Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Debunking The Trinity Logic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking The Trinity Logic (22613 Views)

The Trinity And Identity Of God / Who Invented The Trinity? / youtube videos debunking Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 8:28pm On May 03, 2016
the concept of one God known to Abraham, moses, Jacob ànd the jews is simply one single person known as God or supreme being.

but trinitarians object that one God is actually a combination of three persons and EACH is God .

again , one God cannot be three persons. its either one Single God or nothing else.

CAN ANY TRINITARIAN USE THE SAME ILLEGAL LOGIC THEY USE IN EXPLAINING THE TRINITY TO EXPLAIN THIS SCRIPTURE:

Ephesians 4:4-6 International Standard Version (ISV)
There is one body and one Spirit. Likewise, you were called to the one hope of your calling.
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

one God
and Father of all, 6
who is above all, through all, and in all.

does it mean there are three persons in one Lord?

three in one HOPE ?

three in one FAITH ?

three in one baptism ?

** is this scripture to be understood as single one or three in one ?

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 10:42am On May 04, 2016
Barristter07:
the concept of one God known to Abraham, moses, Jacob ànd the jews is simply one single person known as God or supreme being.

but trinitarians object that one God is actually a combination of three persons and EACH is God .

again , one God cannot be three persons. its either one Single God or nothing else.

CAN ANY TRINITARIAN USE THE SAME ILLEGAL LOGIC THEY USE IN EXPLAINING THE TRINITY TO EXPLAIN THIS SCRIPTURE:

There is one body and one Spirit. Likewise, you were called to the one hope of your calling.

one God
and Father of all, 6

three in one HOPE ?

three in one FAITH ?

three in one baptism ?

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 11:43am On May 04, 2016
Barristter07:

Just as the concept of 'Son of God' was not known to them.

but trinitarians object that one God is actually a combination of three persons and EACH is God.

But do you object to the fact that the whole human race is ONE MAN? Your understanding of this statement will determine your level of understanding of Trinity.

Your conclusion is irrelevant here. What matters is the revelation God reveals about Himself.

one God and Father of all, 6

Going by your logic, there's only ONE LORD known in the OT which is God but in the NT Jesus Christ is the ONLY ONE LORD. That means Jesus Christ is God.

three in one HOPE ?

three in one FAITH ?

three in one baptism ?

Are these things person?

To be understood as ONE!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 1:23pm On May 04, 2016
Emusan:

Just as the concept of 'Son of God' was not known to them.

1 Chronicles 28:6

" He said to me, `It is Solomon your son who shall build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my Son, and I will be his Father. "

Solomon is here called son of God.

show us where they described God as three person in one God ?

But do you object to the fact that the whole human race is ONE MAN? Your understanding of this statement will determine your level of understanding of Trinity.

present your fact and the terminology u used to arrive at that conclusion, then I can speak on this.

Your conclusion is irrelevant here. What matters is the revelation God reveals about Himself.

Going by your logic, there's only ONE LORD known in the OT which is God but in the NT Jesus Christ is the ONLY ONE LORD . That means Jesus Christ is God.

Are these things person?

the bold is the main concern of this thread, if one Lord in that scripture is ONLY one Lord and not three in one Lord , then do u admit that one God in the same verse is ONLY one God ?

To be understood as ONE!

ONLY one ?

4 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 2:15pm On May 04, 2016
Barristter07:
1 Chronicles 28:6 " He said to me, `It is Solomon your son who shall build my house and my courts, for I have chosen him to be my Son, and I will be his Father. "

Solomon is here called son of God.

show us where they described God as three person in one God ?

Solomon being called the Son of God is very understandable to all Bible students.

But my own 'Son of God' is the one who was with the Father before the creation.

Do they have that concept? May be you can show us from the scriptures.

Mind you, this isn't even the only concept the OT people couldn't fathom about God.

present your fact and the terminology u used to arrive at that conclusion, then I can speak on this.

