Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! (3566 Views)

Chie.. Newcastle Don Spoil The Unbeaten Run Of Chelsea / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Photo Ostenatious Lifestyle Of Chelsea Owner, Roman Abramovich (2) (3) (4)

Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Habbyjo(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2008
well to my own opinion i am a chelsea fan but as for mikel going out of chelsea the boys fate is in the hands of the Almighty GOD and i surely know'S everything is in control but for the new chelsea boss phillip i am sure he can make mikel Obi a better person in the team first eleven by giving him a chance to play is way TO ITS PEAK.thanks very much and say better things about mikel cos he is representing the country out there in the world.

SHEYI HABBYJO
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by kennedy12: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2008
Abini tio the guy made a mistake by going to Chelsea. His skills as we can see is not as sharp and good as he was before going to Chelsea.

Instead of keeping a cool head to Olympic team coach he was to full of himself and he lost out to pride. I pray he learns his lessons while God will help me be a good boy going forward.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Dis Guy
Its not about the competition per se. Get the point.
Mikel is somebody today because he played for NIGERIA. He was still in Lyn oslo when Chelsea n Man United were fighting for him. was it his exploits at JC Raiders in Jos that brought him to limelight? NO
was it his exploits at Lyn Oslo, NO
it was because Nigeria gave him the chance to wear the National team jersey and after that he got his break.

Now that the guy 'has arrived'. he suddenly feels he cannot play for the Under-23!!!!
why? because he plays for Chelsea?

See, when Djemba Djemba left the french League for Man United, he tot he had the whole world under his feet. where is he now? he left United for Villa and from Villa to oblivion

who knows if Mikel will be in Hull city in 2 years from now? who knows?
he needs to learn how to be humble. i don't wish him bad but he should know better than forming arrogance for a Nation like Nigeria. its on record that all those who tried at one time or the other to snub this country always come back begging the nation for one favour or the other. I hope his case wont be like Djemba
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by affinity: 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2008
I pity for Mikel, its a common say that ''U are the architect of ur destiny ''
I think Mikel has made the wrong choice by Going to Chealsea the first Place , PleASE ALL WE NEED TO DO IS TO PRAY FOR ME ,
he is sill part of us since he is a Nigeria , another pity for him we will not be going to the OLYMPIC
Thats just too bad , with these 2problems he is going through now i must say he will be somewhere regreting the steps he had took in time past
Make God help him to build is Future
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by doyin13(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2008
All these naysayers. Like I said earlier, I suspect Obi will charm Scolari.

He might not play every week, but he will not be totally sidelined.

The boy is very good at holding the ball, the holy grail for majority of coaches.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by McKren(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2008
Siasia's decision to leave out Mikel is the best I have seen from a Nigerian coach for so long

God Knows what his faith in Chelsea will be , with Deco, lampard, Ballack I believe Chelsea have enough playmakers. Essien will have to fill in for Defensive Midfield since Chelsea have also bought Bosingwa.

Where does that leave Mikel?? Time will tell

His refusal to Join us at Old trafford has been the most pivotal decision of his career and will be for a long time.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 1:51am On Jul 10, 2008
One of the most stupid things i read on Nairaland is Mikel shun our olympic team because he plays for chelsea.

Mikel have attitude problem. No doubt about that! but that has nothing to do with Chelsea for God sake. Didnt he try that nonsense with JM? He is a silly boy!

Like Doyin has pointed out, he is a Jewel when a Coach need a holding midfielder. As a former footballer, this is one of most difficult ob to do on the field, it requires divine ability and great confidence and Obi has more than enough of skill.

@Dayo

I am sure you knew why Brazillians are ready to die to go to olympics. They need that medal like mad as the only one they've not won. Atlanta pains them like mad. I am sure you remember how many times they requested to play Nigeria. They just want to avenge that Atlanta loss. I hope you remember their star-studded team on that FRIENDLY MATCH grin they eventually came to Abuja and beat us by 3 goals. grin

@All

Why must Obi play for us?

