Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,319 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide (25818 Views)

Fire Guts 50 Shops In Ladipo Auto Spare Parts Market / Fire Guts Abuja Farmers Market (Photos) / Fire Guts Port-harcourt Major Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by moshino(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
Segeggs: so japan of africa can burn!

Very soon the victims will start running to lagos.

@segeggs

These are your fellow human beings who lost their livelihood. They were not out on the streets committing crimes, and this is how you empathize with them. And you'll ask God to help you in your own endeavour, and prosper and protect you and your family, yet you have NO empathy for your fellow human being, regardless of their tribe nor race. What God will hear your prayers? May God visit you with the same mind and heart you have displayed here!

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by ketoprofen(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Italiano1:

Back to sender- Your insults should be directed at your pathetic self. I guess you are blind that I was responding to what another poster said.

A policewoman who has no problem with gross misappropriation of funds and you have the nerve to point the finger.

Like I said to Policewoman who sees no problem with blatant corruption, I was replying to another poster and YES there is nothing wrong admonishing people who have a pathetic herd mentality at the detriment of their own development. 255 million naira if channeled correctly could have provided better facilities in that market that could have avoided the catastrophic incidence that occurred.

which poster were u replying? me?
The amount of money spent in building that shabby mokola bridge, if channeled properly can alleviate the poverty in Oyo state to an extent.
The amt of money spent by fashola in acquiring those vehicles for Tinubu and himself if channeled properly could help the omo oniles and agberos in Lagos other than sending them to collect crumbs that fall from the table of the Igbo men.

Nonsense. U tribalists have not seen anything yet.
2moro, if ur soap falls from ur hand while bathing, blame it on Stella.
If u chyke an Igbo babe and she says no, blame it on Stella.

How many mkt fire incidences did FFK avert during his own time?
In a bid to be tribalistic, u just had to think the aviation ministry covers the civil service.
Iti akwu.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by joxhibit(m): 9:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
I sympathize with them, but that is why everyone should get some form of insurance cover.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Italiano1: 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
ketoprofen:

which poster were u replying? me?
The amount of money spent in building that shabby mokola bridge, if channeled properly can alleviate the poverty in Oyo state to an extent.
The amt of money spent by fashola in acquiring those vehicles for Tinubu and himself if channeled properly could help the omo oniles and agberos in Lagos other than sending them to collect crumbs that fall from the table of the Igbo men.

Nonsense. U tribalists have not seen anything yet.
2moro, if ur soap falls from ur hand while bathing, blame it on Stella.
If u chyke an Igbo babe and she says no, blame it on Stella.

How many mkt fire incidences did FFK avert during his own time?
In a bid to be tribalistic, u just had to think the aviation ministry covers the civil service.
Iti akwu.

This is a classic case of the illiteracy that has permeated the Japan of Africa. I have advised you people to take advantage of the free education in the SW instead of dropping out of school to work for Oga Shinedu at Ladipo.

I replied Policewoman and the other bright spark and you come here and ask if I was replying you. Are you blind or you cannot see the posters I quoted?

Before commenting about Mokola bridge, can you focus on your ecologically devastated and under developed states!

Go and do something about the state of your unlivable region that forces your young men to troop to the SW on a daily basis

Your brothers are taking the initiative and they are agonizing about the condition of alaibo:

https://www.nairaland.com/1445464/photos-peter-obis-uncommon-transformation#18224316

https://www.nairaland.com/1484145/abia-worst-state-nigeria#1484145.26

The reference to stella was made because the total damages to the market was estimated to be circa 500 million naira, half of which Madam Pancake spent on acquiring 2008 BMW bullet proof cars. If you share Mrs Policewoman's view and you see nothing wrong with that, then you need to have an urgent discussion with your immediate family about the state of your mental health.

You accuse Fashola and Tinubu of corruption yet with no irrefutable proof like the receipts of the purchase of those vehicles from another Ibo thief -Coscharis that has now gone viral all over the internet. What we are witnessing in the SW is unprecedented IGR levels that is causing consternation in alaibo, development that we can relate with and see with our eyes. Even Onye Igbo are beneficiaries of the FRESH AIR in Odua land.

While we are seeing progress in the SW, Alaibo is retrogressing at an alarming rate and yet your leaders are building mansions with 400 bedrooms right in front of you:

http://news.naij.com/42446.html

You mention area boys , omo-onile etc, are you not aware that your people now form the majority of agberos in Lagos. 2 of them Chimezie and Emeka Saturday just killed another fellow Igbo man a few days ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/1480111/businessman-murdered-lagos-refusing-settle

In summary, I really feel sorry for my Igbo brothers that have lost everything they own in the fire and particularly upset that some of them are contemplating suicide as a way out but I think it is imperative that we know that this is not an act of God as Madame Pancake would say but an event that could have been avoided if there was less corruption in the country.