OK, what I mean is this by NATURE mankind (that is human race) is ONE MAN (only ONE nature), true or false?
So if I say; we're ALL MAN, I don't expect you to think of a female to be called MAN in respect of using MAN for a male. I'm expecting you to grab the distinction between human being and other beings.

the bold is the main concern of this thread, if one Lord in that scripture is ONLY one Lord and not three in one Lord , then do u admit that one God in the same verse is ONLY one God ?

You missed the point. I said "GOING BY YOUR LOGIC" That is, if the OT people have the concept of ONE GOD. Then on that note, they (OT people) also have ONLY the concept of ONE LORD (which is God) and in the NT the ONLY ONE LORD we have is Jesus Christ. Grab that!

ONLY one ?

Yes One!

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 2:55pm On May 04, 2016
Emusan:

Solomon being called the Son of God is very understandable to all Bible students.

But my own 'Son of God' is the one who was with the Father before the creation.

Do they have that concept? May be you can show us from the scriptures.

Mind you, this isn't even the only concept the OT people couldn't fathom about God.

@ bold.

"
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!

Or who stretched the line upon it?
On what were its bases sunk,

or who laid its cornerstone,
when the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

" Job 38: 5-7

OK, what I mean is this by NATURE mankind (that is human race) is ONE MAN (only ONE nature), true or false?
So if I say; we're ALL MAN, I don't expect you to think of a female to be called MAN in respect of using MAN for a male. I'm expecting you to grab the distinction between human being and other beings.

dont let confusion set in .

ONE MAN is a single man . MAN/Nature is another point entirely.

the prefix "ONE" changed the whole meaning.

if u are reffering to the whole human race, its safe to say MAN.

but by adding the prefix ONE " to MAN. it refers to a single person.

we're ALL MAN ? thats gramatically wrong. we are all MEN (plural ) is correct.

You missed the point. I said "GOING BY YOUR LOGIC" That is, if the OT people have the concept of ONE GOD. Then on that note, they (OT people) also have ONLY the concept of ONE LORD (which is God) and in the NT the ONLY ONE LORD we have is Jesus Christ. Grab that!

in line with the bold, I ASKED : if one Lord means ONLY ONE Lord , then God in that same verse is ONLY ONE God , agree ?

Yes One!

ONLY ONE God ? just as u admit for only one Lord.

"
who is above all, through all, and in all. "
Eph 4: 4-6

6 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2016
Barristter07:
@ bold.

"
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!

Or who stretched the line upon it?
On what were its bases sunk,

or who laid its cornerstone,
when the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

" Job 38: 5-7

That's wonderful, so you mean Only Job has the concept of son of God in the OT? Besides, it's God Himself who is asking the question not Job talking about the SONS(plural) of God unlike king Nebuchanezzar who confessed the Son of God personally and He isn't a Jew.

Lastly, the Son of God I'm talking about is the one who ALL THINGS were created through Him. Do they(the OT people) have the concept?

dont let confusion set in .

ONE MAN is a single man . MAN/Nature is another point entirely.

the prefix "ONE" changed the whole meaning.

if u are reffering to the whole human race, its safe to say MAN.

but by adding the prefix ONE " to MAN. it refers to a single person.

we're ALL MAN ? thats gramatically wrong. we are all MEN (plural ) is correct.

You're just coming up! The MAN here is NATURE so if you replace NATURE with MAN. You'll get ONE NATURE.

So, for me to say human race/mankind is ONE MAN(NATURE) I'm right.

Thanks for the correction but I know what I'm saying.

Now do you get the whole gist?

in line with the bold, I ASKED : if one Lord means ONLY ONE Lord , then God in that same verse is ONLY ONE God , agree ?

ONLY ONE God ? just as u admit for only one Lord.

"
who is above all, through all, and in all. "
Eph 4: 4-6

Whereas I didn't make my point through that verse alone. My point was through the whole NT revelation itself.

