Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. (4904 Views)

Share Your Experience As A Tenant That Made You Decide To Become A Landlord / Fully Fitted 4 Bed Duplex To Let In Ajah! Direct Communication With Landlord. / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by jdilight(m): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2013
I have lived in different places. Among those place, some l live among my landlord a few the landlord didn't live there. From my observation living among your landlord can be very challenging. ln most cases more challenging than most challenging jobs.

My tenancy experience;

My first Landlord wasn't always at home, the wife also rarely at home too made my tenancy relationship good and better with their children expecially the female ones.

The next, my Landlord live 5 to 10 towns far from the house. I was more or less the Landlord with all the ladies in the compound my friend and a cordial relationship with the only male beside me living in the house, who was hardly at home.

l moved in to a self contain mostly occupied by students, menh student nearly begged my life off. They will beg you till you have nothing left on the other hand, they never have anything. Once that was noticed l choose my friends discard the rest.

Guy this house was fun. will talk about the next three places l have lived in later and probably start sharing some of my bad and good experiences in those places.

I will never live in a house where my Landlord will live in the same compound with me. WHAT OF YOU?

Drop your comment and experience.
Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2013
He locks d gate by 9pm n refuses giving his Tenants spare keys to d gate!
Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by kelvin1191(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2013
Guy u got me laughing expecially the student part. Generally, its not advisable to live in d same house with the landlord cos 70% of them will turn u to slave.
Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2013
You do not want to live in same compound with your LANDLORD because of your bad environmental/social attitude, until the day you build your own house and start having Tenants, that is the day you will know how difficult it is to curtail Tenants to live accordingly in your house/compound.

Rubbish, i used to live in same compound with my Tenants, until when i left the country, i have gotten more than 10 reports of strangers getting into the compound all in the name of visiting a friend of mine who is an occupant to one of the flats, they go from smoking weed to harassing other tenants, meanwhile i never saw any of these while i was there, (although i know him to be that way), because he knows so well i will get him thrown in the barrack within a twinkle of an eye, but well, he just earned himself a quit notice upon my arrival

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by justmenoni: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2013
@eddie u just said it all,how can a tenant be praying not to live in the same house with his landlord,is he going to kill all the landlord b4 he lives in an apartment,Although we all have rights to our actions and whatever we say but i totally disagree with the OP...Told my tenants we don't have any business together they should see me as a co tenant like them but that doesn't give them the right to mess up my house,when ur living with your tenant he doesnt hv the right to throw all party even the parties that belongs to his friend he wont hv the right to do so while u are living their but immediately you live elsewhere and ur compound is spacious believe me they will turn it to an event center and Hall..

eddiebruk: You do not want to live in same compound with your LANDLORD because of your bad environmental/social attitude, until the day you build your own house and start having Tenants, that is the day you will know how difficult it is to curtail Tenants to live accordingly in your house/compound.

Rubbish, i used to live in same compound with my Tenants, until when i left the country, i have gotten more than 10 reports of strangers getting into the compound all in the name of visiting a friend of mine who is an occupant to one of the flats, they go from smoking weed to harassing other tenants, meanwhile i never saw any of these while i was there, (although i know him to be that way), because he knows so well i will get him thrown in the barrack within a twinkle of an eye, but well, he just earned himself a quit notice upon my arrival
Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by jdilight(m): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2013
kill landlord ke, who no wan be landlord?

most landlord are very selfish, they want you to do everything for them everything for them. They want to turn their tenant to slaves most don't want to see their tenant progress, so seeing you everyday is like a knife to their heart.

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by justmenoni: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ jd well you might have a point there but blv me some tenant can be more annoying,so its vice versa but na landlord still get hin house na and if tenant no like hin term na to pack comot,well the prayer is that God should provide for us a good shelter and good landlord/tenant that's the best...Hope u are having a nice weekend and less i forget i beg keep us updated na abt the rest of the story..
jdilight: kill landlord ke, who no wan be landlord?

most landlord are very selfish, they want you to do everything for them everything for them. They want to turn their tenant to slaves most don't want to see their tenant progress, so seeing you everyday is like a knife to their heart.
Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by spicyv1(f): 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
Well, I don't have any problems with living in the same compound with the House owner. I grew up to assist my dad manage his estate and I learnt a lot from how he co-ordinates living arrangements and Landlord/tenant relationship.

First off, prospective tenants are interviewed and if accepted, will be issued a written aggrement that states living rules and conditions. If you accept and sign, you will be held liable for contradictions.

With that mentality, when I went off on my own, I would always ask the landlord for a code of conduct. Also, I make sure they understand the set boundaries because really, only few landlords understand that tenants are customers and should be treated right.

1 Like

Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by jdilight(m): 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
One of my best pal said to me, " guy l love you so much, l want us to live together. But not in this student quarter". So l had to move.

My guy took me to my next apartment which l was to share with him. Many things happened for this house l tell you. l can't stop laughing any time l remember this apartment. lt was both irritating and fun living in this house.

The landlady of this house was a sweet devil till she lost her sweet and became a devil, though l love her. but l hate her attitude.

Wen she became unbearable l have to separate from my guy. l landed in another landlady house. this one will be cutting your neck and will be applying medication it.

will be giving thorough analysis of these my landlords and landladies next time.
Re: As A Tenant; The Cons And Pros Of Living With Landlord. by Mannastoress: 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
when ever there is champions league - be prepared to sleep outside. Most landlords even refuse to pay NEPA bills ,LAWMA bill,septic clearing, ask you to switch off your generator once is 10pm , question your visitors , lock the gate by 10pm , refuse you from pounding yam inside your kitchen - endless stress

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Granite, Sand, And Others Supplies For Your Construction Projects / Another Roofing Work For A Friend with Cameron zinc / To Let In Ikeja, Opebi,egbeda,akowonjo,ipaja,ayobo Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.