Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent (979 Views)

What Can You Never Forgive Your Parent For? / Disclosing Your Income To Your Spouse. Good Or Not Too Good? / How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by Nielbaba(m): 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Am still serving,and everybody knows how much a corper earn ,this just came to my mind,is it ok to disclose how much u earn to your parent?I mean after nysc ,when u start working,cos if me still ask for money now ,I will still get due to the fact they know how much am earning
Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by amaboss(m): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
What's the need? Dem no go gree gimme money again
Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
It depends. Me i never try it o.

After my NYSC, i got a job and they required us to fill a home and mobile no. in the bank account form. I used my dad no as home and used my no as mobile.

Whenever i come home, my dad keeps telling me he always sees an alert from a certain bank. I told him that it may be 419 guys. That he shouldnt even respond to it.

Then something happened, i was gonna withdraw a certain money for my dad to give to my brother, and he knew i was on my way to the bank. Few minutes after i took the cash, my dad called me and asked if i just left the bank, i said yes, na dia wahala start.

The man laugh ooo and said to me, " so its actually your bank statement that had been coming to my phone" . Na dia i wan die.
I rushed back immediately to the bank and ask the officer to change my home no.

Funny enough, they never did, when ever they pay salary, my dad will call me saying " chilli, its been paid oh, how far" lol.

Omoh, i ran back to the bank requesting to see the manager ASAP! And i made sure they changed the phone no. before i left.

Uptil now, he still laugh about the whole thing and never forgets to put my name for some kin church donations when i don tell am say i no dey go church again. All because he knew how much i make
Phewww... Long story dis night.

Your choice!

1 Like

Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by Nielbaba(m): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
Chillisauce: It depends. Me i never try it o.

After my NYSC, i got a job and they required us to fill a home and mobile no. in the bank account form. I used my dad no as home and used my no as mobile.

Whenever i come home, my dad keeps telling me he always sees an alert from a certain bank. I told him that it may be 419 guys. That he shouldnt even respond to it.

Then something happened, i was gonna withdraw a certain money for my dad to give to my brother, and he knew i was on my way to the bank. Few minutes after i took the cash, my dad called me and asked if i just left the bank, i said yes, na dia wahala start.

The man laugh ooo and said to me, " so its actually your bank statement that had been coming to my phone" . Na dia i wan die.
I rushed back immediately to the bank and ask the officer to change my home no.

Funny enough, they never did, when ever they pay salary, my dad will call me saying " chilli, its been paid oh, how far" lol.

Omoh, i ran back to the bank requesting to see the manager ASAP! And i made sure they changed the phone no. before i left.

Uptil now, he still laugh about the whole thing and never forgets to put my name for some kin church donations when i don tell am say i no dey go church again. All because he knew how much i make
Phewww... Long story dis night.

Your choice!
lol. Laf don comot my trouser oo,ur dad na badt sharp man,very funny man
Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by patcyn: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
@chillisauce,Laff wan kill me hia oooo. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by blank(f): 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
My parents know how much i earn and i knew how much they earned before they retired. No big deal there.

However, it works for us because we grew up in a home where there was transparency and accountability.
Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by Nielbaba(m): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
blank: My parents know how much i earn and i knew how much they earned before they retired. No big deal there.

However, it works for us because we grew up in a home where there was transparency and accountability.
just wanna know,cos to me I do tell dem most ttin despite I dnt stay wit dem,n I was suprised last week I went for a family friends wedin n I just toast hiim I dnt have tfair bak to my base ,he just smile n said he understand n gave me more than half of my allawe, probabaly due to him knowin how much am earning or somtin
Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by s3nn2x(m): 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
Whether I tell them or not, they would still know.

It is not difficult to find out how much a person earns, especially if it is a government job; Thanks to google and Nairaland!

I believe my mom knows how much my basic salary is, but she does not know my how much I collect as allowances.
Re: Disclosing How Much You Earn To Your Parent by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
My parents have never asked, I guess they know how private I can be.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper For Parent to Keep Stock Of Child's School Fees Receipt? / Child Abuse: A Detriment To The Future Of Our Great Country. / Iwedding Ring!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.