Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best (1023 Views)

British Rock Bands Are Wow!!! / Who Are Your Favorite Modern Rock Bands / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by uaphorism(m): 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
For me,

1. Nickelback - Trying Not To Love You, Someday and Gotta Be Somebody

2. Linkin' Park - Numb, Lost In The Echo

3. Evanescense - Bring Me To Life, Lithium, My Immortal

4. Daughtry - Call My Name, Life After You, Supernatural

5. Coldplay - Fix You, Changes, Paradise

err, one last one, U2 - Beautiful Day

PS - in no particular order
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Illuminatus(m): 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2013

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life, Solitude
Michael Learns To Rock - Someday, Sleeping Child
The Fray - Never Say Never, You Found Me
Coldplay - La Viva Vida
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by onuwaje(m): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
1.Coldplay!! -(I love all their music)
2.Keane-(all their music)
3.The feeling
4.Shiny toy guns
5.Linkin park

I love all their music so I can't really choose which is best
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hmm. No time line or date? Okay lol.

Def Leppard
1. Photograph
2. Hysteria (the entire album, trust me)

Nickelback
1. Savin' Me (the video is killer too)
In fact, anything on All The Right Reasons.

Journey
1. Edge of the Blade
2. Escape
3. Do You Recall
4. Don't Stop Believin'
(It's hard picking just 3 for them. Almost all of their albums are golden)

Coldplay
1. High Speed
2. Death and All His Friends
3. X&Y (the entire album; their best album in my opinion)

Fleetwood Mac
1. Dreams
2. Gypsy
3. Go Your Own Way

Heart
1. These Dreams
2. Alone (!!!!!)
3. Barracuda

3 Doors Down
1. When I'm Gone
2. Let Me Go
3. Loser

Van Halen
1. Panama
2. Jump
3. Dance The Night Away

That's more than 5 init...
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by uaphorism(m): 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
ogugua88: Hmm. No time line or date? Okay lol.

Def Leppard
1. Photograph
2. Hysteria (the entire album, trust me)

Nickelback
1. Savin' Me (the video is killer too)
In fact, anything on All The Right Reasons.

Journey
1. Edge of the Blade
2. Escape
3. Do You Recall
4. Don't Stop Believin'
(It's hard picking just 3 for them. Almost all of their albums are golden)

Coldplay
1. High Speed
2. Death and All His Friends
3. X&Y (the entire album; their best album in my opinion)

Fleetwood Mac
1. Dreams
2. Gypsy
3. Go Your Own Way

Heart
1. These Dreams
2. Alone (!!!!!)
3. Barracuda

3 Doors Down
1. When I'm Gone
2. Let Me Go
3. Loser

Van Halen
1. Panama
2. Jump
3. Dance The Night Away

That's more than 5 init...
I love ur choice especially that on journey..have u heard 'faithfully'? Its my best Journey song.. Savin' me is a beautiful song too
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Illuminatus(m): 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Is Fleetwood Mac considered a rock band? I thought they were just a music group that did a lot of pop songs.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Fitzy4real(m): 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
1. The Fray - You Found Me, Rainy Zurich, Ungodly Hour.
2. Coldplay - Paradise, Fix You, Trouble
3. One Republic - Missing Person, Goodbye Apathy, Switch On
4. Switchfoot - On Fire, You, Meant to Live
5. Evanescence - Lies, Solitude, Like You

Honourable mentions go to:

1. Kelly Clarkson - Sober, Save You
2. Nickleback - Far Away
3. Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane, Dance With The Devil
4. U2 - The Ground Beneath Her Feet

And the late King of Pop - Dirty Diana, Give It To Me.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by jaymichael(m): 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
1. GOO GOO DOLLS. Iris, Here is gone and Black balloon.
2. CREED. My sacrifice, Higher and One last breathe.
3. U2. Walk on, Still haven't found, Stuck in a moment.
4. MICHELLE BRANCH. All you wanted, Everywhere and Breathe.
5. SIMPLE PLAN. Addicted, I'd do anything, welcome to my life.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
uaphorism: For me,

1. Nickelback - Trying Not To Love You, Someday and Gotta Be Somebody

2. Linkin' Park - Numb, Lost In The Echo

3. Evanescense - Bring Me To Life, Lithium, My Immortal

4. Daughtry - Call My Name, Life After You, Supernatural

5. Coldplay - Fix You, Changes, Paradise

err, one last one, U2 - Beautiful Day

PS - in no particular order

My goodness, u r my bro from another mom!!! I would replace Coldlay with Maroon 5 tho. And Daughtry would be my No. 1.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
uaphorism: I love ur choice especially that on journey..have u heard 'faithfully'? Its my best Journey song.. Savin' me is a beautiful song too

I have heard "Faithfully". Journey is one of my faves. I have 6 of their albums lol.