5 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ffk well done o! Shameless old man you and your agents take to facebook and nairaland with ur different monikers to let out ur pain and frustration against the Igbos....
Was it an Igbo man that asked ur brother Obj to disgrace you out of office?
Ur end is sure near! Rest in Peace in advance!
Better to be illiterates than being 'educated cowards' who molest their daughters!
Even on wheel chair,ur father not to talk of u,was not worthy to untie the shoe lace of late Achebe,one of the great men of the 'illiterate tribe'!

Not forgetting that the kids from the 'illiterate tribe' were given a cut off mark of over 160(Anambra),highest in the country while their counterparts in the north can score just 2! To get admitted in the federal school,I was so dissapointed that the 'literate tribe' was not given the highest cut off score evn the giant ekiti lol

Italiano or wateva u call urself,u are a dead body! Yes Ozu ka ibu!! angry
Go hang urself,the Igbos are too much for you to contend with! Wretched pig! *spits on u*

Italiano1:

This is a classic case of the illiteracy that has permeated the Japan of Africa. I have advised you people to take advantage of the free education in the SW instead of dropping out of school to work for Oga Shinedu at Ladipo.

I replied Policewoman and the other bright spark and you come here and ask if I was replying you. Are you blind or you cannot see the posters I quoted?

Before commenting about Mokola bridge, can you focus on your ecologically devastated and under developed states!

Go and do something about the state of your unlivable region that forces your young men to troop to the SW on a daily basis

Your brothers are taking the initiative and they are agonizing about the condition of alaibo:

https://www.nairaland.com/1445464/photos-peter-obis-uncommon-transformation#18224316

The reference to stella was made because the total damages to the market was estimated to be circa 500 million naira, half of which Madam Pancake spent on acquiring 2008 BMW bullet proof cars. If you share Mrs Policewoman's view and you see nothing wrong with that, then you need to have an urgent discussion with your immediate family about the state of your mental health.

You accuse Fashola and Tinubu of corruption yet with no irrefutable proof like the receipts of the purchase of those vehicles from another Ibo thief -Coscharis that has now gone viral all over the internet. What we are witnessing in the SW is unprecedented IGR levels that is causing consternation in alaibo, development that we can relate with and see with our eyes. Even Onye Igbo are beneficiaries of the FRESH AIR in Odua land.

While we are seeing progress in the SW, Alaibo is retrogressing at an alarming rate and yet your leaders are building mansions with 400 bedrooms right in front of you:

You mention area boys , omo-onile etc, are you not aware that your people now form the majority of agberos in Lagos. 2 of them Chimezie and Emeka Saturday just killed another fellow Igbo man a few days ago:

In summary, I really feel sorry for my Igbo brothers that have lost everything they own in the fire and particularly upset that some of them are contemplating suicide as a way out but I think it is imperative that we know that this is not an act of God as Madame Pancake would say but an event that could have been avoided if there was less corruption in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by adeyrule(m): 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
Yeah I blame him, his head was just too flat to fan off d fire.
mumu agba hw does this affects fashola?tell ur governors to do something
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by angelfelix(f): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
What a sad story
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Italiano1: 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
peppy luv: Ffk well done o! Shameless old man you and your agents take to facebook and nairaland with ur different monikers to let out ur pain and frustration against the Igbos....
Was it an Igbo man that asked ur brother Obj to disgrace you out of office?
Ur end is sure near! Rest in Peace in advance!
Better to be illiterates than being 'educated cowards' who molest their daughters!
Even on wheel chair,ur father not to talk of u,was not worthy to untie the shoe lace of late Achebe,one of the great men of the 'illiterate tribe'!

Not forgetting that the kids from the 'illiterate tribe' were given a cut off mark of over 160(Anambra),highest in the country while their counterparts in the north can score just 2! To get admitted in the federal school,I was so dissapointed that the 'literate tribe' was not given the highest cut off score evn the giant ekiti lol

Italiano or wateva u call urself,u are a dead body! Yes Ozu ka ibu!! angry
Go hang urself,the Igbos are too much for you to contend with! Wretched pig! *spits on u*

I will let you wallow in your ignorance!

Attack the post and not the poster, did you not learn that in your primary school?