Why must we field an undiscipline player?
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dayokanu(m): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2008
@Dayo

I am sure you knew why Brazillians are ready to die to go to olympics. They need that medal like mad as the only one they've not won. Atlanta pains them like mad. I am sure you remember how many times they requested to play Nigeria. They just want to avenge that Atlanta loss. I hope you remember their star-studded team on that FRIENDLY MATCH Grin they eventually came to Abuja and beat us by 3 goals.

Then someone said Olympics does not matter. When all the Brazilian top players are crying to play in it.

That Brazilian team that came to Abuja was it star studded? No Cafu No Carlos, No Ronaldo, No Rivaldo

Messi wants to go by force yet Mikel feels it is not an important tournament.

I am really behind Siasia on this even if we lose all our games
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by akinalabi(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2008
dayokanu:

I am really behind Siasia on this even if we lose all our games

Me too.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tosinadeda: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2008
more like leaving out ur greatest warrior when going to battle cos he is undisciplined!!!!!!
u guys should think!!!!!!!!
una dey back siasia now, when the guy fails u will be the ones to castigate him!!!!
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dayokanu(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2008
Castigate Siasia? What happened when france dropped Ginola and Cantona who were probably their best players then.

How are we sure Mikel wont get to Beijing and refuse to play or cause rift in the camp
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by akinalabi(m): 9:11am On Jul 10, 2008
tosinadeda:

more like leaving out your greatest warrior when going to battle because he is undisciplined!!!!!!
una dey back siasia now, when the guy fails u will be the ones to castigate him!!!!

Greatest warrior?

Do you honestly think Obi's magic can deliver the gold for us?

I dont even think there is any Nigerian that believes that the gold
is surely ours so the issue of failure does not arise.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2008
i hate it when people are unneccessarily posting daft statements on air!!
why will Mikel not want to go to the Olympics?
if he was in Lyn Oslo, will the guy shun the olympics?
did anyone notice the nonsence attitude they say he has when he was in Under 20?
who noticed the attitude problem when he was in Lyn?

its a criminal offence to post stupidly!!!

@topic
i agree 100% with Siasia for him to be dropped.
he has no biz playing for even the chicken eagles. some even say hes better than Okocha.
maybe, emmanuel Okocha. It can never be Jay Jay
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Akolawole(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2008
@Dayo

World best player(at that time) played so is Dida.

Rivaldo had passed his time years ago.

Let Brazil win this one, their top players wont bother again
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ Akola,
I dont get you?

Why is Messi dying to go to the Olympics?
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by DrKitaun(m): 1:07am On Jul 11, 2008
tosinadeda:

more like leaving out your greatest warrior when going to battle because he is undisciplined!!!!!!

Indisciplined players are a curse to any team !

do u remeber the punishment meted to Yakubu, Babayaro and Agali then when they were caught frolicking with girls in the dead of the night whereas they were supposed to be in their hotel rooms ?

do u remember why Claudio Cannigia didnt make the '98 world cup ?

do u know why SIASIA is NEVER going to tolerate indisciplined players around him ?

u need the country more than it needs u  . . .NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE COUNTRY [sub]except of course George Weah and Jari Litmanen[/sub grin]!
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2008
@DR KIT
Lmao!!! na true
George Weah was bigger than Liberia!
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dayokanu(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2008
Let Brazil win this one, their top players wont bother again

How come Argentina is bombarding the tournament. I cant remember any Argentine under 50 year better that these players

Argentine squad,

Ustari, Zabaleta, Garay, Burdisso, (Demichelis and Heinze were stopped by their clubs), Mascherano, Riquelme, Gago, Soso, Messi, Aguero
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2008
Nigeria and Argentina to play the finals again
Siasia to lose to Messi again in the finals.

hmm im scared for Ronnie o, make Messi no go dribble everybody take win World futballer of the year.
i hope they break his fragile leg in the first game
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dayokanu(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2008
U dey craze why not Ronaldo to break his leg.

