Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah (17581 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / 7 KIlled In Sallah Day Accident On Bauchi Road / What is the cost of Sallah Ram in your area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by johntousin(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Usually, during Sallah, the cost of Ram skyrockets far beyond the savings of many Muslims. Although Ram is the most popular Sallah Sacrifice, there are other animals – usually ignored and cheaper – that faithfuls can use for sacrifice and receive rewards from Allah.

Eid-l Kabir, according to the teachings of Islam is associated to animal sacrifice. Its origin from the time of Prophet Abraham (Ibrahim) in Quran chapter 37 verse 102-107.

Various rewards are attached to the animals used for sacrifice during this period of Layya.

Here are the six animals allowed for sacrifice in Islam, according to the reward they attract when used as Layya sacrifice.

Ram – Sacrifice with Ram attract highest reward. It Is recommended that one should use Ram for the sacrifice provided he can afford it.

Sheep – If you cannot afford the ram, Sheep is next to Ram in reward.

He-Goat – The He-Goat is next in the hierarchy of rewards. It attracts reward a little lower than the Sheep. A recent market survey suggests that in Nigeria, a cheap goat that can make a sacrifice goes for between N7,000 and N10,000 which relatively is affordable compared to Rams that sell for as high as N100,000 each.

She-Goat – If you cannot afford the He-Goat, the She-Goat is next.

Cow – the Cow is next in the hierarchy of reward after She-Goat even though it is bigger and more expensive than the Ram, Sheep and Goats. It is lawful for seven people to join funds to acquire one Cow for sacrifice. The will be rewarded as well.

Camel – If you are in Hajj, the sacrifice with Camel attracts more reward followed by the Cow then the Ram. For those not performing Hajj, a Camel sacrifice receive the lowest of reward in terms of Layya. Mind you, the Camel is the most expensive of all the animals allowed for sacrifice.

Islam recommends all the animals above for sacrifice. Anyone you are able to buy and slaughter for sacrifice, you will be adequately rewarded.

“you can go for a cheaper and recommended animals like the sheep, He goat, she goat which are relatively cheaper than the Ram,” Sheikh Mohammed Bello Lawal, the Imam of Barnawa Central Mosque, Kaduna, told PREMIUM TIMES.
Other cheaper ways

Sacrifice is an act of worship (‘ibadah). As we have the times of prayers so we also have time for making a sacrifice during `Eid Al-Kabir. The time of Layya sacrifice runs until sunset on the 12th day Dhul-Hijjah.That is the sunset of the third day after Sallah.
Within this three days window, the price of all the animals for sacrifice must have drastically dropped, due to decrease in demand. So if you are unable to buy any of the animals during the rush hour, do not panic, take advantage of the long window of sacrifice.

“Also to mention, the sacrifice is not mandatory for one who cannot afford any of the above.” Sheikh Mohammad Bello Lawal said.

Go, be happy, everybody can enjoy the Eid with a sacrifice.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146337-five-alternatives-ram-sallah.html

11 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by esshman(m): 12:11am On Oct 15, 2013
hmmm* people don enter gbese for my area o. in the name of sallah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Mubby4luv(m): 12:11am On Oct 15, 2013
Masha Allah... May Every sacrifice be accepted on this day and rewarded accordinly. May Peace and blessings of Allah be upon Abraham (A.s)

7 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by oshosjf(m): 12:12am On Oct 15, 2013
3rd to comment.
Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by obami007(m): 12:17am On Oct 15, 2013
;DAbeg hw much be camel?na dat 1 I wan buy

1 Like

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 15, 2013
Am a veg

2 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by captainobvious: 12:18am On Oct 15, 2013
May Allah accept our acts of ibadah (ameen)wink

2 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by maleversion(m): 12:18am On Oct 15, 2013
Well,unlike where I stay,some of the islamic followers opted for chickens......e dey red grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Afam4eva(m): 12:19am On Oct 15, 2013
This Sallah go sweet i swear. I will chop meat till my teeth drops.

1 Like

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 15, 2013
Please whr can i get fried fish tommorowHope fried fish is acceptable

3 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by fapcrook(m): 12:21am On Oct 15, 2013
captain_obvious: May Allah accept our acts of ibadah (ameen)wink
ameen yah Allah... And may Allah allow us celebrate more years of eid ul adha

4 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by adeyemi91(m): 12:28am On Oct 15, 2013
Wot if dem steal am b4 ileya com...wetin son of man go do. Lyk persn wey buy 90k Ram
Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Sermwell(m): 12:35am On Oct 15, 2013
K
Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by richtrump(m): 12:37am On Oct 15, 2013
What about Chicken, Turkey& Duck undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Laslim(m): 12:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Sumbody help o. D ram i bought fr #50,000 jst ascape frm d park nw.wink barka de sallah to u my brodas n sistas in islam.

1 Like

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by richtrump(m): 12:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Big4wig: Pls help me out,
where can I get london used ram for sallah?
Go to Alaba Int Market or Computer Village.

1 Like

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by esshman(m): 12:40am On Oct 15, 2013

computer village

1 Like

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 15, 2013
Abeg, what of KPOMO tó ká bí tyre?

1 Like

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:45am On Oct 15, 2013
esshman: When will I eva be first to comment.

Oh I'm first!

Today's date must enter diary!
stop to dey use chinko phone tongue.and you are 5th
Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by brosdoncome(m): 12:45am On Oct 15, 2013

This is london used ram

1 Like

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:47am On Oct 15, 2013
Laslim: Sumbody help o. D ram i bought fr #50,000 jst ascape frm d park nw.wink barka de sallah to u my brodas n sistas in islam.
are you real
Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:48am On Oct 15, 2013
go to ram village@ramo
Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by Djtm(m): 12:50am On Oct 15, 2013
Omg! You mean allah will reward me for killing an animal I'm gonna eat with my family? Allah is wonderful!

5 Likes

Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:50am On Oct 15, 2013
iyke926: Am a veg
you,cos you quote.
Re: Five Alternatives To Ram In Sallah by jhydebaba(m): 12:51am On Oct 15, 2013
Any meat na meat, abeg just give me details. I must chop meat tomorrow; be it snake, lizard, antelope, you name it cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Wash A Dead Muslim / What Is The Actual Date Of Prophet Muhammad's Birth And Death? / Is It Permissible For A Woman To Wear A Makeup When Her Suitor Comes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.