Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

GTBank Customer Humiliation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Customer Humiliation (21000 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. / Shoddy Gtbank Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank Customer Humiliation by Benard94(m): 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
I was at the GT Bank today (OAU, ILE-IFE branch) to deposit a sum of money. I went with a private bike to the bank. It has been continually emphasized that public bikes are not allowed at the bank’s car park (although no symbolic indication there). On this day, I was about parking this bike of mine on the slab as I use to do. Apart, I met another bike on this same slab and I have once being told by a security man that private bikes are allowed on the slab. One of the bank security men approached with harsh and commanding tone, “get out! Don’t park there! Leave there now!” Being in a hurry to deposit the money as my friend is waiting to cash it in Lagos; I didn’t utter a word, parked and entered the bank for the transaction. On coming out of the bank, I discovered this particular GT bank security man has contacted the school security (OAU) to take away the bike on the ground of arguing with him.
After discovering this, I went back to the bank to report the case to the branch manager. He asked me to wait and kept calling the security man to come in for about two times. When I discovered this man didn’t regard the manager, I told the manager I don’t have all day. He replied “don’t you see I have called him to come? If you can’t wait, go and meet him yourself or do what you like”. I was highly bewildered; the manager has no grip over his security man. This bike was confiscated and I have to trek some km back to my house today. This is a bank with which I have accounts in naira and hard currencies. What should I do? PLS ADVICE
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Davico(m): 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
Am happy u have an acct with the Bank, Go back to the Bank after the holiday break and let the manager knw that u will be closing ur acct with them and also contact the Head Office in Lagos to let them knw why ur closing ur acct and indicate to them abt the managers unrude behaviour towards u...Dnt make it look like a threat, just let him knw how displeased u are towards his input in the matter. Am sure he will not want such to happen.

30 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Dygeasy(m): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Eh! Your Case Get As E Be O.

Check Well, Them Send The Security Guard Follow You Ni. Trust Me, Go And Beg Whoever You Have Offended.

Private Bike Still Cracks Me Up Tho. Packaging Things... cheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Benard94(m): 12:07am On Oct 15, 2013
sunnydayasaba: Am happy u have an acct with the Bank, Go back to the Bank after the holiday break and let the manager knw that u will be closing ur acct with them and also contact the Head Office in Lagos to let them knw why ur closing ur acct and indicate to them abt the managers unrude behaviour towards u...Dnt make it look like a threat, just let him knw how displeased u are towards his input in the matter. Am sure he will not want such to happen.
thanks
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Benard94(m): 6:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Hmmm
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Damojo: 6:28am On Oct 15, 2013
tongue Next time, subscribe 4 mobile and online banking. Okada man!

6 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Davico(m): 6:47am On Oct 15, 2013
Benard94: I was at the GT Bank today (OAU, ILE-IFE branch) to deposit a sum of money. I went with a private bike to the bank. It has been continually emphasized that public bikes are not allowed at the bank’s car park (although no symbolic indication there). On this day, I was about parking this bike of mine on the slab as I use to do. Apart, I met another bike on this same slab and I have once being told by a security man that private bikes are allowed on the slab. One of the bank security men approached with harsh and commanding tone, “get out! Don’t park there! Leave there now!” Being in a hurry to deposit the money as my friend is waiting to cash it in Lagos; I didn’t utter a word, parked and entered the bank for the transaction. On coming out of the bank, I discovered this particular GT bank security man has contacted the school security (OAU) to take away the bike on the ground of arguing with him.
After discovering this, I went back to the bank to report the case to the branch manager. He asked me to wait and kept calling the security man to come in for about two times. When I discovered this man didn’t regard the manager, I told the manager I don’t have all day. He replied “don’t you see I have called him to come? If you can’t wait, go and meet him yourself or do what you like”. I was highly bewildered; the manager has no grip over his security man. This bike was confiscated and I have to trek some km back to my house today. This is a bank with which I have accounts in naira and hard currencies. What should I do? PLS ADVICE
Their customer relationship has been tagged poor because they have many customers

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Nutase: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2013
My problem with Nigerians is that they cannot obey simple instructions. If the bank say they don't want bikes within the premises probaably for security reasons why don't you just obey them. You are probably a very proud and pompous person who thinks the security man is too small to talk to u. I bank with them too and in the north where I am based they allow bikes park at a certain spot not to close to d bank. I have seen lots of customers loose their hard earned money to "private bike" owners like you who snatch things from peoples hands and zoom off and I'm sure that's why they don't allow them park to close to d bank.
Go and check yourself before you start trying to make someone loose his job for your arrogant attitude.

52 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Benard94(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2013
Nutase: My problem with Nigerians is that they cannot obey simple instructions. If the bank say they don't want banks within the premises probaably for security reasons why don't you just obey them. You are probably a very proud and pompous person who thinks the security man is too small to talk to u. I bank with them too and in the north where I am based they allow bikes park at a certain spot not to close to d bank. I have seen lots of customers loose their hard earned money to "private bike" owners like you who snatch things from peoples hands and zoom off and I'm sure that's why they don't allow them park to close to d bank.
Go and check yourself before you start trying to make someone loose his job for your arrogant attitude.
Am sure u r one of there workers

5 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by dani1luv: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Buy another okada

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Kslib(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
The title of this thread reads "GTB Customer Humiliation".. I think it needs modification.

The right title should be "Stubborn Nigerian Disgraced For Disregarding Instructions".. You knew what you were doing was against the laid down rules of the banking premises but still went ahead to violate it. Now you are here crying like a widow and looking for sympathy.

