Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

HORROR: Parents Sell Baby Daughter For Iphone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HORROR: Parents Sell Baby Daughter For Iphone (597 Views)

New Yorker Offered To Sell Baby Online For $100 / Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' / London Mother Jailed For Trying To Sell Baby 35.000GBP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HORROR: Parents Sell Baby Daughter For Iphone by etunoman76(m): 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
A young Chinese couple are facing criminal punishment for "selling" their infant daughter and using the proceeds to buy an Apple iPhone, state media said Friday.

Shanghai prosecutors have brought a case against them for human trafficking after they illegally put their third child up for adoption online and accepted money for the baby.

Investigators found the mother, whose full name was not given, used the money to buy an iPhone, high-end sports shoes and other goods, it said.

Apple's products are wildly popular in China, where a teenager sold his kidney and used the funds to buy an iPhone and iPad in an incident widely reported last year.

But the couple told police that they wanted the girl to have a better upbringing than they could afford, since they already had two children.

"Giving away the child was not for obtaining benefits, but giving the child better guarantees," one said.

Some Chinese, especially in rural areas, have a traditional preference for sons though reports did not say if the child's gender was also a factor in the case.

Online commentary condemned the couple, though some used black humour to describe modern Chinese society and the quest for wealth.

"So cold-blooded! These people do not deserve the right to be parents!" said Wangzhan1969 in a microblog posting.

"This is good business -- no capital, huge profit and no need to sell kidneys," said another posting.

An official of the prosecutor's office handling the case expressed worry over "sensationalism" surrounding the affair but declined to comment further to AFP.

Shanghai police could not be reached for comment.

Reports did not give the amount the couple received for the child, but their online postings asked for 30,000 yuan and 50,000 yuan ($4,900 and $8,200).

http://news.naij.com/50005.html

Re: HORROR: Parents Sell Baby Daughter For Iphone by plainmirror(m): 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
Op no vex oo, i just wan book space.
I dey come (2dae na 2dae)
Re: HORROR: Parents Sell Baby Daughter For Iphone by etunoman76(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
grin
plainmirror: Op no vex oo, i just wan book space.
I dey come (2dae na 2dae)
Re: HORROR: Parents Sell Baby Daughter For Iphone by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2013
Smh.what some people do for vanities ehen.smh.is that how human beings have degenerated into.smh.even when you want to steal a chick from its mother,you need to see the way the mother will attack you,now its some human beings selling their kids.

Some people are just worse than animals.hiaaaannn.

What shocks me the more is despite the extent of human wickedness,God still looks down on us with love and mercy.smh

(1) (Reply)

For The Single Ladies Only!!! / Christmas Chicken / 4 Easy Steps To Be Happier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.