Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

A Thread To Share Urban Legends, Hearsays And Half-truths We Have Heard. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Thread To Share Urban Legends, Hearsays And Half-truths We Have Heard. (407 Views)

15 Terrifying Urban Legends Actually True? [warning:scary Images] / 10 Truths We Forget Too Easily / Nairaland, The Best Source For Rumours, Lies And Half Truths In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Thread To Share Urban Legends, Hearsays And Half-truths We Have Heard. by nenergy(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2013
I read recently how a Nollywood actor (Mike Ezeruoye) got 3 plots of lands in Abuja as gift for helping an elderly stranger. shocked If the story hadn’t made front page on Nairaland or wasn’t reported by a reputable print media, i will have waved if off as an Urban legend, Hearsay or half-truth.
We grew up hearing such stories; i mean stories that make you look suspiciously at the teller, or that make you squeeze you mouth and nose (yin mu) and scream “Ha, Fable!!!”

The purpose of this thread is to share any of such stories we have heard. I will go first…

#1 A story exists of how a stranger got two cars as ‘gifts’ while walking home through traffic. Apparently 2 Lagos money-miss-roads had a collision in traffic and were arguing when one of them said the vehicle was the least of all his cars and that he would ‘dash’ it out to prove it. He called on the pedestrian to come collect the cars keys. At that the other car owner also gave his car keys to the pedestrian to proof that the car in question was the least of his cars too. shocked That is how a car-less pedestrian became the proud owner of 2 saloon cars o. grin

#2 A car driven by the son of a telecoms boss collided with a beat-up Lagos taxi - the driver was in a hurry. He apologized to the taxi driver, made one phone call and a brand new car (the same brand and model he was driving) was driven to the location. He gave the keys of the now fender-less car to the taxi owner and went his way. shocked Taxi driver became car owner! grin

Hmmn…Truth, Urban legend, Hearsay and half-truth?

Oya share your own! tongue

(1) (Reply)

Powerful Life Tips And Advices In Pictures / Afam4eva,seun Instructed You To Ban Me Because I Spoke The Truth / Nairaland's Auto Section Profiled In Successdigest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.