OT = ONLY ONE LORD (God)
NT = ONLY ONE LORD (Jesus Christ)
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 4:07pm On May 04, 2016
Emusan:

That's wonderful, so you mean Only Job has the concept of son of God in the OT? Besides, it's God Himself who is asking the question not Job talking about the SONS(plural) of God unlike king Nebuchanezzar who confessed the Son of God personally and He isn't a Jew.

Lastly, the Son of God I'm talking about is the one who ALL THINGS were created through Him. Do they(the OT people) have the concept?

the concept of son of God is found in the hebrew Scriptures is the focus of this discussion.

You're just coming up! The MAN here is NATURE so if you replace NATURE with MAN. You'll get ONE NATURE.

So, for me to say human race/mankind is ONE MAN(NATURE) I'm right.

Thanks for the correction but I know what I'm saying.

Now do you get the whole gist?

even though u know its perfectly wrong.

Whereas I didn't make my point through that verse alone. My point was through the whole NT revelation itself.

OT = ONLY ONE LORD (God)
NT = ONLY ONE LORD (Jesus Christ)

@ underlined ... then, this thread is not for you

the OP is trying to see if a trinitarian after explaining one Lord in that verse is ONLY one Lord and not 3 in 1 lord , can accept that " one God " in that verse is ONLY one God too !!!

4 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 6:18pm On May 04, 2016
Barristter07:
the concept of son of God is found in the hebrew Scriptures is the focus of this discussion.

Then where did you find it? i.e that ANY SON involved in the creation work or the creation was done through any Son? in the Hebrew scripture?

even though u know its perfectly wrong.

When you don't know what to say again.

Now do you get the point? That's the main thing here.

@ underlined ... then, this thread is not for you

the OP is trying to see if a trinitarian after explaining one Lord in that verse is ONLY one Lord and not 3 in 1 lord , can accept that " one God " in that verse is ONLY one God too !!!

It's for me because you're not to grab my point is your problem. The whole things boiled down to how you understand my concept of human race as ONE MAN(NATURE).

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 6:44pm On May 04, 2016
Emusan:

Then where did you find it? i.e that ANY SON involved in the creation work or the creation was done through any Son? in the Hebrew scripture?

When you don't know what to say again.

Now do you get the point? That's the main thing here.

It's for me because you're not to grab my point is your problem. The whole things boiled down to how you understand my concept of human race as ONE MAN(NATURE).

hahahaha which concept , the whole human race is ONE MAN , lol

even a primary school kid will never say such nonsense grammar.

no wonder you call it MY CONCEPT" .. u can teach that to ur church, IBI ko lo ti maa se yen, ko possible.

Why cant you admit the same explanation of ONLY one Lord for " One God" in that same verse ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Mightymanna(m): 12:04am On May 05, 2016
christians are really dumb.three in one God? what a blasphemy.there is only one God and jesus is his messenger,criticaly search your bible

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 9:11am On May 05, 2016
Barristter07:
hahahaha which concept , the whole human race is ONE MAN , lol

even a primary school kid will never say such nonsense grammar.

no wonder you call it MY CONCEPT" .. u can teach that to ur church, IBI ko lo ti maa se yen, ko possible.

I can see that simple comprehension is hard for you. I went further to make my point clear by inserting (NATURE). Which can simply be said ONE NATURE.

Why cant you admit the same explanation of ONLY one Lord for " One God" in that same verse ?

That's why I said you must understand the concept I'm presenting to you before we dive into explanation of that verse. Till now I haven't come to explain anything about the verse just presenting a concept for you to grab and using your own logic which you also failed to admit.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 9:39am On May 05, 2016
Emusan

Emusan:

I can see that simple comprehension is hard for you. I went further to make my point clear by inserting (NATURE). Which can simply be said ONE NATURE.

That's why I said you must understand the concept I'm presenting to you before we dive into explanation of that verse.
Till now I haven't come to explain anything about the verse just presenting a concept for you to grab and using your own logic which you also failed to admit.