You are so paranoid that you think every YORUBA man on NL is FFK

By the time we are done with you, we will give every umuigbo a tier 2 Nigerian Passport and will state the following with a Government crest stamped -

" This fellow is unfortunately a Nigerian citizen and is potentially a danger to your country, please ensure that you take every necessary precaution to ascertain the exact purpose of his/her visit. The holder of this passport comes from the South East of Nigeria where criminality, cannibalism, corruption and most importantly the trade in narcotics is a way of life. We would advise that you detain the holder of this passport until further notice until if/when you are able to determine the exact purpose of their entry into your country. On behalf of the Federal Republic of Nigeria- we wish you the best of luck".

5 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by whitecat007: 2:17am On Oct 20, 2013
Yepaarriipa!!!!!
Italiano1:

I will let you wallow in your ignorance!

Attack the post and not the poster, did you not learn that in your primary school?

You are so paranoid that you think every YORUBA man on NL is FFK

By the time we are done with you, we will give every umuigbo a tier 2 Nigerian Passport and will state the following with a Government crest stamped -

" This fellow is unfortunately a Nigerian citizen and is potentially a danger to your country, please ensure that you take every necessary precaution to ascertain the exact purpose of his/her visit. The holder of this passport comes from the South East of Nigeria where criminality, cannibalism, corruption and most importantly the trade in narcotics is a way of life. We would advise that you detain the holder of this passport until further notice until if/when you are able to determine the exact purpose of their entry into your country. On behalf of the Federal Republic of Nigeria- we wish you the best of luck".

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by chukwudi1989(m): 3:46am On Oct 20, 2013
crychai!is an incident....but if I am one of the fire fighters I would have satyd back cus coming there witout achiving any thing is a big blow to them....OBI should take responsiblity of that.GOD help them in. Any way to cushion them o.

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Teebag28: 7:45am On Oct 20, 2013
Segeggs: so japan of africa can burn!

Very soon the victims will start running to lagos.
u need low dose haloperidol
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by ketoprofen(m): 8:35am On Oct 20, 2013
Italiano1:

In that case, free education is not good.

Can u even compare the wealth distribution among among yorubas to that of igbos?
Ur leaders cheat d hell out of u guys, same way as the northerners. While they live in decent houses, the vast majority of u live in mud houses and very old houses begging for renovation.
Many of u staying at the Yoruba capital (Ibadan) can't even afford beans.
FYI, Orji uzor opened camp neya in 1998, do the maths and discover that we are not almajiris like u.

btw, who are u posting those links for? Don't u read newspapers and listen to. news? The vast majority of crimes are done by yorubas ranging from Se.x scandals to freezing and selling of human parts are done by yorubas - Dem swear for Una?

See hopeless ppl that are not even. in charge of their state economies coming to talk rubbish.

Were u blind when she was renovating airports nationwide? how many did ffk renovate?

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Standing5(m): 9:00am On Oct 20, 2013
If same thing had happened to an artisan, say a truck driver or a tailor, the man would have to worry about his tool and materials only, but not his whole career/investment. Moral of the story for those who think life starts and end with trading is, never a mock a decent business, no matter how simple and small it is.
For the man to attempt suicide suggests that he has no form of insurance covering those goods.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by ketoprofen(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Standing5: If same thing had happened to an artisan, say a truck driver or a tailor, the man would have to worry about his tool and materials only, but not his whole career/investment. Moral of the story for those who think life starts and end with trading is, never a mock a decent business, no matter how simple and small it is.
For the man to attempt suicide suggests that he has no form of insurance covering those goods.

Where do yorubas think life start and end with?
Almajirism?
Because I don't know whether any part of yorubaland exhibit better handiwork like is seen in Aba.
Didn't u read in the post that those waterproof materials are produced there.

Those ppl are to blame of course for not having handy fire extinguishers around but that doesn't mean u should go tribal abt it.
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by 99cent: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
I can't sympathize with them. God forgive me.
As a yoruba woman, if this had happened in lagos or SW/North. They will not let us hear word again. They will be shouting marginalization, biafra, nigeria is evil blah blah blah.
Now it has happened in their own backyard, what will they blame? They can't blame yorubas and hausas can they?
Sigh of relief.
Igbo people need to check themselves. all the blaming of others for ur problems need to stop.
they are going to these other places for greener pastures after-all. many of them will go to lagos or the north. so why the antagonism and vile attitude.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Italiano1: 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
99cent: I can't sympathize with them. God forgive me.
As a yoruba woman, if this had happened in lagos or SW/North. They will not let us hear word again. They will be shouting marginalization, biafra, nigeria is evil blah blah blah.
Now it has happened in their own backyard, what will they blame? They can't blame yorubas and hausas can they?
Sigh of relief.
Igbo people need to check themselves. all the blaming of others for ur problems need to stop.
they are going to these other places for greener pastures after-all. many of them will go to lagos or the north. so why the antagonism.

