Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays (22571 Views)

Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Why Don't Women Cover Their Heads In Church Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Dannylux: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
Andyblaze: One thing i still fail to understand is why a woman cannot just have her hair covered for just 3 to 4 hours of service. If a lady is truly beautiful she doesn't have to leave her hair to full display before she is counted as pretty. I guess its the vain mind of today's women who believe the church is a place to show off and flirt.

I totally agree with you
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Judolisco(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dem say na paul talk am no b jesus
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by specialguest(f): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
Why do we like to over do in Nigeria? Those missionaries that brought religion to Nigeria did their women cover their hair? I know catholic sisters cover their hair but i doubt any other globally recognized denomination emphasizes on that. Or is the teaching one going to receive in church not better than the person's outward appearance?

We have those that cover from head to toe yet their hearts are as hardened as granite, may God have mercy on them. While i am an advocate for modesty and moderation, i do not condemn any hair uncovering sister.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Pukkah: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
People do what they want to do.

Generally, people do what is convenient for them regardless of what anyone or God says

Even when you give them relevant quotations or evidence, they will argue. They interprete the verses to suit their whims. A few of them might see reason with you but the bulk of them will argue, obfuscate issues or even pretend that they don't understand what you're saying.

The average person knows what's reasonable but they just keep on doing what they find easy, fashionable or acceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Copiousworld: 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Let us not misinterpret the bible, you can't read one verse and hold claims to it. In Paul's statement there is explicit line between the hair and the head. in Vs 15 of same 1Cor 11 he said " but if a woman have long hair, its a glory to her : for her hair is giving to her for a covering" If i may ask, whats the long hair covering? Isn't it the head? Its no offense for a lady to go to church with her hair uncovered, worshiping God is between you and your maker.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
illuminati taking over churches #teamsaynotoilluminati#
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by rofemiguwa(f): 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Op I tink u nid to change ur church immediately.only today for ur church u see women wey dey dance azonto and makossa.u  d one wey no gree cover head.I begin to wonder whether u heard anytin the man of God said today.coz from all indication u were too busy Picking right and wrong.biko my dear run to where ur faith can carry u.so that u don't miss heaven while staring at skelewu dAnce move or someone with long hair.you don't have to be in a churCh were all u gain is doubts and distraction.dere are some many churches were dy don't dance or leave hair uncovered.pleAse port to one of dose ones and save ur self and ur soul grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by osifred(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
The head should be covered and the hair serves as a covering.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Adeoba10(m): 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2013
Wu kiaz, make dey Open yash self...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lastmessenger: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
I like them keeping their hair open. i dont know about you
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by trolling(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
most of these women are so clueless to why their head should covered always, it has a spiritual connotation but Christian women dont get it,I know some of my Hebrewess get it, theres a reason why Rachel covered her before Isaac and Jezebel before Yehu,figure it out then we can talk but no they want to show off their 500 naira weve-on and fake brazillian hair,vain women i say
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lastmessenger: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
Pukkah: People do what they want to do.

Generally, people do what is convenient for them regardless of what anyone or God says

Even when you give them relevant quotations or evidence, they will argue. They interprete the verses to suit their whims. A few of them might see reason with you but the bulk of them will argue, obfuscate issues or even pretend that they don't understand what you're saying.

The average person knows what's reasonable but they just keep on doing what they find easy, fashionable or acceptable.

please tell us ur own side.should ladies leave their head or hair covered or not?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: you see that your comment doesnt make sense but is a piece of trash?
you my friend are actually the piece of trash. You and people like you will continue to perish as long as you listen to your pastor and not read your bible yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lastmessenger: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
trolling: most of these women are so clueless to why their head should covered always, it has a spiritual connotation but Christian women dont get it,I know some of my Hebrewess get it, theres a reason why Rachel covered her before Isaac and Jezebel before Yehu,figure it out then we can talk
what could be the reason bro?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by oguash: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
Just passing by
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lastmessenger: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
blink182: you my friend are actually the piece of trash. You and people like you will continue to perish as long as you listen to your pastor and not read your bible yourselves.
how are u sure they will perish?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Tmonex: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
May God save us all....so many things left for God only to Judge..! May God save us, i say again.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lastmessenger: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
donnypool: illuminati taking over churches #teamsaynotoilluminati#
is illuminati an angel?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
vickyO:
Not you, but the women who do not agree with that doctrine are free to do so. it isn't wrong to leave your hair uncovered to church.
1. Christ embassy
2. Living world etc.
U must be one of them
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by asco15(m): 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ps.39:5 'verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity'. Is d bible verses they hvn't read, and thats why they try to wear make-up and weavon 2 b at their best vanity. I pity d souls of such people if they dn't repent.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lolaxavier(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: you see that your comment doesnt make sense but is a piece of trash?