I smiled reading ur post , you failure to apply the same logic u used in explaining one Lord to one God shows something is fishy.

Only a Lie need the bold to explain something straightforward

Even the non educated among the Ephesians could explain that verse Perfectly well.

" One God and FATHER OF ALL " Eph 4:6

the One God is àlso the Father of All.

the whole heaven and earth have just one single Father . he is the one God

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by smoy: 10:03am On May 05, 2016
Exodus 4:22
22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, my first-born:

certainly 3 can never be 1 is a doctrine of Paul and not of God or Jesus.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by goodnews201668: 8:02am On May 13, 2016
1 Corinthians 15:27-28New International Version (NIV)

27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 

28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

There is always and will always be one God and father of all!
The Bible talks about Jehovah and Jesus as separate personalities, if God placed everything under him and he was made to subject himself after all to him who put everything under him. How in turn will they be one and equal?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 1:59am On Jul 18, 2016
Barristter07:
Emusan

I smiled reading ur post , you failure to apply the same logic u used in explaining one Lord to one God shows something is fishy.

Even the non educated among the Ephesians could explain that verse Perfectly well.

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Lordgel: 8:11am On Jul 18, 2016
OP Can you read 1 John 5:7 kjv?
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DeSepiero(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2016
Dear poster, worry less about things like this which thou ain't sure of.
Have you not seen real trinities like 3 in 1 Nescafe?

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 8:18am On Jul 18, 2016
Johnw74

johnw74:

Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Kindly explain your point in relation to Ephesians 4:6 ?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 8:35am On Jul 18, 2016
Barristter07:

Please, where have I explained anything about ONE LORD here

Or your brain couldn't grab the simple explanation.

And Jesus is also an EVERLASTING FATHER, so how many Father do you now have in heaven?

If you've grabbed the concept I presented to you, let me know then I'll explain that verse to you.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2016
Barristter07:

No! You're the one who need to explain to us why Jesus was called EVERLASTING FATHER if we follow this your statement "the whole heaven and earth have just one single Father. he is the one God"

I know you'll begin to turn Bible upside down now
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 9:17am On Jul 18, 2016
Emusan

Emusan:

Please, where have I explained anything about ONE LORD here

Kindly do, and let's see if the One Lord in that scripture means three in one Lord or only one Lord?

and let's apply the same logic to one God in that same verse

Or your brain couldn't grab the simple explanation.

And Jesus is also an EVERLASTING FATHER, so how many Father do you now have in heaven?

If you've grabbed the concept I presented to you, let me know then I'll explain that verse to you.
To answer your question @ bold

" And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. " Matt 23:9 - Jesus Christ with that statement tells how many Father I have in heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 9:45am On Jul 18, 2016
Emusan

Emusan:

No! You're the one who need to explain to us why Jesus was called EVERLASTING FATHER if we follow this your statement "the whole heaven and earth have just one single Father. he is the one God"

What a dead argument, Tell me: is Jesus, the Father ?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 12:54am On Jul 19, 2016
Barristter07:

Johnw74

duh, your own words from your own head say:

Barristter07:

God's inspired word from God's own head say:

And you question it.
However I know that the sect that call themselves jehovah's witnesses pick and choose
what they believe from the Bible.

You say Father is the one God, and you believe it

and when the Bible say's Jesus is the everlasting Father, you don't believe it

You barristter don't believe God's inspired word, you don't believe God.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 4:51am On Jul 19, 2016
Barristter07:
Emusan

The truth is dead to you, you must mean

You said "the Father" is the one God

are you now saying "The everlasting Father" is not the one God

are you then also saying Jesus is not "The mighty God"

The title "The everlasting Father" is referring to Jesus as the Word - as God
Jesus as flesh - as man, was often referred to as the Son of God, although many verses which I have posted more than once,
refer to him as God also.
But it takes the right Spirit to be able to understand that. Truth haters have been blinded.

