Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34171 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by petereddy(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
Sango is god of thunder,how about that?His tool is gonna be the thunder and it would surely make perfect sense,I can be part of d story team..I pledge my allegiance
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Seriously to much ideas r jst flwing in we all have fantasies and games we all wanna create but let's stay focused here let's mak a list and choice frm it 1stly niaja old century theme ( every thing mentiOned frm sango to the rpg village stories) and the sci-fi themed game (frm the 2060 sumfin stories and co) I g0 4 d naija old feel theme
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jivi:
Well, its not going to be super-realistic. The charms will enable you to be able to fight them physically and they will have special powers too. That is why it is a game.

Like naruto

Oduduwa is vexed and wants to destroy the world cuz of the sins of man. Sango rises again to plead for his mercy to spare lives, oduduwa says he has to defeat eshu, shokpono and co and retrive a black-boxed yiippeess thingamabobs else the world would be destroyed. Sango is to act as the world's savior and....

*erm, i'm not making sense* just finished watching wrath of the titans and clash of the titans embarassed embarassed
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 11:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ajibel:

Like naruto

Oduduwa is vexed and wants to destroy the world cuz of the sins of man. Sango rises again to plead for his mercy to spare lives, oduduwa says he has to defeat eshu, shokpono and co and retrive a black-boxed yiippeess thingamabobs else the world would be destroyed. Sango is to act as the world's savior and....

*erm, i'm not making sense* just finished watching wrath of the titans and clash of the titans embarassed embarassed

Nice concept. We should develop on this. I think the Sango story is already a nominee for the final story plot. We are still open to other ideas though.

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by wiegraf: 4:25am On Oct 21, 2013
One silly option to toss into the hat. We could have gods from various pantheons competing for whatever it might be, that way some people may not feel left out. Imagine (im)mortal kombat between Amadohia and Sango? When the tribalists are tired of hurling vitriol at each other they could then settle their issues like civilized human beings; using a game.

Some people are plenty sensitive though.

Anyways note, it need not be a fighter, just that various factions are competing. And of course, they could cooperate as well
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 5:51am On Oct 21, 2013
I wanted to include amadioha and sth from other tribes fighting one another buh didnt want to sound tribalistic and so waited for others to make the input. Anyone can google Yoruba myths, Hausa myths, or Igbo myths and read up. Infact we can mix the mythological stories to have a bigger storyline. They mustnt be 100% accurate.

It seems the literature & culture sections could help. I could've nominated myself to draft a storyline buh that one na time oo. Besides, not everyone has endorsed the myth-story. Racing, Action and Sci-fi still interests many. It'd be good to have like 3to4 synopses for people to vote for their favs.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by wiegraf: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2013
@ Ajibel

Like capcom vs marvel, kingdom hearts, Super Robot Taisen, SMT, etc etc etc I believe what's standard is to create an original story using original xters, but then having xters from the various crossovered universes involved one way or the other. Usually they are presented with backstory, etc, so one could learn their origins.

SMT series in particular deals with folklore etc, using myths from all across the globe except for.......african..

Anyways, there are many ways to combo it, eg, have the thunder gods amahodia and sango as one faction, iron gods elsewhere, etc etc.

And the vote is a lovely idea.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 8:00am On Oct 21, 2013
what about a game about weed?...seriously. who has done scripting in lua and who knows C/C++? and truth b told...u wont b able to make use of Unity the way u can with an in-house engine...so i dnt support the use of Unity
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ojukwu24(m): 11:50am On Oct 21, 2013
I think Unity3D will be okay. It is easy use.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
yes...so is BASIC....for d free version of Unity that doesnt give u access to do more dan write script events...u cnt do much without some crazy unmanageable coding practice...jst my opinion
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Wait so r we creating a GOW lyk game arnd sango?! Hw is the game gnna play lyk?! GOW!? What's gnna b sang0s blade of chaos and wait is dis game gnna b hack and slash stuff wh0 will sango slash in g0w we had minitorzes and cyclops crazy fictional kinda beasts will sang0 jst fight againt 0ther gods. !! Lolz time 2 mak decisions pals wach u tink, #cheers.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by RationalDude(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Many thanks to @Wiegraf for linking me to this thread. @Jivi, kudos for starting this and if you can successfully follow through with your plan, it will be the beginning of greater things. Now, while I don't have any programming experience, I've always wanted to do something like this (was planning to do so in my next life sha). I could probably contribute with some story lines but I would prefer to be where the action is so would it be possible for me to learn programming while working with you on this project? (please, reply)
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2013
RationalDude: Many thanks to @Wiegraf for linking me to this thread. @Jivi, kudos for starting this and if you can successfully follow through with your plan, it will be the beginning of greater things. Now, while I don't have any programming experience, I've always wanted to do something like this (was planning to do so in my next life sha). I could probably contribute with some story lines but I would prefer to be where the action is so would it be possible for me to learn programming while working with you on this project? (please, reply)

Yes, you can learn programming while working on this project.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dudes....we forgetting one of our own....