Guy, his/her comment does not in anyway mean trash. You are certainly the one talking off-key. How does this become your headache and problem? Who are you advocating for? How does it impact on your life? If a lady chooses not to cover her hair, it's 100% up to her. The sooner you accept the fact that people have free will to coordinate their lives and make decisions on their own, the better. Abeg, go park well jooor...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by lirusehn(m): 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
shuda say d OP is high on some craps? Wot ar ur points here son?
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Iruolycious(f): 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
If u read more closely, u'll see that head covering 4 women was a CUSTOM in corinth. We have no such custom so y bother?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Iruolycious(f): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
And insinuating that an uncovered head "in d presense of God" shares God's glory is such a shame. Where did d Bible say that? Wasn't it God that gave her d glory in d frst place?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by olajide21: 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
Andyblaze: One thing i still fail to understand is why a woman cannot just have her hair covered for just 3 to 4 hours of service. If a lady is truly beautiful she doesn't have to leave her hair to full display before she is counted as pretty. I guess its the vain mind of today's women who believe the church is a place to show off and flirt.
It's amazing that you all could come out and discuss this issue vaguely and without deep thought. If the hair is part of a woman's beauty and it's deemed flirty if she uncovers it. The question is WHY should a woman leave her hair uncovered inside the place of worship or outside it.
Let's be frank, the church, it's leaders and it's goers are never serious on keeping its tenets. In your church today, didn't you see the lady with the tight fitted clotings, micro mini skirt and all sorts of ornaments to send statements either right or wrong ones. Peeps, at these stage let no one lie to us as to what is contained in the original scriptures. Let's study the scriptures and listen less to the ones that reads it and interprets it wrongly to us.
Before you can understand your way of life, let's study the life us the ones close to us!
Peace be unto you all.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by olajide21: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
It's amazing that you all could come out and discuss this issue vaguely and without deep thought. If the hair is part of a woman's beauty and it's deemed flirty if she uncovers it. The question is WHY should a woman leave her hair uncovered inside the place of worship or outside it.
Let's be frank, the church, it's leaders and it's goers are never serious on keeping its tenets. In your church today, didn't you see the lady with the tight fitted clotings, micro mini skirt and all sorts of ornaments to send statements either right or wrong ones. Peeps, at these stage let no one lie to us as to what is contained in the original scriptures. Let's study the scriptures and listen less to the ones that reads it and interprets it wrongly to us.
Before you can understand your way of life, let's study the life us the ones close to us!
Peace be unto you all.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by LadyH(f): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
Picture this. Sandra and Rose are friends. On a sunday, they both head to church n Rose covers her hair with a scarf while Sandra doesnt. Sandra, actually has a purer heart and Rose is no way near a good gurl. The trumpet blows and Jesus comes, who will He take with Him?? Guys, drop the talk. "The hair is given to her as a covering". As a Catholic, i cover my hair. But i hve nufin against those that don't. This is just hair, not flesh.
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Akpangbon: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
This is how to cover your head.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
lolaxavier:

Guy, his/her comment does not in anyway mean trash. You are certainly the one talking off-key. How does this become your headache and problem? Who are you advocating for? How does it impact on your life? If a lady chooses not to cover her hair, it's 100% up to her. The sooner you accept the fact that people have free will to coordinate their lives and make decisions on their own, the better. Abeg, go park well jooor...
U who ar u aslo advocatin for? My God is not a God of confusionist and disorderliness!
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nicepoker(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tobius tobius: How does it concern you? Go to church and listen to the Word, not peer about looking at uncovered female heads. Does the covering (or lack thereof) make them more/less faithful or spiritual? Making nountains out of molehills. Misogyny according to Apostle Paul.
disgrace to humanity
Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by cold(m): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
This God sef,what is his problem with women? Their hair is so disgusting they have to cover it in your presence. They should be seen and not heard..which one again sef..you even want them råped & sold as slaves..ah ah baba God why're you such a misogynist? Are there not enough pressing problems in the world to deal with already rather than chasing after petty ego-massaging stuff? Na wa for you o!

Re: Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tobius tobius: How does it concern you? Go to church and listen to the Word, not peer about looking at uncovered female heads. Does the covering (or lack thereof) make them more/less faithful or spiritual? Making nountains out of molehills. Misogyny according to Apostle Paul.

This is how the church gradually loses its dignity and gets exposed to more heresy.
Whether anybody likes it or not, the church is made to be solemn and holy, for God is holy.
It should have an atom of 'worldlessness', a center for sober reflection .
How any hours do we even stay in church that some ppl cant afford to give a little mortification?
@ OP, this is the best post of the day. The FP is filled with solar eclipse tnz, yet the sun rays even penetrated my room like tomorrow no dey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Donates Borehole, Distributes Items In Abuja To Mark Birthday / Debunking The Trinity Logic / What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.