Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away (796 Views)

Do You Think Nemesis Got Up With Olusegun Agagu? / Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) / Man Hit By Train And Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by infonubia(m): 12:30am On Oct 15, 2013
25-year old Kristopher Wenberg was walking along the railroad tracks when he was hit by a train in Shawnee County. The county sheriff, Herman Jones, stated in a statement to the Associated Press that the "BNSF conductor slowed down the train and blew the horn when he saw Wenberg on the tracks in Topeka;" however, the young man didn't hear the train approach him because he was wearing his headphones. Oh, the joy of technology!

Luckily, Wenberg was not severely injured. Witnesses noted that the man 'promptly got back up and called someone on his cellphone as he walked away.' Wenberg was treated at a nearby hospital in Topeka, Kansas for lacerations (cuts) on his legs and shoulder.

As if getting hit by the train wasn't enough, the county intend to cite Wenberg for criminal trespass. Apparently, it's against the law to walk on train tracks. I guess it's for the safety of citizens because many people may not be as lucky as Wenberg. Nevertheless, I think they should have let this one slide - perhaps give him a warning. After all, he was the victim.

What do you think?

SOURCE
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 15, 2013
The law is law, he has to be charged to court, where justice will be tempered with mercy.
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by enohbong: 1:02am On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by jkendy(m): 1:04am On Oct 15, 2013
He wasn't "hit" by the train, probably "brushed".
If d train HIT him, who's he to "walk away" and "make phone calls" thereafter?
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by infonubia(m): 1:22am On Oct 15, 2013
Billyonaire: The law is law, he has to be charged to court, where justice will be tempered with mercy.
You are right...it is what it is. He's better off facing charges than dead though.
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by ALVA001: 1:34am On Oct 15, 2013
Na wah o, why are mt d only one seeing this, African juju has definitely gone beyond African shores, caused u know wat, all i can see ere is 'MADE IN AFRICA' period.
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by ALVA001: 1:36am On Oct 15, 2013
Na wah o, why are my d only one seeing this, African juju has definitely gone beyond African shores, cause u know wat, all i can see ere is 'MADE IN AFRICA' period.
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by kolamilan(m): 1:46am On Oct 15, 2013
hit by a train or by an okada ?
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by infonubia(m): 1:53am On Oct 15, 2013
kolamilan: hit by a train or by an okada ?
grin grin grin
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Mtoluwase(m): 1:54am On Oct 15, 2013
i smell lies
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 15, 2013
Mtoluwase: i smell lies
END Time Lies joor
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by baybiemee: 3:01am On Oct 15, 2013
The train no hit am well...
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by infonubia(m): 3:18am On Oct 15, 2013
baybiemee: The train no hit am well...
He was lucky the train almost halted at the time he got hit.
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 15, 2013
He should be charged. There's no excuse for walking on train tracks (1) and with your headphones on (2).
Charging him would serve as a precedent for other people thinking they can be so negligent.
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by infonubia(m): 4:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Yield: He should be charged. There's no excuse for walking on train tracks (1) and with your headphones on (2).
Charging him would serve as a precedent for other people thinking they can be so negligent.
Spot on!
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by MMotimo: 5:28am On Oct 15, 2013
God be praised
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 15, 2013
[/quote]
ALVA 001: Na wah o, why are my d only one seeing this, African juju has definitely gone beyond African shores, cause u know wat, all i can see ere is 'MADE IN AFRICA' period.
U no go sch ni
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Emmyk(m): 6:33am On Oct 15, 2013
I was imagining the picture on my head, while reading the news, only to finish it and couldnt find a picture... sad ;(
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 15, 2013
PICTURES OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN!
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Tuntheycr7: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2013
Got hit by d train and walks away as if train na keke Napep.
Those Oyinbo can lie....
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2013
My turn:

OP bro, if you can't post the actual picture, next time, you should try posting pictures of näkêd women so that my vaseline can be used for the first time in 3 days! angry angry
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by infonubia(m): 11:45am On Oct 15, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Got hit by d train and walks away as if train na keke Napep.
Those Oyinbo can lie....
Well, Google is ur friend. You can find out about the county
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Space booked, no trespassing, no hawking, no waiting, keep going. Order police
Re: Man Hit By Train, Got Up And Walked Away by homesteady(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
Train jam the guy? shocked

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Moderators Plz Stop The Gbagaun Style / Prayer For All I'm Karid(kegite's) For Dec, 2013 / Benue State Polytechnic Post Utme 2014 Date Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.