Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34129 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by bigt2(m): 12:21am On Nov 17, 2013
Thumbs up guys!!
I can't program yet sad how can i help?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2013
now i'm seeing progress. grin now is time to transfer the burden to the person with the game engine, and the scripters so that they can apply constrains to kazuna's model design etc etc. Where's dueal? Nice work kazuna
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2013
I'm still here....keep doing wat u all are doing. D story and set is still not close to solid...dis will give devs a hard time...seriously

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 11:55am On Nov 17, 2013
dueal: I'm still here....keep doing wat u all are doing. D story and set is still not close to solid...dis will give devs a hard time...seriously
d main problem here is I basically do nt knw wich mission we r building 4 here wah goatie is doin here I dnt knw wich plot we fllwing I dnt knw!! We building a barrack and we dnt knw wah we goin dere 2 do rescue sum1!! Kill dem soldiers in d area 2 mak d area dem goatie zone!!?.. Decisions decisions !!

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
JIVI, PLEASE POST THE GAME STORY THIS THREAD IS FOLLOWING, SO THAT EVERYONE CAN BE CARRIED ALONG. EVEN SOME DEVELOPERS DONT KNOW WHAT'S ON THE BOARD. ITS ADVISED YOU MODIFY YOUR FIRST POST AND PUT THE GAME STORY THERE, FROM THE FIRST MISSION TO THE LAST, SO THAT EVEN THOSE SEEING THE THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME CAN EASILY JUMP AND BE ON THE SAME TRACK WITH US. PLEASE JIVE, AYAM BEGGING O!
#AND YES...AYAM SHOUTING

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
kennikazi: JIVI, PLEASE POST THE GAME STORY THIS THREAD IS FOLLOWING, SO THAT EVERYONE CAN BE CARRIED ALONG. EVEN SOME DEVELOPERS DONT KNOW WHAT'S ON THE BOARD. ITS ADVISED YOU MODIFY YOUR FIRST POST AND PUT THE GAME STORY THERE, FROM THE FIRST MISSION TO THE LAST, SO THAT EVEN THOSE SEEING THE THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME CAN EASILY JUMP AND BE ON THE SAME TRACK WITH US. PLEASE JIVE, AYAM BEGGING O!
#AND YES...AYAM SHOUTING

I read the stories you guys posted earlier but I was not very focused. I just read it again and I will say you deviated a bit from the initial game story path which included starting the game at the barrack. I stated this earlier (probably not directly, maybe implied) that changes to the story are welcome provided the game starts at the barrack because we have already started work at the barrack. No wonder kennikazi and a few others are confused.

@kennikazi
We would follow your story but please, can you modify it to include the following first,

the initial barrack mission to get the initial weapons. maybe that would be combined with the training.

the GwonGwon story in which gwongwon is killed and is to be used as peppersoup for food but goatie and the other want to rescue him and give him appropriate burial rites.

Finally, a role for General Overseer aka "Our Eyes", the goat that sees it all and has a big eye just to make it funny.

This game has to retain a funny element and that would be reflected in the missions/voice acting/character design/behaviour.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 4:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
@kennikazi
you can get ideas from peterjosh's version of the story for the initial barrack mission
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by kennikazi(m): 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
Jivi: @kennikazi
you can get ideas from peterjosh's version of the story for the initial barrack mission
hmm...i'll see what i can do
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2013
I've been on this path before. You'd find it difficult accepting your story-line to be perfect. You'd always want to modify. Just think of the first mission and work on it. You're different from the big game companies that alreadi have their story and then set to work on it. If you keep on deliberating on storyline, i doubt you'd go far by nov ending !!

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ajibel: I've been on this path before. You'd find it difficult accepting your story-line to be perfect. You'd always want to modify. Just think of the first mission and work on it. You're different from the big game companies that alreadi have their story and then set to work on it. If you keep on deliberating on storyline, i doubt you'd go far by nov ending !!
I second this.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 7:08am On Nov 18, 2013
Should I draft up my story lines?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Should I draft up my story lines?
NO!! angry
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2013
K
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
L
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lolz!! U knw wah y dnt we jst stick 2 dem kazi story with it still bein a dream !! And den move forward !! Or mayb we shuld wait 4 kazi 2 mix evertin den!!.. #peace!!...
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
There is no problem changing the story right now so lets focus on the barrack level design. Kazi is working on the initial barrack mission. So, we are on track.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
I'm so so confused, I tot we have passed storyline and moved to draft and models.... y the hell are you guys still changing the story line

