Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,974 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Would You Go To To This Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Go To To This Wedding? (1866 Views)

Check Out This Wedding Cake / What Is Your Take On This Wedding: CONFUSION OR REGRETS? / Should I Allow This Wedding To Hold? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 15, 2013
I knew this lady when we were JJCs in a particular city and she is at best an acquaintance
Haven't seen her in years
I heard from a friend that her child was getting married
We met at an event and she was sharing out the asho ebi wrappers,headtie and lace and during the refreshments she came to me with two sets of asho ebi of different colors and asked me to pick one.
She took me by surprise and in the awkwardness I couldn't decline and picked one
I asked how much it was ,I reached in and gave her the amount.
As I drove home I felt I had acted foolishly by buying asho ebi to a wedding I was not invited to formally with an invitation card.

I mentioned this to friend who called the lady and she apologized ,claiming she forgot to give me a card and eventually sent one over.

I sincerely believe I was given the asho ebi because she had extra or people she banked on disappointed her and she needed to recoup her money . she most certainly had no idea she was going to meet me at the event where she handed me the stuff.

If you were me will you go to this wedding?
I am tempted not to go

BTW I have spent the same amount I bought the asho ebi to get it sewn undecided
Am I being a.nal?
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Nobody: 2:28am On Oct 15, 2013
As far as there would be jollof rice, palmi, soda and Azu tilapia, I'm good to go.
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Haywhymido(m): 2:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Eje ka dupe lowo eni to rini to moju eyan ni o wo bi awa.sincerely, nt inviting u may av scape her mind,if she really didn't wnt u to b present at d event she won't av notice u dat day talkless of showing u d aso ebi.4give n 4get she don beg u naw.

1 Like

Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Gudintent: 3:59am On Oct 15, 2013
You said she is an 'acquaintance', I'm sure she felt the same way too. Which explains you not getting an invitation in the first instance.

However, her seeing you at that event must have rekindled whatever it is you had. It is her daughter getting wed, I doubt she will invite you if she does not feel the need to.

You don't have to go, but at the same time it will be rude not to.

I dont think she meant any harm, honour the invitation and go rejoice with her.
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by greatgod2012(f): 4:57am On Oct 15, 2013
It takes a courageous and strong mind to apologise for a wrong doing, so, since she has apologized and sent down your own I.V, I think you have to honour the apology and the immediate correction she made to convince you that it was indeed a mistake/an oversight and attend.

Moreso, if she even intentionally decided not to have invited you, once she has been accused and she denied by saying it was an oversight, she has given you your deserved respect, for that also, you have to show her that you're more matured than her, especially by giving her a worthwhile gift or fat envelope.

Personally, if anyone can deny an evil doing or backbiting about me when I approach him/her about it, I take it as respect for myself, and forgive or let go.
A person that do not respect you will say, yes, I did it or said it, do your worst! If she acted that way, I will say, don't go, but if she denied, then, she still has respect for you. Reciprocate the respect and attend.

May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by kreamidiva(f): 5:41am On Oct 15, 2013
I saw this thread and said "its babyosisi,i must read it!"

Honour the invite and forget the oversight.

said it all.
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Acidosis(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2013
Take it as a re-union ma'am... smiley

For the sake of the money spent on aso ebi and her courage, I think you should attend...
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Awa obiiinnnriiinnnn sha.we too get wahalah.shebi she has apologized.what else should she say again.if she didnt apologize,then ill say you shouldnt go,if possible dash someone the aso ebi

1 Like

Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by olushowunm(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2013
WHAT IS IT ABOUT ASO EBI IN THIS COUNTRY

WELL, SINCE YOU ARE IN IT... ITS BETTER YOU FINISH IT!!!

BUT AVOID ANY ASO EBI IN THE FUTURE!!!
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by ZACHIE: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2013
@op
your have taken your stammering to new heights.
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by NnamdiN: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2013
Life is too short to let such things bother you. Invited or not, go and have fun.
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2013
Thanks for all your responses
Looks like most people would attend if they were in my shoes
I love to dance anyway
I guess I'll just go and dance my butt off
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
olushowunm: WHAT IS IT ABOUT ASO EBI IN THIS COUNTRY

WELL, SINCE YOU ARE IN IT... ITS BETTER YOU FINISH IT!!!

BUT AVOID ANY ASO EBI IN THE FUTURE!!!

You are correct
I have already spent $200 on this one
The fabric and the sewing
I never buy necklace sef
Re: Would You Go To To This Wedding? by mspee(f): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
babyosisi:
I love to dance anyway
I guess I'll just go and dance my butt off

Lol. Go and have some fun jare, life is too short to worry about such trivial things.

Dance away some fats jare wink

(1) (Reply)

A Ladies View Of Husband Scarcity / My Mother Dislikes Me / Nigerian Mum Spotted Doing Weight Lift, Leaving Everyone Shocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.