Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! (3564 Views)

Chie.. Newcastle Don Spoil The Unbeaten Run Of Chelsea / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Photo Ostenatious Lifestyle Of Chelsea Owner, Roman Abramovich (2) (3) (4)

Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2008
What is Mickel's fate at Chelsea with the influence of the Russian billonaire. Abrahamovic said he wants a Russian in Chelsea. Scolari wants Deco and now it's like there is so much influence on the Manager. Worse for Obi he won't be at the Olympics where Ronaldinho, Messi etc will feature. Do you think Obi can make Chelsea's first 11 next season?
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by semid4lyfe(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
Mikel should forget about the 1st 11.the way i see it he is now surplus to requirement.i mean who does he want to bench?is it lampard,ballack,joe cole,deco,makalele or micheal essien.he should count himself lucky if he gets to play 5 minutes of every match.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2008
very silly boy that Mikel Obi.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by bgees(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2008
All is not lost for mikel. Scolari may like him and make him a better player.
But he is very silly,and he'd be wishing he made d olympic team. Who knows,if he had kept a cool head and showed humility,siasia would included him and help him give out those golden performances we saw at holland 2005.
The olympics was a great ,and career-saving chance,but he ignored it.
I just hope for d best for him.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by galatico(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2008
Mikel can not make the first team next season he was supposed to sign for Manchester United instead he opted to sign for Chelsea now he is reaping what he had sown,
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 9:51am On Jul 05, 2008
@David

From your mouth

Were you not part of the group that predicted JM will not even use Mikel.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2008
galatico:

Mikel can not make the first team next season he was supposed to sign for Manchester United instead he opted to sign for Chelsea now he is reaping what he had sown,

Poor him. . . guess he was confused & misdirected by his manager -Shittu then. . .
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by doyin13(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2008
I have a feeling Mikel will surprise everybody. . . . . .

His game is not explosive, but he is very good at what managers in Europe treasure highly:
Keeping the damn ball.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dyabman(m): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2008
Leave the poor boy alone, let the season start and lets see whats going to happen, his future is still bright at chelsea, what should likes of ben sahar(loan) , sinclair, tajera,santos,sidwell do. They should show the manager they can play better, i dont see any mistake mikel signing for chelsea instead of manutd, whats the difference in both teams,
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by DisGuy: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2008
Worse for Obi he won't be at the Olympics where Ronaldinho, Messi etc will feature.
what's the big deal playing football in the Olympics? football players don't count that as a big achievement! except Nigerian players!

Mikel will still play I'm not too sure, Ballack and Deco will play well together but you never know
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Novacaine(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2008
@Dis Guy
It is a big deal even Messi is fighting to make the Olympics even at the expense of Barca

Mikel let his early success get to his head it is time for him to knuckle down and get his head out of the clouds
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2008
@ Dis guy
You seem to be so naive of the impact the Olympics had on Obi and Messi's career. By the way do you know how many people watch the olympics? Or are you Obi's fan before the Olypmpics at Netherland? May be. But millions got to know Obi at the Olympics for the first time. So Olympics is a big game if not the biggest game in the world. Football at the olympics can be rated great following that submission.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by manu4laif: 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2008
@Belabela
Mikel and Messi played at the U-21 Champioships in Netherlands in 2005

WAN UNITED
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by DisGuy: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2008
belabela:

@ Dis guy
You seem to be so naive of the impact the Olympics had on Obi and Messi's career. By the way do you know how many people watch the olympics? Or are you Obi's fan before the Olypmpics at Netherland? May be. But millions got to know Obi at the Olympics for the first time. So Olympics is a big game if not the biggest game in the world. Football at the olympics can be rated great following that submission.

I still don't get it, Olympic football is like an U21 tournament, perhaps we are looking to earn easy brownie points with the Olympics and get some players on the market undecided

millions of people watch the Olympics not necessarily for the football though
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Radiant(f): 3:10am On Jul 07, 2008
I just like Siasia. He don't take shit from no player no matter how big you are. Mikel, can't be bothered about you! kiss

Who cares about Chelsea, neway! kiss
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Hannibal: 3:22am On Jul 07, 2008
Dis Guy:

I still don't get it, Olympic football is like an U21 tournament, perhaps we are looking to earn easy brownie points with the Olympics and get some players on the market undecided

Olympic is U23. cool
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by marosky(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2008
Don't write him off.His destiny is in God's hands.We all know that Mikel is a good player.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by RedHotChic(f): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2008
Don't write him off.His destiny is in God's hands.We all know that Mikel is a good player.
Best response yet. kanu was canceled when he had a heart condition, who will predict that he'll still be playing now.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by eldee(m): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2008
Dis Guy:

It's not about who played there and what you played
The big thing there is if you win a medal

An Olympic medal is the dream of every sportsman/sportswoman
It's one of those things you put on the wall and tell your grandchildren about when you're old and grey

Ever wondered why Fergie might be coaching the UK Under-23 team in London 2012?

