Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

How To Wash A Dead Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Wash A Dead Muslim (17579 Views)

Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim / Do Muslim Women Wash Their Organ After Urinating Like Their Male Counterparts / Is It Essential To Wash Away Dirt Under The Nails When Doing Ablution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Wash A Dead Muslim by MuslimHowto: 9:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Washing the dead is an important aspect of Islam. It’s obligatory for Muslims to wash their dead before putting them in the grave . Below are what needs to be done to wash a dead Muslim.

1. Close The Eyes of the Dead

When death is confirmed, the eyes of the dead should be closed and jaws should be tied shut.

2. The Awrah Should Be Covered

While washing the body, the ‘ Awrah should be covered, body should be slightly raised and stomach is lightly pressed to get the waste out of it. Then the person who washes, wraps his/her hands with a wash cloth or the like, to clean the expelled remains from the dead’s stomach.
Then the washer should wash the dead as in Wudhu (ablution) for the Salaat (obligatory prayer).

The head and beard is washed with water and Sidr (Lote tree leaves) or soap, and the right side of the body is washed before the left side. The body can be re-washed three times, with the last one requiring plain water.

Each time the stomach should be pressed. If there is any excretion, it should be washed and the anus should be covered with cotton or the like. If it does not work then use plain earth or any medical material such as plaster, then wash the dead again as in Wudhu.

If the washer feels that three washes are not enough to clean the body properly, then he can wash five or seven times.

The body should be dried with a clean cloth and some perfume should be applied to the hidden parts of the body and the sujood parts.

It would be better to apply wood perfume (‘oud) to the entire body of the dead and to the coffin.
The washer can clip the fingernails, and trim the mustache of the dead, but should not comb the hair. If the dead is a female, then her hair can be groomed in three plaits and placed behind the back.

3. Shroud the body of the dead (Kafn.)

It is better to shroud the dead man’s body in three white pieces of cloth without using a shirt or turban. The three pieces should be rolled up together. It doesn’t matter if the dead body is shrouded in a shirt, waist-sheet or a wrap.

The woman is shrouded in five pieces of cloth; a loose piece of cloth (dir), a veil, a waist-sheet and two wraps. The body is shrouded in one to three pieces of cloth. A young female is shrouded in a shirt and two wraps.

4. Close Relations are Entitled to Wash the Dead

People who are more entitled to wash the dead man and pray for him and bury him are his male guardians e.g. father, the closest kin and so forth. Similarly female guardians are more entitled to wash a dead female i.e. the mother, grandmother, closest female relatives, etc.,
The husband or wife can wash the dead spouse, in the same way that the dead body of Abu Bakr
(r.a.) was washed by his wife. Ali (r.a.) on the other hand, washed the body of his wife Fatima
(r.a.) on her death.

SOURCE: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2020/03/how-to-wash-dead-muslim.html

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Kherdija(f): 9:16am On Jun 12, 2020
Jazakallahu bikhairan may Allah grant us a death with shahadah on our tongue,lighten us for the question of grave,make us and our family to reunite in jannah.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by managermahmud: 9:53am On Jun 12, 2020
Kherdija:
Jazakallahu bikhairan may Allah grant us a death with shahadah on our tongue,lighten us for the question of grave,make us and our family to reunite in jannah.
Ameen thumma ameen. Jumma'at Kareem Habeebty.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by AbuAeesha: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2020
jazakumullahu khairan, may Allah Grant us success

13 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Kherdija(f): 10:38am On Jun 12, 2020
managermahmud:

Ameen thumma ameen. Jumma'at Kareem Habeebty.

Same to u smiley

6 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by AbuAeesha: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2020
jazakumullahu khairan, may Allah Grant us success

10 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by AbuAeesha: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2020
jazakumullahu khairan, may Allah Grant us success.

11 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by managermahmud: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2020
Kherdija:

Same to u smiley
Kindly reply your mail Habeebty. Wanna show you something wink
Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Kherdija(f): 11:51am On Jun 12, 2020
managermahmud:

Kindly reply your mail Habeebty. Wanna show you something wink

Sorry i don't reply mails

1 Like

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by managermahmud: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kherdija:

Sorry i don't reply mails
Suggest an alternative way to show you what I've got for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Kherdija(f): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
managermahmud:

What ever it may be i think u can show it here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by hiqlazundies(m): 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
Jazakallah kayran

4 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by managermahmud: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
Kherdija:

What ever it may be i think u can show it here.
How do I attach documents on nl? angry
Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Kherdija(f): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
managermahmud:

How do I attach documents on nl? angry

Ohk so how am i releated to d doc Screenshot it lemme see.