There is nothing to ask for forgiveness about, that is your opinion. An opinion that is shared by millions of Nigerians
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mama iyabo we don't need ur sympathy!
U shud be more concerned about ur daughters getting molested by their fathers!!

99cent: I can't sympathize with them. God forgive me.
Sigh of relief.
they are going to these other places for greener pastures after-all. many of them will go to lagos or the north. so why the antagonism and vile attitude.

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Millions of westerners?? agreed! but the last time I checked,ur brother obj prefers to work with Igbos! GEJ admits the Igbos are the pillars of his govt!Sanusi describes the yorubas as the problem with Nigeria!
..Born and raised in kano,a northerner prefers to do business with an Igbo man than a yoruba man!
In their words;u are infidels,jumping from one religion to another in search of material tins!

Italiano1:

There is nothing to ask for forgiveness about, that is your opinion. An opinion that is shared by millions of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Italiano1: 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
peppy luv: Millions of westerners?? agreed! but the last time I checked,ur brother obj prefers to work with Igbos! GEJ admits the Igbos are the pillars of his govt!Sanusi describes the yorubas as the problem with Nigeria!
..Born and raised in kano,a northerner prefers to do business with an Igbo man than a yoruba man!
In their words;u are infidels,jumping from one religion to another in search of material tins!

Education, education, education!

Go and read my post again before you start hyperventilating on an empty stomach.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
Read all previous comments....

Not surprised at the comments of certain posters with hyenic tendencies, gloating and laughing over misfortunes of their natural economic overlords like jackasses....its normal. grin

My take.....

There is no need to commit suicide. It's an abomination in Igboland. Who will bury an abominable corpse?. We already know those who take their own lives as part of their culture.

They will bounce back....they've always done that.
Business success runs in their blood, can't even do anything about it, it already encoded in their genes.

All they need to do is to tarry and hang in there. They've gone through worst as a people...They will bounce back.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
From ur comments its obvious u are the hungry one here as ur posts is filled with anger!bitterness and frustration!

An hungry man is indeed an angry man!
Big old fooool!fvck u!

Italiano1:

Education, education, education!

Go and read my post again before you start hyperventilating on an empty stomach.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Italiano1: 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
peppy luv: From ur comments its obvious u are the hungry one here as ur posts is filled with anger!bitterness and frustration!

An hungry man is indeed an angry man!
Big old fooool!fvck u!

Calm down Peper luv, there is no need for insults! I am not intentionally disturbing your business - you get I mean?

Just go and console your brothers so that they dont commit suicide- if pleading does not work, you can use your talents to make them happy.

If that does not work because you are incapable of satisfying any man with your expanded you know what, they can always come to the SW to start again- Ibo Kwenu

2 Likes

Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by mandarin: 12:04am On Oct 21, 2013
Very very sad to hear. We are short of life saving facilities in Nigeria including risks mitigation. We should embrace more modernity, insurance and prayers. Govt must also be co-opted to do what is right.

Sorry to my brothers that lost their savings, I pray for God's intervention on thgeir behalf and they should take advantage of the election things to get needed attention
Re: Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 21, 2013
Italiano1:

Calm down Peper luv, there is no need for insults! I am not intentionally disturbing your business - you get I mean?

Just go and console your brothers so that they dont commit suicide- if pleading does not work, you can use your talents to make them happy.

If that does not work because you are incapable of satisfying any man with your expanded you know what, they can always come to the SW to start again- Ibo Kwenu

So u think you've a made point by vomiting all over this thread and clicking 'like' with your numerous monikers as usual....eh?

Maybe you should leave the lady alone and face me- your nightmare.

You would have been better off, if you had remained in that your mom's lawma truck(u know wat i mean) for 9months and completed your embryonic process instead of jumping out just 1 day after fertilization.
You still have the chance as she is still alive, you can jump back in there and maybe come out a normal human being.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute find your way to the Ethnic section, stop tying wrapper and fighting ladies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advice needed : How do I successfully manage my bakery In Nigeria from the UK?. / Things You Should Never Say To Your Boss / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 12%,Tightens Money Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.