Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? (1311 Views)

I Want To Give My Baby Up For Adoption / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives / Thinking On Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Does That Make Me A Terrible Mom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by victorychi: 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Am 7 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancially. i cant even feed myself.
the guy that got me pregnant is nowhere to be found we broke up before i knew i was pregnant and now he has packed out of his former house and i dont know where to go from here i actually dont want to keep this pregnancy but am scared of aborting it
each time i think of abortion i start getting an uncomfortable feelings

pls if u know of any legal organization or foundation in port harcourt that can adopt my child apart from motherless homes please help. i need your advice

pls dont judge or condem me i know i have done wrong.
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by Kanwulia: 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
It is a tough situation to be in.
Nothing as disheartening as AN UNWANTED PREGNANCY, especially for females!
I really do not know which is better. An ABORTION OR AN ADOPTION.
Either way. . . .You are gonna lay awake many nights wondering why you decided to KILL your baby or GIVE IT AWAY.

You are in a tough situation either way.

GIVE IT TO A RELATIVE TO TAKE CARE OF. . . . .SINCE YOU HAVE NO LIVER TO HAVE AN ABORTION!

I know what I would do. If I really HATED the guy, I WOULD ABORT THE BABY.
If I loved the guy. . . I WOULD HAVE THE BABY AND GIVE IT TO A RELATIVE to take care of TILL I WAS EMOTIONALLY AND FINANCIALLY SETTLED AND HEALTHY ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILD! kiss

Everything depends on my relationship with my BABY-FADA! kiss

If I hate HIM. . .I WOULD HAVE TO KILL THAT CHILD! kiss 10 months is too daaaaaaaaaaaamn long to carry AN OBJECT OF HATE! I could NEVER DO THAT! I can only carry a CHILD out of love!!!!

Shikena-Shikena o! kiss
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by Atk01(f): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
IMO, it is better to give the baby up for adoption than to abort it. Cheers! smiley
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Yes,its right... Its a much better chance at Life than being Born to Hunger and Lack,it will also give you the chance to follow a fresh path...a better one... I dont know any suitable organisations,but i would advice you to do your. Due dilligence in selecting one,make sure its legal beyond any doubts,so your child doesnt end up "sold"
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Umm, I'm hoping this isn't a trend.

A few months agao, Someone with similar issue brought her case before nairaland. The assistance she got was immense.
I'm sure someone can pull up that thread. I'm mobile so it'll be a little difficult for me.
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by Gboliwe: 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
victorychi: Am 7 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancially. i cant even feed myself.
the guy that got me pregnant is nowhere to be found we broke up before i knew i was pregnant and now he has packed out of his former house and i dont know where to go from here i actually dont want to keep this pregnancy but am scared of aborting it

pls if u know of any legal organization or foundation in port harcourt that can adopt my child apart from motherless homes please help. i need your advice

Congratulations! Many burn candles seeking just to get pregnant but here you are. I say congrats.
As for what you will do? Follow your heart!
You can't tell me you do not know anybody who knows your boyfriend, you do not know where he works either, you also do not know where he comes from. Its unbelievable that he disappeared without a trace.
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by ifyalways(f): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
Giving up your baby for adoption is right. . . same for abortion but its your life so you decide what is best for you.

Luckily,PH welfare office/officers are one of the very best in the country. Go there,its at Borokiri,ask for *edited out* or any of the officers there.They are very warm,lovely people and would help you(not cash oh) to either get the man to take care of you(if you know the man), involving his family and/or yours,help you through adoption process etc.

If its cash you are looking for or who to buy your belle,dont waste your time going there.And if you go there,be very honest with them.
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by ubcandid(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Gboliwe:
Congratulations! Many burn candles seeking just to get pregnant but here you are. I say congrats.
As for what you will do? Follow your heart!
You can't tell me you do not know anybody who knows your boyfriend, you do not know where he works either, you also do not know where he comes from. Its unbelievable that he disappeared without a trace.

guy if she is not trying to scam us it can be possible.
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by ifyalways(f): 9:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
victorychi: Am 7 weeks pregnant and i cant afford to take care of myself fianancially. i cant even feed myself.

Wait o,what do you mean by the above?
Foundation and organization? Which foundation adopts babies? abi you dey look for all those kurukere one chance homes where dem dey manufacture and sell babies undecided
What do you have against motherless babies homes? Na you sabi.
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
ifyalways: Wait o,what do you mean by the above?
Foundation and organization? Which foundation adopts babies? abi you dey look for all those kurukere one chance homes where dem dey manufacture and sell babies undecided
What do you have against motherless babies homes? Na you sabi.
i think what she's trying to say is she wants her child to be adopted by a family and not put in a home or orphanage.
Re: Am Thinking Of Giving My Baby Up For Adoption. Is That Right? by ifyalways(f): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Bludeville:
i think what she's trying to say is she wants her child to be adopted by a family and not put in a home or orphanage.

I hope so. smiley

(1) (Reply)

. / What My Friend Did / How Much Should A Person Spend On His In-laws For The Coming Holiday ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.