RedHotChic:

Best response yet. kanu was canceled when he had a heart condition, who will predict that he'll still be playing now.
Kanu was smart, he knew what he wanted: to keep playing, c'mon, he left Arsenal to West Brom, was almost going to Germany
If Mikel went to an Everton or a Carrick-less, Hagreaves-less Man Utd, he won't be praying Ballack and Essien get injured
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Olaolufred(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2008
So much i love this guy. Imagine his bests in Holland 2005.

But! But!! But!!! Mikel could not manage his early success.

Mourinho adapted him to play what is not his natural role.

He that was a target to be fouled on began to pick up Red Cards like peanuts.

But, to make the matter worse, himself seems to allowed the little success enter his head.

I pray he is able to retrace his steps back. Because Siasia really tried for him. However, If Mikel is not

grateful to Nigeria by the opportunity of wearing our color, he should have been grateful to Siasia.

Let us still pray that God helps him out. His hopes remains in God's hand.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Olaolufred(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2008
To everything under the sun, there is hope. Mikel inclusive.

This may seems to be a trying moment for him.

It is due to some mis-direction from people he respected, though they have some motive

of using him. It is also as a result of his inability to handle little successes that could have landed

him the ultimate success ahead of him.

My advice is for him to sit down and take an inventory that can make his head come back cool.

Without this kind of cooooooolness, achieving the mark that Kanu has layed may be a mirage.

Mikel, do not limit yourself by your attitude.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2008
@Dis Guy
when did u start watching football?
do u know how many football greats that have played at the Olympics?
Kanu, Bebeto, Ronaldo, Etoo, Ortega, and so on played at the olympics

now Messi wants to play, Ronaldinho (2 times world footballer of the year), Kaka tried his best to play but was blocked by AC. so what has the Mikel dude done to warrant the arrogance?
to me, hes just an over-hyped piece of shit who cannot even get a regular shirt in his club

Now that he has shown to be stupid, he should enjoy the misfortune hes caused himself. I bet it, Wigan will bid for him next season or better still Deportivo lacoruna
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Bolarge(m): 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2008
Olaolufred:

So much i love this guy. Imagine his bests in Holland 2005.

But! But!! But!!! Mikel could not manage his early success.

Mourinho adapted him to play what is not his natural role.

He that was a target to be fouled on began to pick up Red Cards like peanuts.

But, to make the matter worse, himself seems to allowed the little success enter his head.

I pray he is able to retrace his steps back. Because Siasia really tried for him. However, If Mikel is not

grateful to Nigeria by the opportunity of wearing our color, he should have been grateful to Siasia.

Let us still pray that God helps him out. His hopes remains in God's hand.
Olaolufred:

To everything under the sun, there is hope. Mikel inclusive.

This may seems to be a trying moment for him.

It is due to some mis-direction from people he respected, though they have some motive

of using him. It is also as a result of his inability to handle little successes that could have landed

him the ultimate success ahead of him.

My advice is for him to sit down and take an inventory that can make his head come back cool.

Without this kind of cooooooolness, achieving the mark that Kanu has layed may be a mirage.

Mikel, do not limit yourself by your attitude.

Best posts.
U succinctly aired my views here.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dayokanu(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2008
@TKB why you dey derep Deportivo? The guy would be back to Plateau United in a Jiffy.

Olympics is small? NAIRALAND!!!!!!
Ronaldo Lima won World footballer playing in the Olympics, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Aldair, Dida, Crespo, Lopez ,

In 2000 Ronaldinho, Etoo, Zamorano, Pirlo, Zambrotta,

In 2004 Tevez Ayala and the entire Argentine National team save for a few This Year messi, Dinho, Robinho, Diego Roy Makaay, etc.

Even our own kanu Amokachi, Okocha, taribo cut it at the Olympics Kanu is probably the biggest Nigerian Player ever and he is still as humble as ever what has Mikel ever won in his life? FA cup ? count the number of FA cups Kanu has.

Which of these I mentioned Can Mikel lace boots for?
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
dayokanu:

@TKB why you dey derep Deportivo? The guy would be back to Plateau United in a Jiffy.

Olympics is small? NAIRALAND!!!!!!
Ronaldo Lima won World footballer playing in the Olympics, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Aldair, Dida, Crespo, Lopez ,

In 2000 Ronaldinho, Etoo, Zamorano, Pirlo, Zambrotta,

In 2004 Tevez Ayala and the entire Argentina National team save for a few This Year messi, Dinho, Robinho, Diego Roy Makaay, etc.

Even our own kanu Amokachi, Okocha, taribo cut it at the Olympics Kanu is probably the biggest Nigerian Player ever and he is still as humble as ever what has Mikel ever won in his life? FA cup ? count the number of FA cups Kanu has.

Which of these I mentioned Can Mikel lace boots for?

