Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,029 members, 7,838,578 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. (2238 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke - Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / A Piece Of Advice For Someone Want To Venture Into Selling Books In Lagos / Good Business Transaction Done On Nairaland With A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. by Redman44(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
I have been toying with this business idea for some days now. I live in the UK and I have access to a lot of books at very cheap prices. Lots of novels, comics, self-help books etc. I can source for these books very cheaply where I am based as I am very mobile and hardworking. Now, I know it has been said that Nigerians do not read and all that. However, when I was schooling in Nigeria ( University of Ibadan ), there was this old man who used to come and sell books and Magazines in my Hall of Residence. He would set up his table and place all kinds of books and magazines there. Amazingly, he always sold a reasonable amount of items before packing up for the day. I bought some books from him. And I am talking about the years 2001-2005 when the internet had already been present in Nigeria. The books the old man sold are not even up to the standard of the books at my reach and disposal. I have access to brand new and fairly used novels, comics, textbooks etc at cheap prices.

Now, I intend to ship these books and reading materials to Nigeria and sell them to people. I have some selling techniques I will not disclose here, but I need to ask this question. Will this business be successful in Nigeria? I believe it will but I want to hear your own viewpoints. What do you think? Let me hear from you and other ideas you might have. Thanks.
Re: Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. by Redman44(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Is there no one out there that can give me some advice about selling books in Nigeria? I have the means of getting all kinds of books from where I am based abroad at very cheap prices. I plan to ship them down to Nigeria and sell them to people. I am talking about quality books ( Novels, How To Books, Comics, Biographies, Autobiographies, Self help, Gardening, Business etc ). Is it a profitable business in Nigeria? Let me hear from you. Cheers.
Re: Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. by nssien123: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2016
am interested , am a librarian, i work with Nigerian tribune and i finish from university of Ibadan, study library archival and information study 2005 set,
my contact is 08062443443, email nssiensamuel@yahoo.com. hope to hear from you soon
Re: Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. by Eghosa1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
Redman44:
Is there no one out there that can give me some advice about selling books in Nigeria? I have the means of getting all kinds of books from where I am based abroad at very cheap prices. I plan to ship them down to Nigeria and sell them to people. I am talking about quality books ( Novels, How To Books, Comics, Biographies, Autobiographies, Self help, Gardening, Business etc ). Is it a profitable business in Nigeria? Let me hear from you. Cheers.

How far with this idea?
Re: Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. by GRACEWORDBOOKS: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
Redman44:
Nice idea. contact me let us discuss +2348069764864. Thanks.
Re: Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. by endtime1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
Redman44:
I have been toying with this business idea for some days now. I live in the UK and I have access to a lot of books at very cheap prices. Lots of novels, comics, self-help books etc. I can source for these books very cheaply where I am based as I am very mobile and hardworking. Now, I know it has been said that Nigerians do not read and all that. However, when I was schooling in Nigeria ( University of Ibadan ), there was this old man who used to come and sell books and Magazines in my Hall of Residence. He would set up his table and place all kinds of books and magazines there. Amazingly, he always sold a reasonable amount of items before packing up for the day. I bought some books from him. And I am talking about the years 2001-2005 when the internet had already been present in Nigeria. The books the old man sold are not even up to the standard of the books at my reach and disposal. I have access to brand new and fairly used novels, comics, textbooks etc at cheap prices.

Now, I intend to ship these books and reading materials to Nigeria and sell them to people. I have some selling techniques I will not disclose here, but I need to ask this question. Will this business be successful in Nigeria? I believe it will but I want to hear your own viewpoints. What do you think? Let me hear from you and other ideas you might have. Thanks.

I am interested in the books stuff especially christian books , secondary school or high school books
contact me adelekehassan4@gmail.com
Re: Selling Books In Nigeria. Is This A Good Business Idea?. by six33fourng: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
Buy books online from your favourite bookstore in Nigeria. We have a veritable collection of books that span categories as diverse as you could possibly expect.

From segments like accountancy, to parenting and pregnancy, to banking and finance, to even topics on yoga and meditation – almost any category you seek you would books on it.

Apply to join the largest independent marketplace for book sellers today! In addition to helping us to support you and our fellow booksellers, you'll get:

Lowest fees and commissions of any commercial marketplace.
No monthly fee option — you don't pay if you don't sell.
Reach thousands times more people than a magazine ad, for a fraction of the cost

Visit - https://six33four.ng/bookstore/

(1) (Reply)

Am Giving Out $10 And $50 Free Deposit To Your Live Forex Account / Body Language For Leaders | VIDEO Download | Hugageek / 20 Reasons Why Network Marketing Is The Business Of The 21st Century!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.