Yeah, the concept behind Savin' Me (song and video) is pretty genius.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
Illuminatus: Is Fleetwood Mac considered a rock band? I thought they were just a music group that did a lot of pop songs.

They're rock lol. By the 1980s they were sounding pretty poppy, but their earlier albums are more of rock.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by uaphorism(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
vivacious vivi:

My goodness, u r my bro from another mom!!! I would replace Coldlay with Maroon 5 tho. And Daughtry would be my No. 1.
loolzz.. I'm honored..my best in Maroon 5 - Love Somebody, One More Night and She Will Be Loved.. I actually prefer them to Coldplay..bt I dnt consider them as a strictly rock band tho
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by s3nn2x(m): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Greenday :Boulevard of Broken Dreams, American I'diot, Jesus of Surburbia and 21 Guns

The Fray- How to Save a Life, You Found Me, Never Say Never, All at Once, Over my Head..

Linkin Park- Breaking the Habit, From the Inside, Shadow of the Day, Valentines Day, Pushing me Away, Vertical Limit, and virtually all their songs.

30 Seconds to Mars- This is war

All American Rejects- All their songs

Coldplay-Clocks, Fix You, The Scientist, Paradise etc.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by uaphorism(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
ogugua88:

I have heard "Faithfully". Journey is one of my faves. I have 6 of their albums lol.

Yeah, the concept behind Savin' Me (song and video) is pretty genius.
six albums?? Owk, u definitely love em more than I do.. I started lovin their songs when I first heard Don't Stop Believin'..twas used as the soundtrack for this movie - The Losers..nd 'Faithfully' was used as the soundtrack for another movie I cnt remember nw and 'Open Arms' in the movie, 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry' ..since then, I got hooked
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Republican(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
1. Coldplay; Animals, Speed of sound, Crest of waves,Violet Hills...infact all
2. Staind; Zoe Jane, Schizophrenic Conservations, reply
3. Linkin Park; Robot Boy, numb...
4. 3 doors; Never will I break, Father's son... etc
5. Evanesence; My immotal
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by sarutobie(m): 1:37am On Oct 17, 2013
Coldplay(they are just good)-clocks,scientist,speed of sound
Maroon5-this love,daylight,payphone
Swedish house mafia-dont you worry child
Bonjovi
Greenday-boulevard of broken dreams
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by infolekan(m): 6:18am On Oct 17, 2013
3 Doors Down - All their albums.
Linkin Park - Numb, Castle of Glass and Don't Stay
Creed - Lullaby, One last breath and Stand Here with me
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69, Heaven, Please forgive me
Evanescence - Tourniquet , October, Lithium
Nickel back - Photograph, How you remind me, rockstar,
Staind - how about you, everything changes, something to remind you
Blue October, Dave Mathews band
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2013
1) breaking benjamin - give me a sign, evil angel, diary of jane.
2)Keane - bedshaped, a bad dream, we might be stranger
3) the fray - never say never, look after you, you found me,
4) daughtry - what about now, home, september
5) paramore - the only exception, ignorance, monster.
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 17, 2013
Chris Daughtry- No surprise, what about us, start of something good, home, over you

The script- This is love, the man who can't be moved, nothing, breakeven, six degrees of seperation

The wanted- I found you, glad you came, lightening, chasing the sun, weekend

Blue october- Calling you, jump rope, she's my ride home

3 doors down- Here without you, kryptonite, away from the sun
Re: Top 5 Best Rock Bands And Three Of Their Songs You Think Best by Odkboy23(m): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
Imagine dragons ,radioactive, demons,bleeding out,on top of the world, america,amsterdam.my fault. The script the man that can not be moved,for the first time and if you culd see me now. Coldplay. Charlie brown,the scientist,fix you

(1) (Reply)

Girl Strips While Dancing To 'shimbolobo' By Mbryo (video) / Just Friend - Mani Singh - Feat. Nawaab Saab - Latest Punjabi Song / VIDEO: Check Out Alicia Keys Dancing To Skales’ Shake Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.