Better start to dey gather money to bail your okada which might amount to half of the buying price..
All izz well!

11 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by royale442(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nutase: My problem with Nigerians is that they cannot obey simple instructions. If the bank say they don't want bikes within the premises probaably for security reasons why don't you just obey them. You are probably a very proud and pompous person who thinks the security man is too small to talk to u. I bank with them too and in the north where I am based they allow bikes park at a certain spot not to close to d bank. I have seen lots of customers loose their hard earned money to "private bike" owners like you who snatch things from peoples hands and zoom off and I'm sure that's why they don't allow them park to close to d bank.
kindly re-read the story.

8 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by otijah(m): 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nutase: My problem with Nigerians is that they cannot obey simple instructions. If the bank say they don't want bikes within the premises probaably for security reasons why don't you just obey them. You are probably a very proud and pompous person who thinks the security man is too small to talk to u. I bank with them too and in the north where I am based they allow bikes park at a certain spot not to close to d bank. I have seen lots of customers loose their hard earned money to "private bike" owners like you who snatch things from peoples hands and zoom off and I'm sure that's why they don't allow them park to close to d bank.
who be this one kwanu, so because he was in hurry to listen to your impotent GTbank has turned him into a rubber snatching peoples bag abi? I don't blame u, I blame the mods for allowing u into NL

4 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Skipfr(m): 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
you dnt have any case. U disobeyed a simple security instruction and u are nw lookng 4 sm1 to put d blame on. I nr blame uan 4 ds country una c security men finish. U 4got dat s hs job n nt urs. I repeat jst a simple instruction u couldnt obey.

9 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by kunlesehan(m): 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
online banking beckons in this supposedly cashless society of ours.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
To be honest GT bank's customer service is very poor as of recently.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by moneybag100: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
Dygeasy: Eh! Your Case Get As E Be O.

Check Well, Them Send The Security Guard Follow You Ni. Trust Me, Go And Beg Whoever You Have Offended.

Boy get some brain in that head of yours..you wrote gibberish!!

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Seun(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
He had every right to park at that spot. It was his normal parking spot. The new security guard was ignorant of this and he was rude to the customer, which is why the customer ignored him. His decision to have the bike towed without consultation was a form of power tripping, and quite stupid, really. How did that action help the bank? He should have been reprimanded.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by ebamma(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
please can i cry here?
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by DisGuy: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
emr but the manager tried na

since the urgent transaction you came for was complete, waiting for 2minutes to resolve the issue with the security wasnt too much

5 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by otijah(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Davico: .
u just booked a space that u hav nothing to type in, GREEDY man

4 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hmm, if any senior official of the bank happen to come across this, the manager is in hot pepper soup! grin

I school in OAU, and I use gtb. There guards are always well behaved - those I know, especially one friendly huge man like that. But I can't say the same about the bankers themselves esp those at the customer care, they always look at students like who are these small children, I don't blame them - majority of OAU students bank with them.

I like the ones at the counter esp one guy like that.

6 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Cheatnotagain: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
I pray someone doesn't get sacked as a result of this post... Banks don't joke with image issues on social media...

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by moneybag100: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
Dygeasy: Eh! Your Case Get As E Be O.

Boy calm down and re read what you wrote? Does it make any sense to you? Oya modify it now before you get more insults.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by gerrardomendes(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
sacrifice a ram and leave the battle to allah grin

4 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Leyqute(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
Biko somebody tell me, whats the use of a parking lot if not to park parkables?
And doz less than average workers in OAU are fond of addressing one rudely, as if you're to blame for their useless existence. mx
op; make dem pay abegi.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Thebrightest(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
Just passing by...
__/""""|""""\_____
|__/@\____/@\___|%
If you have packed a car, u wont have faced such harrasement.
Anyways, the beautiful CAR above is for sales ooo!.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by ifyalways(f): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
Quite hard to believe the story happened exactly as you claim, but anything can happen in this country of ours.

You could have just replied the guard,a simple "Oga abeg,i dey come out now now" would have covered you,as opposed to ignoring him totally. You felt you could walk over him because he is a common gate man,see where it has landed you. Calmly go there on Monday and reason with the gate man,forget all your gra gra till you get back your bike at least. He contacted the guys that towed your bike(he'll get share from the transaction after you pay) so he can also contact them for easy retrieval.

Remember : Cars/bike are parked at owners risk. angry

9 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
ifyalways: Quite hard to believe the story happened exactly as you claim, but anything can happen in this country of ours.

You could have just replied the guard,a simple "Oga abeg,i dey come out now now" would have covered you,as opposed to ignoring him totally. You felt you could walk over him because he is a common gate man,see where it has landed you. Calmly go there on Monday and reason with the gate man,forget all your gra gra till you get back your bike at least. He contacted the guys that towed your bike(he'll get share from the transaction after you pay) so he can also contact them for easy retrieval.

Remember : Cars/bike are parked at owners risk. angry
I agree;
"Oga abeg,i dey come out now now"
would have prevented the Situation deteriorating to the Extent it did.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
If you know you are wrong, go and face the penalty as a man. If you are sure you were wronged, go to the police and have it squared away. No hard feelings.
Re: GTBank Customer Humiliation by infoscope(m): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nairalanders dont get to understand a post very well before making unnecessary comments

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fairmoney Becomes A Fully Digital Bank / How To Become A Registered Distributor Of Indomie Noodles / Naira Appreciates From 1310/$ To 1300/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.