2 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by hisexcellency34: 9:25am On Jun 19, 2020
Muslim burial remains the best for me once the person is certified dead

5 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Jun 19, 2020
lipsrsealed

We ask Allah to grant us good in this world and in the afterlife!

9 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:32am On Jun 19, 2020
Which Kain thing be this I tell una all of us for Nairaland na mortuary attendants we done see dead body tire now na second semester how to wash dead body learn well oh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by paperboi147: 9:33am On Jun 19, 2020
Jazakallahu Khairan

1 Like

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by advocatejare(m): 9:34am On Jun 19, 2020
MuslimHowto:
Washing the dead is an important aspect of Islam. It’s obligatory for Muslims to wash their dead before putting them in the grave . Below are what needs to be done to wash a dead Muslim.

1. Close The Eyes of the Dead

When death is confirmed, the eyes of the dead should be closed and jaws should be tied shut.

2. The Awrah Should Be Covered

While washing the body, the ‘ Awrah should be covered, body should be slightly raised and stomach is lightly pressed to get the waste out of it. Then the person who washes, wraps his/her hands with a wash cloth or the like, to clean the expelled remains from the dead’s stomach.
Then the washer should wash the dead as in Wudhu (ablution) for the Salaat (obligatory prayer).

The head and beard is washed with water and Sidr (Lote tree leaves) or soap, and the right side of the body is washed before the left side. The body can be re-washed three times, with the last one requiring plain water.

Each time the stomach should be pressed. If there is any excretion, it should be washed and the anus should be covered with cotton or the like. If it does not work then use plain earth or any medical material such as plaster, then wash the dead again as in Wudhu.

If the washer feels that three washes are not enough to clean the body properly, then he can wash five or seven times.

The body should be dried with a clean cloth and some perfume should be applied to the hidden parts of the body and the sujood parts.

It would be better to apply wood perfume (‘oud) to the entire body of the dead and to the coffin.
The washer can clip the fingernails, and trim the mustache of the dead, but should not comb the hair. If the dead is a female, then her hair can be groomed in three plaits and placed behind the back.

3. Shroud the body of the dead (Kafn.)

It is better to shroud the dead man’s body in three white pieces of cloth without using a shirt or turban. The three pieces should be rolled up together. It doesn’t matter if the dead body is shrouded in a shirt, waist-sheet or a wrap.

The woman is shrouded in five pieces of cloth; a loose piece of cloth (dir), a veil, a waist-sheet and two wraps. The body is shrouded in one to three pieces of cloth. A young female is shrouded in a shirt and two wraps.

4. Close Relations are Entitled to Wash the Dead

People who are more entitled to wash the dead man and pray for him and bury him are his male guardians e.g. father, the closest kin and so forth. Similarly female guardians are more entitled to wash a dead female i.e. the mother, grandmother, closest female relatives, etc.,
The husband or wife can wash the dead spouse, in the same way that the dead body of Abu Bakr
(r.a.) was washed by his wife. Ali (r.a.) on the other hand, washed the body of his wife Fatima
(r.a.) on her death.

SOURCE: https://www.muslimhowto.com/2020/03/how-to-wash-dead-muslim.html

Prophet Muhammad was the best of mankind. Why not tell us how his corpse was washed so that we can emulate that

2 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 19, 2020
Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by elhafeez(m): 9:34am On Jun 19, 2020
May Allah reward the OP abundantly. I pray we all die as mumin and wake up as Mumin on the day of Judgement.

4 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 19, 2020
managermahmud:

Wetin u want show am?
I'm suspecting you...

Don't be a fool!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Kingluqman(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2020
A good lesson.. thanks so much.

3 Likes

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by hahn(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2020
With hypo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by Abuskid: 9:37am On Jun 19, 2020
Jazaakallahu khairan wabarikna wa antum fihazal amal.keep it up!
Re: How To Wash A Dead Muslim by PrinzEleju: 9:43am On Jun 19, 2020
Alhamdulillah, it was a good one. But my question is this?
While washing the head up to beard 3 times, does it include neck before we proceed to divide body into two?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tallest Man Ever Performed Hajj (pics) / What Is The Actual Date Of Prophet Muhammad's Birth And Death? / The Non Muslims Ask Who Created Allaah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.