Captain Afrikka!!

Super hero in Vanguard newspaper
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by RationalDude(m): 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
Jivi:

Yes, you can learn programming while working on this project.
Great! when do we get started?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by RationalDude(m): 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Dudes....we forgetting one of our own....

Captain Afrikka!!

Super hero in Vanguard newspaper
Yeah, what ideas do you have with that one?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by RationalDude(m): 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2013
How about this for a story line?
...................................................... ....

After many years, it is discovered that Sango fathered a child secretly with one of his maids (who he loved more than his wives). This child is preserved in a secret tomb and he is destined to one day rule the kingdom of Oyo. You are one of the warriors given the task to protect this child until the predestined time.

However, Oba and Osun, the wives of the god, get to learn of this information and are angered. They decide to make an unholy alliance in order to eliminate the child. With their god-like powers, they begin to terminate Sango's mortal warriors until you are the only one left.

Being warned by a diviner, you are able to escape death from the angry goddesses. But all is not safe for you yet, you have to make a treacherous journey to the secret location of the child to do what you were meant to do, protect the future king!

shey I try?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
RationalDude: How about this for a story line?

After many years, it is discovered that Sango fathered a child secretly with one of his maids (who he loved more than his wives). This child is preserved in a secret tomb and he is destined to one day rule the kingdom of Oyo. You are one of the warriors given the task to protect this child until the predestined time.

However, Oba and Osun, the wives of the god, get to learn of this information and are angered. They decide to make an unholy alliance in order to eliminate the child. With their god-like powers, they begin to terminate Sango's mortal warriors until you are the only one left.

Being warned by a diviner, you are able to escape death from the angry goddesses. But all is not safe for you yet, you have to make a treacherous journey to the secret location of the child to do what you were meant to do, protect the future king!

shey I try?
yea in a way I find this interesting buh I hav a little twist 2 it personally though how about we play as sangos son buh we dnt knw wh0 we r or y we hav dis great supernatural powers or why the whole kingdom wants us dead and we just fight our way to the top to find out y and stuff . This will kindda giv us freedom to develop the character and we wnt geht stuck @ tryin 2 recreate the real sango in awa game
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
dreamers... Nothing is achieved with words but when you get really serious. I might help with the 3d modelling[if its a 3d game] cos i'm pretty idle at the moment.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Toothless BullDog angry
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by petereddy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Bulldog: dreamers... Nothing is achieved with words but when you get really serious. I might help with the 3d modelling[if its a 3d game] cos i'm pretty idle at the moment.
Sire as u can see,we need to get d story first and plan on our character personality before darting into d development part
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ajibel: Toothless BullDog angry
yes sweedy grin
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
petereddy:
Sire as u can see,we need to get d story first and plan on our character personality before darting into d development part
k goodluck with that
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Current Characters

Osun
Oba
Oduduwa
Sango
Bush Baby
Lady Koi Koi,
Amadioha

Lets get more bad guys into the eventual story and then build up the story from there.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by petereddy(m): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Jivi: Current Characters

Osun
Oba
Oduduwa
Sango
Bush Baby
Lady Koi Koi,
Amadioha

Lets get more bad guys into the eventual story and then build up the story from there.
Esu;the god of confusion if need arises for him
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2013
hi people...if u need a dev for this fighting game idea...contact me

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 11:14am On Oct 23, 2013
What storyline and theme are u going with. That'd help in creating characters (monsters, enemies etc)... Though I ..
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ajibel: What storyline and theme are u going with. That'd help in creating characters (monsters, enemies etc)... Though I ..
d 1 in my own mind is lyk esus servants send frm hell we culd g0 crazy with enemie types lyk daht
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ajibel:

Like naruto

Lets develop on this story and probably combine it
RationalDude: How about this for a story line?

shey I try?

Lets combine these story and develop on them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Microcontrollers / What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.