths n probablility
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ranchhoddas: very very dumb analogy.is this the best you can come up with?

No. It's the best you can understand.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? by plaetton: 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2013

He he he.
Yes dear friend, the bolded is the most painful and puzzling aspect of the entire religious racket.

I still try to point out to people, educated people, why and how they could rely on stone-age desert illiterates to define reality for them.

I just can't get it. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Divine Revelations Of The Judgement Of God, 2017 / Rccg Sunday School 22 October, 2017 / The Christian Fathers And The Jews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.