>>> divided we fall, united we stand<<<
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
We passed the story concept phase. not necessarily storyline. Well, let's stay focused on level design. There is nothing to worry about. Let's stop commenting about the story line. This is an unnecessary distraction. Kennikazi is working on it. It does not disturb the current level design.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
pls lets move on with other aspects of the game,we cant afford to have another pitfall again as per d story issues.........kazi more haste less speed
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
So barrack mission (yea I knw d pics sucks agn buh its simple dis time). Buildings r labeled. Abcd!!--- A-mini weapon storage B- soldiers hostels C- military vehicles garage -D-admin block. 1st objective!!- climb the wall enter the compound enter building A steathly kill the soldiers guarding the weapons !!.. Geht weapons frm the storage 2nd obj--- go to B use weapons gotten frm A -- wipe out the soldiers in B 3rd obj - destroy the military vehicles by grabbing one of the rocket launchers in A (if you dnt alredi have one) Note--- military vehicles r basically ammo tanks and dey r alredy bein driven after your attack in d B building!!... 4th obj enter admin building kill any soldiers alng the way move to the top building to kill the commander holding d captured goat as shield --- gbam open door slw motion -- aim to shoot the commander in the head b4 he kills d goat!!--- mission complete!!.... Purpose of mission ---1)rescue d. Captured goat 2) to send a clear message to the humans daht. War as started... 3)gain weapons and ammunitiin 4) knw the where about of oda military camps!!..

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
@jjk24 i think d barrack would not be complete without a cafeteria,kindly carve out some space for that.. also i think the distance of the gate from the buildings should be well over some metres..............would d game look real by having d goat climbing over a military fence,goats cant climb so we should probably devise a better infiltration means......
we can also have a control post around d gate area......the weapons storage isnt strategically located enough..........or are we intending a highly POROUS barrack plan?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Aa dnt knw enifin bout barracks boss buh d storage is kinda @ d back of d compound !! Buh seriously dnt knw hw a barracks layout shuld be!! And also aa tot d goats r gnna. Be able 2 do humans kinda activities since dey r standin on both of dere legs!! Rhyt!?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
okay sire,i too aint a barrack boy i just had dat feeling too......am okay with d goat also doing some human stunts too....nice work brother
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
@jivi, some grunge and bullet maps on admin center....
Will start work on lights maps soon.
Someone should plx try d weaponz....

2 Likes

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
Jeez, can't wait to get me hands on some kalashnikov...shoot 'em soldierz...Pow pow bang bang...
Dream on kazuna
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 11:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
kazuna: @jivi, some grunge and bullet maps on admin center....
Will start work on lights maps soon.
Someone should plx try d weaponz....
nicest of nice ones. Based on lightmaps, we just need the indirect lighting if you can do that. that is total_radiosity_lighting - direct_lighting along with information of the directional light used i.e sun light direction and color.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 2:45am On Nov 19, 2013
Do we have to mdel the weapons!!..tf3dm.com/3d-model/mp5k-fully-rigged-60158.html smiley
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by MonsieurCoder: 10:23am On Nov 19, 2013
Do we have any Sound Designers and Voice Actors here?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
For those who think things r moving too slow here.... http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RogerPaffrath/20131115/204871/What_NOT_to_do_when_starting_as_an_indie_game_developer.php

Its not a website we r making
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
Can't compare d 2....dere r truck load of frameworks n modules for web dev...but this.....WHOLE OTHER STORY...

2Bad I can't b of help
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nairaface: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ajibel: I've been on this path before. You'd find it difficult accepting your story-line to be perfect. You'd always want to modify. Just think of the first mission and work on it. You're different from the big game companies that alreadi have their story and then set to work on it. If you keep on deliberating on storyline, i doubt you'd go far by nov ending !!
Great work so far. Comments and observations. 1. I agree with Ajibel that it is important to agree on a storyline and improve on it without losing focus. 2. Thinking as a project manager, a meeting of the current members is needed to have a clear understanding of what is expected, the subtasks involved, and a schedule. Then a representative of each subtask needs to be selected to coordinate the subtask development. Then meetings among the representatives, open to other members, on a regular basis. Then feedback from each subtask representative to the subtask members, irrespective of whether or not they were there. Since this started on Nairaland, maybe Seun is open to giving this project a "room" that will take the place of the closed facebook page.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Microcontrollers / What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.