Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? (966 Views)

This Is How You Eat When You Pay 50k For Aso Ebi[funny Photo] / When It Comes To Food(fun Time) / Antidote To Food Poison : A Must Read For All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by victor08(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hello beautiful ladies, women, mothers, guys and men in the house.

All protocols observed!

I actually travel a lot. I am in my early thirties and can probably boost of having visited 17 states in Nigeria out of 36 states. I hope to cover more if my job will permit me. I have also been privileged to live amongst the hausas,yourbas, Ibos(my tribe), Benin and Idoma's. As a young boy I spent a lot of time helping out my mum in the kitchen when all my siblings left for boarding school in the early 90s. This made me saw how she prepared food for my Dad. Honestly I LEARN'T alot from her. Lol! Thanks to her although, I love her.

However,I discovered one particular thing from the environment I found myself that some of the families that I saw in this geographical regions don't pay enough attention to the food they prepare for their families.I mean; since we are what we eat and can die of food contamination or even poison. I once visited a family and the way the wife left the meat in a dirty basin with thousands of flies perching on the meat outside and this made me not to even drink the bottle of malt they offered me let alone eat there.
Though I did my best to enlighten some of the women the best i can if the opportunity permits me; I noticed that some of the reasons where based on:

1. Mindset
2.Environmental and cultural lifestyle
3.Poverty
4. Lack of proper home management skills
5. Lack of good nutrition literacy
6. Busy and dirty lifestyle
7.Improper upbringing etc.

So my question:do you pay attention to the food you eat, how it was prepared, cooked and served or you just prefer your plate to be filled up(Quantity)?

Share your views here:

Have a nice day and God bless as we eat healthier and live well.

Re: Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by Amoshie(m): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
When buying food here in nig it varies the rich are conscious of the nutritional values n mayb d sanity of the environs where d food is been prepared coming down to d lower class most dont actually care about d nutritional value they rather care much about how the food is bn prepared n d environs but d bottom class almost all of dem with d exception of d educated peeps go for d quantity.
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by degurl(f): 3:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Both nutrition, quality and quantity.
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by victor08(m): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
That is good.
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by victor08(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen I want you all to drop your opinions here-Lets promote healthy eating...
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by eigmaticme: 1:14am On Oct 05, 2014
Amoshie:
When buying food here in nig it varies the rich are conscious of the nutritional values n mayb d sanity of the environs where d food is been prepared coming down to d lower class most dont actually care about d nutritional value they rather care much about how the food is bn prepared n d environs but d bottom class almost all of dem with d exception of d educated peeps go for d quantity.

With all due respect please try to punctuate,it will make all other blunders look small
Thank you Sir
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by mamachops(f): 5:31am On Oct 05, 2014
food should be taken in the right proportion...taking into consideration, quality and calorific value as required by the individual. not rulling out hygeine and other factors like purpose of the meal.
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen What Do You Pay Attention To:(food Nutrition Or Quantity)??? by Krasid(m): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2014
I don't really eat much.So for me, it will be nutrition/quality.

(1) (Reply)

Is Orgin Really Bad? / This Dish Called Keshi And Takes 2hrs 30mins... / What Will U Call This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.