Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) (26569 Views)

Electric Pole Falls On Keke Napep In Ikeja Area, Lagos(photo) / Man Sitting On Nothing Seen In Ikeja (Shocking Photo) / This Man Got Knocked-down By A Moving Train In Lagos (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
A train ran into a Peugeot J5 bus at the "Ikeja Along" bus stop Wednesday morning, an eyewitness has confirmed.

According to the witness, the driver of the bus, in a hurry to cross the rail tracks had ignored the oncoming train which was horning. The bus got stuck on the tracks and the train collided with it.

Two occupants of the vehicle, and the driver were fatally injured.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/train-crushes-bus-lagos

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Revolva(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hey I beg o make fashola finish the lagos badagry train route oo let's all dese locomotive train go to park -

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Jayloy: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hope he got to where he was rushing to early enough.
Lagosians and haste.

8 Likes

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by miteolu(m): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Serious lesson to tell their coming generation.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Whatever happened to ''better late than late''?
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by ismhab(m): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
may be the driver is drunk.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by ifihearam: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
fresh_dude: Whatever happened to ''better late than late''?

Ask me oo
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by gramci: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
You don't 4k with a moving train.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Fashola he dey working ooo
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
Some bust drivers and okada riders deserve death as a punishment for being stubborn and stup1d. many of them see the impeding danger but choose to be smart. It's the passengers that are at the mercy of the whims and caprices of this drivers that i pity.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
"no hurry in life"

Nigerians too dey hurry!

Always forming busy- busy and hurry-hurry!

3 Likes

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Pukkah: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Some people just like to be in a hurry for nothing even at the risk of their lives. Last month at Agege Level crossing in Lagos, an 'okada' rider ignored the blaring horn of an oncoming train and was crushed. One of the commuters standing illegally on the roof of the train craned his neck in order to get a better view of the crushed 'okada' man. The illegal commuter lost his balance and fell off the train roof. He died instantly.

The recklessness of motorists in this part is something else. And this is why I don't think the Lagos State Traffic Law is draconian. The people themselves are more 'draconian'.

4 Likes

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by chatterly: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
shouldn't there be a functional railway crossing at that point or at least a railway official with a flag alerting pple of an approaching train like we had in the 70s and 80s?? a friend of mine almost got killed @ that point 8 years ago,there was no indication that a train was coming and he just looked to his right and saw a train approaching him,luckily he was not hurt but his car was written off.

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by anicho(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
Oh God!! Can u believe i was at oshodi when this train passed, & i was like this train is running faster than usual, not knowing it would end up colliding with a vehicle. Thank God no one is dead.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Freiburger(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
Revolva: Hey I beg o make fashola finish the lagos badagry train route oo let's all dese locomotive train go to park -
This is not a locomotive thing, disaster can happen with anything or anywhere, even with the awaited modern ones, one just need to be careful.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by uju22(f): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
yes is true, i saw the accident dis morning on my way to d office.
the flag was up, but trust nigeria drivers now, he want to put his head fast and dat was d result.
anyway wishing the driver and others quick recovery.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by princemmab(m): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hope no casualty
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by collins123(m): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
@OP. Ashawo no be work, na hustle.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
AmBeautiful: "no hurry in life"

Lagosians Nigerians too dey hurry!

Always forming busy- busy and hurry-hurry!

SECONDED.!!
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
Him won do sharp man as usual.

Abegi...Laff won kill me, e com be like say na trap!

Make them thank baba God dey no die!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Onyenna(m): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
...What a wonderful lesson.....I'm happy no one died from the accident....

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by xp17(m): 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Maybe he was rushing 2d hospital, and he finally got there without stress

3 Likes

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by IJILEOduaMan: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Pukkah: Some people just like to be in a hurry for nothing even at the risk of their lives. Last month at Agege Level crossing in Lagos, an 'okada' rider ignored the blaring horn of an oncoming train and was crushed. One of the commuters standing illegally on the roof of the train craned his neck in order to get a better view of the crushed 'okada' man. The illegal commuter lost his balance and fell off the train roof. He died instantly.

The recklessness of motorists in this part is something else. And this is why I don't think the Lagos State Traffic Law is draconian. The people themselves are more 'draconian'.

Everything just dey draco-shit 4 ur own side sha! We don  u say u dey watch TV gan grin
Pukkah: Some people just like to be in a hurry for nothing even at the risk of their lives. Last month at Agege Level crossing in Lagos, an 'okada' rider ignored the blaring horn of an oncoming train and was crushed. One of the commuters standing illegally on the roof of the train craned his neck in order to get a better view of the crushed 'okada' man. The illegal commuter lost his balance and fell off the train roof. He died instantly.

Everything just dey draco-shit 4 ur own side sha! We don  u say u dey watch TV gan
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
I am happy the driver died...

I am sad the passenger had to be collateral damage in the punishment of the gods on the foolishness of the driver...

Good Riddance to bad rubbish... NEXT!!!!

angry

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Afam4eva(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^ Nobody died oo
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by badesco(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Promhize:

The driver for 1st degree murder and sentenced to death by hanging with no option appeal.
He must have been drunk or in hurry as usual to hussle for passengers. He should thank his God that he only sustain an injury.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by email1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
After so many years of living without it, we are now learning to live with it. Why on earth will technology be faster than some people?

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: ^^ Nobody died oo

The OP said the Driver and two passengers were FATALLY wounded...
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Pukkah: 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
IJILE O'dua Man:
Everything just dey draco-shit 4 ur own side sha! We don  u say u dey watch TV gan grin Everything just dey draco-shit 4 ur own side sha! We don  u say u dey watch TV gan

Who is talking about watching TV?
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by avicky(f): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju: I am happy the driver died...

I am sad the passenger had to be collateral damage in the punishment of the gods on the foolishness of the driver...

Good Riddance to bad rubbish... NEXT!!!!

angry
Re-read d topic. D driver didn't die.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by dammytosh: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2012

You can't blame the driver. I was on a rail one day and this train approached without horn or light. The train went behind me immediately after i crossed to the other side in the car.it was a very close one.

Nigeria is a place where nonsense happens. Where in the world will motorists not be stopped before any approaching train pass a motorable rail.

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Pukkah: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
dammytosh:
You can't blame the driver. I was on a rail one day and this train approached without horn or light. The train went behind me immediately after i crossed to the other side in the car.it was a very close one.

Nigeria is a place where nonsense happens. Where in the world will motorists not be stopped before any approaching train pass a motorable rail.

Are you basing your judgement on the report here or some other one? In this instance, it was reported that the train was horning:

Promhize:
According to the witness, the driver of the bus, in a hurry to cross the rail tracks had ignored the oncoming train which was horning. The bus got stuck on the tracks and the train collided with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sleep Position Can Determine Your Personality. / Nairaland Ranked Africa's Largest Forum. / What Is The Dumbest/craziest Thing You've Done Absent Minded?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.