Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic (5763 Views)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Preparing Nkwobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ingredients:
Cow leg (cut into small pieces)
½ handful of crayfish
1 tablespoon ground dry pepper (or more if you like spicy food)
1 ehuru/ehu/african nutmeg
2 tablespoons potash (akaun)
Uziza leaves
½ cup of palm oil
1 onion bulb + more for garnishing
1 knorr cube
Salt to taste

Directions:
Wash the cowleg well and add to a pot. Use a pressure pot if you have one to save you gas/electricity/time. Cut up the onions and add to the pot. Add the maggi and some salt to taste. Boil the meat till it's well done. Strain the meat from the water and set aside.

Put the potash in a small bowl and add about ½ cup of water. Strain into the pot you'll be cooking the nkwobi with. This is to remove all the sand and debris in the potash.

Heat the potash a little and the add the palm oil. Stir till it thickens.

Blend the crayfish and ehuru. You can also add the pepper and blend too.

Add the meat and blended crayfish to the oil and mix well. You can turn the heat on now so that the nkwobi is piping hot. Add a little salt if needed.

Garnish with cut uziza leaves and onion and serve.

ENJOY!!!

Get this recipe and other delicious ones from http://chichiscuisine..com/

2 Likes

Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
cry cry cry

It's not fair o, my mouth. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
adaobi123: cry cry cry

It's not fair o, my mouth. angry angry

Haha Adaobi, stop salivating! :p
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by Ignatio(m): 8:13am On Oct 17, 2013
Op why you do this na. Now I'm forced to go to the nearest joint for this.

BTW looks nice. Your husband is very lucky.
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ignatio: Op why you do this na. Now I'm forced to go to the nearest joint for this.

BTW looks nice. Your husband is very lucky.

Haha, thanks dear! But shey u know u can make it yourself. It's so easy!!!

And AMEEEEN to my husband being lucky!
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by NappilyNigerian(f): 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
I'm coming o! Keep my own for me o!
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
undecided
NappilyNigerian: I'm coming o! Keep my own for me o!

You're welcome to my kitchen anytime!

1 Like

Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Coconut Rice recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com/

Add me on twitter @chichiscuisine
Or on BB 7B019E04
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
All New Recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com/
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Chichi, silly question but kindly put a picture of the Akaun.
And please if I am straining to remove dirt, then what am i using to cook - the water? Because wouldnt the Akaun remaining on the strainer with the dirt if its a solid? I am hopelessly lost. thanks

PS: Great blog you have. I have it bookmarked and started on some of your recipes already! cheesy
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 1:27am On Nov 28, 2013
vivacious vivi: Chichi, silly question but kindly put a picture of the Akaun.
And please if I am straining to remove dirt, then what am i using to cook - the water? Because wouldnt the Akaun remaining on the strainer with the dirt if its a solid? I am hopelessly lost. thanks

PS: Great blog you have. I have it bookmarked and started on some of your recipes already! cheesy

Tnx so much for your compliment dear. I'm not at home now but once I get home I'll snap and send to you. The english name for akaun is potash. When you dissolve the potash in water, you'll see a lot of debris settle at the bottom. Will send pics later sha, maybe it will make more sense.
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by clean2: 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
chichi i want you to be my wife
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 6:02am On Dec 04, 2013
clean2: chichi i want you to be my wife

Where's the engagement ring na?
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by seangy4konji: 1:17am On Dec 11, 2013
am cooking dis tommorow my mouth just water shaaaa.it wont cost
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 10:30am On Jan 14, 2015
All new recipe on http://chichiscuisine..com
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by aariwa(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
chidarl85:
Ingredients:
Cow leg (cut into small pieces)
½ handful of crayfish
1 tablespoon ground dry pepper (or more if you like spicy food)
1 ehuru/ehu/african nutmeg
2 tablespoons potash (akaun)
Uziza leaves
½ cup of palm oil
1 onion bulb + more for garnishing
1 knorr cube
Salt to taste

Directions:
Wash the cowleg well and add to a pot. Use a pressure pot if you have one to save you gas/electricity/time. Cut up the onions and add to the pot. Add the maggi and some salt to taste. Boil the meat till it's well done. Strain the meat from the water and set aside.

Put the potash in a small bowl and add about ½ cup of water. Strain into the pot you'll be cooking the nkwobi with. This is to remove all the sand and debris in the potash.

Heat the potash a little and the add the palm oil. Stir till it thickens.

Blend the crayfish and ehuru. You can also add the pepper and blend too.

Add the meat and blended crayfish to the oil and mix well. You can turn the heat on now so that the nkwobi is piping hot. Add a little salt if needed.

Garnish with cut uziza leaves and onion and serve.

ENJOY!!!

Get this recipe and other delicious ones from http://chichiscuisine..com/
Re: Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic by chidarl85: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=aariwa post=38040379][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans / How To Make Owo Soup / Benefits Of Locust Beans Also Known As IRU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.