When did you become this?

Let the truth be said, Olympic football is nothing.

Did Nigeria have any discovery from Atlanta '96? The answer is NOOOOOO.

All our players are well well established before then. Is it Okocha or Kanu( who had already won champions league), Or Chelsea's Babayaro. Name it!

I used to think U-17 & U-21 world cup is a big thing until i travelled round the world from where i got to know that these competition is not as big as what we think in the face of the Europeans cryEven African Nations cup cry

I watched African cup of nations 2000 in England and was suprised oyinbos dont give a damn about it. It was only showned on Eurosport, not even highlight was showned on local TVs. It was that bad.

Thank God, Okocha, Kanoute and few others changed that now, its now showned live on BBC( on their lesser recognised TV though, BBC 3) but daily highlight on proper BBC.

Dayo, Dont just mention Kalusha's many goals against Italy(i think) twenty years ago in Seoul.

Before it was switched over to U-23, how many proper players go to Olympic? tongue
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Akola
pls get the point. . .why is Mikel shunning the Olympics?
Mikel has not won anything!!!!
Ronaldo in fact the whole of Brazil that we know as the King of soccer cherish playing at the Olympics!!!
so how on earth do you mean Olympics is nothing!!!

check the players that have played at the olympics and tell us what you think

How do you want the europeans to be impressed with our Nations cup?
are they even impressed with Copa Libertadores? NO
so whats ur point?

why should TV stations in the west be eager to beam the Nations Cup?
who will be the viewing audience? europeans?
abeggi. . . .Our footie in this continent is still poor compared to the standard at the EUROS

@dayo
Deportivo should be ok for him. Wigan, Hull, west Brom and co will finish his career.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by DrKitaun(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2008
tkb417:

@Akola
please get the pointwhy is Mikel shunning the Olympics?
Mikel has not won anything!!!!
Ronaldo in fact the whole of Brazil that we know as the King of soccer cherish playing at the Olympics!!!
so how on earth do you mean Olympics is nothing!!!

check the players that have played at the olympics and tell us what you think

How do you want the europeans to be impressed with our Nations cup?
are they even impressed with Copa Libertadores? NO
so whats your point?

why should TV stations in the west be eager to beam the Nations Cup?
who will be the viewing audience? europeans?
abeggi. . . .Our footie in this continent is still poor compared to the standard at the EUROS

@dayo
Deportivo should be ok for him. Wigan, Hull, west Brom and co will finish his career.

apart from the emboldened . . .u are absofuckinglutely spot on !!!

Mikel isnt a patriot and he is made to pay the price ! why should others go thru the stress of qualifying the country and some juvenile deliquent be allowed the fruit of their labor ? angry

that said ! Mikel either sit up or WILL NEVER ACHIEVE WHAT HE COULD WITH HIS TRUE POTENTIAL ! cool
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by vikiviko(m): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2008
Mikel will survive, he 's a naija born.
I believe with popular support he will be in thew olympics.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Akola,

Olympics is nothing but Ronaldinho, Messi, Robinho, Diego, Makaay and other stars far bigger than Mikel would be there
What if it does not matter to Europeans? South Americans cherish the tournament like mad. In fact they flood it with their best 11.

The core of Brazil was the same at Atlanta that went to France 98

Argentina loaded their 2004 team to the brim.

Same with Cameroun in 2000
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by DisGuy: 7:41am On Jul 09, 2008
why is Mikel shunning the Olympics?

well, I'll like to know why we are desperate for him to play there

check the players that have played at the Olympics and tell us what you think
I rarely hear or read about them talking glowingly about the Olympics.

If anything Olympics should be left for amateurs just coming up!!

Mikel didn't show up for the qualifiers, so the coached dropped him
vowed never to use him, he apologised and happily moved on with the super eagles
instead of moving on, everyone is still going on about it like Siasia can't win anything without him
fair enough Siasia 'discovered' him but that doesn't mean he should now control him forever!
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Olaolufred(m): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2008
@ Dis guy

I really feel for Mikel. But Dis guy could do better by advising him.

He has a future, but has made a mistake that led him this far now.

Your advice for him could help him. But, i suggest you give him a

constructive and positive one.

Please, do not repeat that Olympic is nothing. When you count medal

success in futball, olympic must be one.

That is why Kanu remain the most successfull nigerian player on medal table.

Brazil, remains the king of Soccer. Any cup brazil or Bebeto cries for because they lost

is not only an important cup(medal), but also a Super-important Cup.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Olaolufred(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2008
@ Bolarge

I really appreciate you for admitting my view.

I want us all to pray and advice the lad Mikel to modify his attitudes.

He still has a place "up there" like Udeme in guiness adverts.

Do You Know You Can Earn Less Than 10k Daily On Sport Bets? Check This Out! / Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha / GUARANTEED!!! - How To Turn 100 Naira To Over 100k In A Week!!!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73