Emusan:

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Jozzy4: 7:09am On Jul 19, 2016
johnw74:

duh, your own words from your own head say:

God's inspired word from God's own head say:

And you question it.
However I know that the sect that call themselves jehovah's witnesses pick and choose
what they believe from the Bible.

You say Father is the one God, and you believe it

and when the Bible say's Jesus is the everlasting Father, you don't believe it

You barristter don't believe God's inspired word, you don't believe God.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Jozzy4: 7:11am On Jul 19, 2016
johnw74:

The truth is dead to you, you must mean

You said "the Father" is the one God

are you now saying "The everlasting Father" is not the one God

are you then also saying Jesus is not "The mighty God"

The title "The everlasting Father" is referring to Jesus as the Word - as God
Jesus as flesh - as man, was often referred to as the Son of God, although many verses which I have posted more than once,
refer to him as God also.
But it takes the right Spirit to be able to understand that. Truth haters have been blinded.

The Op asked a Simple question : is Jesus the Father ? Answer na ! grin grin
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 7:47am On Jul 19, 2016
Barristter07:
Kindly do, and let's see if the One Lord in that scripture means three in one Lord or only one Lord?

and let's apply the same logic to one God in that same verse

But do you agree that there is only ONE LORD known to Old Testament people? Let's start from there!

To answer your question @ bold

" And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. " Matt 23:9 - Jesus Christ with that statement tells how many Father I have in heaven.

So, prophet Isaiah was lying when he said Jesus is an EVERLASTING FATHER or Jesus didn't know what he was saying when He made that statement, right?

Everlasting means forever and the last time I checked the EVERLASTING FATHER Jesus was in heaven.

SUMMARY
It's either;
*Both Isaiah and Jesus were lying
*Both were saying the truth but a fable mind like yours couldn't phantom it
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 8:00am On Jul 19, 2016
Barristter07:

It's dead to you because you lack simple comprehension.

Jesus isn't THE Father; emphasis is on 'THE'

Look at your own statement and see that you're very confused "the whole heaven and earth have just one single Father. he is the one God"

The man is different from man!
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2016
Emusan

Emusan:

It's dead to you because you lack simple comprehension.

Jesus isn't THE Father; emphasis is on 'THE'

Look at your own statement and see that you're very confused "the whole heaven and earth have just one single Father. he is the one God"

The man is different from man!

You are still not making sense , so far you confess Jesus is not the Father. That means he isn't the " One God and Father of ALL " Eph 4:6

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2016
Emusan

Emusan:

But do you agree that there is only ONE LORD known to Old Testament people? Let's start from there!

this is out of the topics jurisdiction ! the focus of the op is can trinitarians explain who the one Lord in that Ephesian 4:6 is , only one Lord or three in one Lord . and let's apply the same logic used in clarifying who the one Lord is , to One God in that same chapter

So, prophet Isaiah was lying when he said Jesus is an EVERLASTING FATHER or Jesus didn't know what he was saying when He made that statement, right?

Everlasting means forever and the last time I checked the EVERLASTING FATHER Jesus was in heaven.

SUMMARY
It's either;
*Both Isaiah and Jesus were lying
*Both were saying the truth but a fable mind like yours couldn't phantom it

" And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. " Matt 23:9 - Jesus Christ with that statement tells how many Father I have in heaven. And Who is that Father!

John 20:17 " I am ascending to my Father [size=27] and your Father " [/size]

hehehehe, mi o le rerin oooo, do you have two Father in heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Emusan(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2016
Barristter07:
You are still not making sense,

And you're the one making sense, right?

so far you confess Jesus is not the Father.

Olodo....Has any Trinitarian ever claimed that Jesus is THE Father before?

That means he isn't the " One God and Father of [size=27] ALL [/size] " Eph 4:6

That means Prophet Isaiah was lying when he said Jesus is an EVERLASTING FATHER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion Concerning This Type Of Evangelism? / Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.