But seriously The Argies are not joking with this.

You better bid for Mikel at Gateway FC
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2008
LOL!
Ozogula( comm. for sports in Ogun) go read this one b4 he sleep
make him bid for Mikel for Gateway FC. . .but how much Guvnor go spend to buy am?

But Mikel go scatter the unity in that team. maybe enyimba will be interested or make him go back to JC Raiders in Jos
na small boiz we dey use for Gateway
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dyabman(m): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2008
You are all here shouting and bleating like goats, olympic! olympic! olympic! olympic! ,

Not sure you guys are going to win it.
Many are their to participate thats all, nothing more. Leave the poor boy alone.

He has made it already, hes going to make more. Hes enjoying is training tour in malaysia, sooo hes a big boi ,
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dyabman(m): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2008
tkb417:

i hate it when people are unneccessarily posting daft statements on air!!
why will Mikel not want to go to the Olympics?
if he was in Lyn Oslo, will the guy shun the olympics?
did anyone notice the nonsence attitude they say he has when he was in Under 20?
who noticed the attitude problem when he was in Lyn?

its a criminal offence to post stupidly!!!

@topic
i agree 100% with Siasia for him to be dropped.
he has no biz playing for even the chicken eagles. some even say hes better than Okocha.
maybe, emmanuel Okocha. It can never be Jay Jay

what and who are you fighting for now?, i dont get , you dont have to bleat okay
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by tkb417(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2008
who dey follow u talk?
den swear for u?
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by DrKitaun(m): 12:52am On Jul 15, 2008
Lol !!! grin grin

no mind am . . .
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by justkunmi(m): 1:11am On Jul 15, 2008
una see wetin mikel don cause now. . grin grin

kit, u neva sleep?
wink
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by DrKitaun(m): 1:36am On Jul 15, 2008
do angels sleep ?

grin cheesy grin

even when am asleep I got post auto-responders doing my job for me wink cheesy
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by dyabman(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2008
tkb417:

who dey follow u talk?
den swear for u?

then talk to others on IM not on here,
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by Arogz(m): 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2008
C groove O!
All dis ignorant people. Hiss,
Number 1! Mikel cannot and will not be dropped @ Chelsea.
Mikel was in the starting line up alongside Ballack and Lamps in our last match against Milan where we won 5-0. He was very comfortable on the ball and does right now look like a better holding midfielder than even Essien. Essiens strenght is in bursting foward and @ point @ Pre-season, 2 accomodate them both, Essien was played @ Right Back.
Abeg? Who plays Football Manager. Weda u do or not, if u're a result oriented person, u'll play Mikel @ d Olympics weda u like his attitude or not. Dis guy has played against d Uniteds, Barcelonas, Valencias and so on! U cannot becos of one discipline thaz not rili there, drop him! Siasia will fail and he'll fail woefully. He's angrilly dropped Taye Taiwo as well, Hiss, I pity d guy, he thinks we're going 2 play Ghana for the duration of d tournament abi? Hiss.
Mikel has got a bright future and he will suceed @ Chelsea. We all know he'll command a starting shirt an an Everton and even a Spurs. He's a quality player and Nigeria shld be proud of him!
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by davidif: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2008
Arogz, leave them o, let them keep talking, no matter what, the defensive midfielder would always play because he is extremely vital to the team.

Mr Siasia, indeed will regret not fighting for this guy, he forgets that believing in your boys is not enough to win you a tournament. Let him keep his ego if he likes.
Re: Mickel Obi Out Of Chelsea! by uchetobi(f): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2008
@Davidif am sure you have swallowed your words now. Its people like you that have no confidence in the coach or the players that make players like Mikel feel more importatnt than they are, *Hisses*

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Why He Has No Tattoos / Epl/uefa Is Stupid..wrestling Fans Represent!! / FIFA Releases Current Football Ranking After World Cup

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52