Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,288 members, 7,850,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week (1202 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2008
Hello Everybody
How are you doing?
I´m new to this forum and I´ll be totally new to Nigeria by the end of the next week.
So, the thing is that I´m coming and have no clue what to do there. I know absolutely nothing about the Place where I`ll stay and even less about what expects me there.

I hope that this forum is SCAM-FREE and I´ll not make bad experiences but hopefully there will be someone who would like to show me around a little bit and has a good heart.

So, I ´ll stay in Lagos for one month but it is not said that I´ll stay there all the time, maybe I´ll find something to travel around and visit the elephants or see crocodiles, shocked

I also like good Reggae music, all kinds of that like dancehall and roots and ragga and whatever and I´am also a Spanish Freak but this is more out of topic here.

Respond to the post quickly. grin

Best regards,
Arturo, el Rey cool
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2008
What I forgot to add is that I would also like to try the Nigerian Cousine and get to know a lot about the culture, and buy a lot of stuff for my people here to remind them of my best trip ever.
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by spoilt(f): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2008
You are probably not Nigerian. yeah?
Anyway do you have hosts? I mean like a nigerian family or friends you'll be staying with? You dont want a random stranger taking you around. What did you really mean about this forum being scam free?  

You will have fun. Nigeria is a peculiar place but with warm people. Food is good too. (at least to my palate!)
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2008
Yeah, actually I have a Nigerian family where I will stay but it would be ok to find someone to make friends and talk, and I´ll probably hear the comment "Your are not Nigerian" more often than I expect. But this is how you learn the country.

I already travelled a lot around the americas and Europe so now its time to see little bit of Africa
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by manmustwac(m): 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2008
@buzo1984
your not serious how can you come to a country where u don't have any family, friends or relatives? When u leave the airport where are u going to put up?

where are you going buy food to eat, be careful about the water you drink here,

who's going to take u out

i would even leave england and go to ghana if i fon't have any friend there talkless of a white european going to africa for the first time
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by manmustwac(m): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2008
Buzo1984:

Yeah, actually I have a Nigerian family where I will stay but it would be ok to find someone to make friends and talk, and I´ll probably hear the comment "Your are not Nigerian" more often than I expect. But this is how you learn the country.

I already travelled a lot around the americas and Europe so now its time to see little bit of Africa
are u related to your nigerian family? How did u get to know them?
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2008
Yeah, I know that this is a risky venture but this is how it came. I should be travelling with my Cousin (Nigerian) but he unexpectetly jumped off and now I´ll be there, without him but will stay with his family
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by manmustwac(m): 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2008
so he's your cousin not your inlaw?
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 3:45pm On Jul 05, 2008
is husband of my sister
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by manmustwac(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2008
exactly what i was thinking so how long have they been mariied?

and has your sister been to nigeria before?
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2008
They are married for about 9 years now and have two kids, one has been born just one week ago and thats why he is not coming with me
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by manmustwac(m): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2008
it would have been good if all of you could come together. But i guess you have never met any of your inlaws in the flesh before?
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by spoilt(f): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2008
The nigerian family should take crae of you. do they have kids your age for you to hang out with?
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by manmustwac(m): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2008
@spoilt
i don't think so Buzo1984 is not a small boy checkout his profile
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2008
I hope so that there will be someone in the family who will show me around and hang out a bit with me but, I don´t know.
Maybe my french friend who is working in Lagos can pick me up, If not I will have to hope that someone from the nigerian family will pick me up, when its done, I´ll make my way to do the journey
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by realcool: 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2008
enjoy your stay
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by manmustwac(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2008
Buzo1984 call your people in nigeria let them know when your coming and make sure that they have someone ready to pick u up coz thats very important plus all the necessary arrangements for your sight seeing etc
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by imback(m): 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2008
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 3:42am On Jul 08, 2008
Ok guys, now is nothing to worry about, I´ll be in Abuja most of the time.
Regards to you and thank for your assistance wink

If there is someone in Abuja and wants to do something on the weekend,, give me a short message on hotmail.

Regards again. Artur
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by 8ball(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2008
Buzo1984:

Ok guys, now is nothing to worry about, I´ll be in Abuja most of the time.
Regards to you and thank for your assistance wink

If there is someone in Abuja and wants to do something on the weekend,, give me a short message on hotmail.

Regards again. Artur

Just be careful as U undertake yo adventure here.Naija isn't Europe u know.U need to be wary of people u meet sha but most importantly u must have a place to stay throughout yo holiday period.Need i tell u to avoid illicit fun,u should be a big boy so no need for that.This forum is so full of good spirited individuals ,so never hesitate to tell us yo views about yo experience ova here.Wish u all the best
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 1:48am On Jul 09, 2008
any other tips you might have for successful journey to Nigeria?? What to do in Abuja?? Where to stay in Lagos How to get around??

Regards,
Artur
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by motunrayo4(f): 1:50am On Jul 09, 2008
1st off make sure you have money. . . and a lot of it.
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by Buzo1984(m): 1:52am On Jul 09, 2008
don´t worry babe
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by nkc(m): 8:30am On Jul 09, 2008
u wil enjoy abuja, its a coolcity, lots of clubs, parks, and general good sites, just as earlier pointed, have a place to put up, and someone to show u around and u will be happy grin
Re: I´m Coming To Nigeria Next Week by DrObinna(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2008
Buzo

I got into this your Nigeria trip issue a little late, but let me see what i can do for you. I am into tourism so i think i can be of help to you. Firstly, like everybody has been saying ,you need where to stay so that you will have a base to operate from.I live in Lekki, on the Island. And there are lots and lots of interesting places that i can show you. what will happen is once you hit Lagos send a post here and i will volunteer to give you a nice time within Nigeria. If you do not have any place to stay, let me know so that i can make a couple of arrangement and see what could be made available for you.

Cheers. wink

(1) (Reply)

Help / Has The Us Congress Succeeded In Outlawing The Green Card Visa Lottery? / Nigerians In Worcester, MA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.