Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! (2563 Views)

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. / Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread / Tecno Q1 Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
shocked.uhmmm well, I really don't know if I should term it magic or goodwill! Yesterday, a friend of mine bought a Tecno D1 and whilst I was trying to spot the software difference, I noticed that my ice cream sandwich tecno Q1 was surprisenly tranformed to a jellybean tecno Q1! Like most of ya'll know, tecno Q1 can't be upgraded!

Incase you wanna doubt, here are screenshots for prove.

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by flawless911(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
Magic
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by physise(m): 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
magic update
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
tweaking d build.prop is very simple na..

but just to follow others.. .

MAGIC UPDATE
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by demex24(m): 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
GUY tell us how ooooooooooooo....................WOULD LOVE IF YU CN SHARE IT AND wot type of foNT yu using on the fone and dosent get it bricked coz av brickd mine once and now i av CWMRECOVERYMOD

Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by marcjoe(m): 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
R u kidding me....u simply tweaked ur build.prop na...
Stop decieving ppl here
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
marcjoe: R u kidding me....u simply tweaked ur build.prop na...
Stop decieving ppl here

biko, no vex? what is tweaking? im female besides nd like i said i saw d stuff yesterday...
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Before you guys jump into conclusions, even as impossible as it is, why not ask?
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
Onomebabe:

biko, no vex? what is tweaking? im female besides nd like i said i saw d stuff yesterday...
did u buy d phone as a used one...

d only possible explanation to ur SO CALLED MAGIC UPDATE, is tht u tweaked the build.prop... lol..

with tweaking of build.prop u fit even magically update am to version 5.0 keylime pie if u want....
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by krugar07(m): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2013
all this nairaland crave for latest android version is just all about bragging rights. OP, tell me the change u have noticed apart from that it is showing jellybean(4.1.1) u did even state the version. i will only update to a later firmware if, there is a major change, it has improved performance, or some bugs have been fixed
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by krugar07(m): 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
Onomebabe:

what is "antutu"
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by aieromon(m): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
Onomebabe:

Take your time and read carefully. . . . .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1948558
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by aieromon(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
Judinho59: Before you guys jump into conclusions, even as impossible as it is, why not ask?

Ask for what? Posters have given the only logical reason and you want to stick to the "magic update" theory?
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Olamyyde(m): 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
@op, don't take nairalanders for I.diots. We have a lot intelligent people here. Tecno phones cannot be upgraded
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
krugar07: what is "antutu"
lol ... she no sabi tweakin, but she sabi run antutu benchmark.. lol... and she sabi change font with ifont.. and we all knw, ifont wont work witout root.. so she rooted her phone..

yet she no sabi tweakin ooo..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Olamyyde(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
Judinho59: Before you guys jump into conclusions, even as impossible as it is, why not ask?
The truth is mr T cannot be upgraded. why? Because mr T is not innovative(fanboys don't notice this). That is why mr T is ridiculed on nairaland so much. The only mr T product dat was so close to upgrading was tecno n3. Believe me there is real ics for n3. Just that it has ics graphics problem(I think a problem with the kernel).

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by krugar07(m): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
deejay_harry1: lol ... she no sabi tweakin, but she sabi run antutu benchmark.. lol... and she sabi change font with ifont.. and we all knw, ifont wont work witout root.. so she rooted her phone..

yet she no sabi tweakin ooo..

grin grin
bros thank you there.... a jus no wan talk. if not...

1 Like

Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
First, it all happened like this... She (OP) showed us her phone being Jelly Bean, I plainly know it's impossible for tecno phones to get upgraded and also know about the build.prop trick, but she ain't a tech savvy and probably got the phone new.. she got all excited but I still wanted to confirm if this was really true, ..she installed antutu benchmark cause I requested so.... I advised she opened a thread on NL only for other Q1 users to confirm...

Infact, y'all know what? It SUCKS writing this shii angry no sane person will expect an uograde from T, but coming from someone who knows nothing about it atall?

Don't rain abuses @OP, i never expected sensible posts anyway... angry smiley
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Defaramade(m): 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
Chanqwonhonhonhonhohonqwang...i laugh in chinqo. WE SHALL SEE...
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Jeffy1206(m): 12:08am On Oct 20, 2013
U guys talk as if there is no difference between ics and Jb, e.g notifications bar.let her show us her notification bar and see...
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by nani667: 1:36am On Oct 20, 2013
there's a simple solution to all this.... let her post us some screenshots... of her GOOGLE NOW...
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 20, 2013
ok... asumin i edited my phone with build.prop, plz tell me how to go back to normal... yes i rooted my phone myself nd installed ifont.. not that i even knw that im usin the font... and i bought my phone a new one... just tell how to reverse d edit if dats what really happened... because i dnt knw if i did it. nd apart from the 4.1.1, my phone looks like be4 to me...
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 20, 2013
Onomebabe: ok... asumin i edited my phone with build.prop, plz tell me how to go back to normal... yes i rooted my phone myself nd installed ifont.. not that i even knw that im usin the font... and i bought my phone a new one... just tell how to reverse d edit if dats what really happened... because i dnt knw if i did it. nd apart from the 4.1.1, my phone looks like be4 to me...
go and sin no more...

UR magic update wont spoil ur phone in any way...

but just for next time, dont open threads , unless u are really really sure of ur facts....

ciao...

and abeg.. wetin be d name of tht font u selected in ifont

wink
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2013
srsly, i dnt knw d name of the font... and besides, i made this topic not because i was claimin to be sure bt because i was surprised... never expected such an upgrade... since u guys cnt help tell me y my phone upgraded, im just gonna find help somewhere else...
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=deejay_harry1]go and sin no more... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sometimes Nairaland is better than night of a thousand laugh
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by Olamyyde(m): 9:40am On Oct 20, 2013
Onomebabe: ok... asumin i edited my phone with build.prop, plz tell me how to go back to normal... yes i rooted my phone myself nd installed ifont.. not that i even knw that im usin the font... and i bought my phone a new one... just tell how to reverse d edit if dats what really happened... because i dnt knw if i did it. nd apart from the 4.1.1, my phone looks like be4 to me...
Somebody was playing with your phone
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by flawless911(m): 6:22am On Oct 21, 2013
ℓσ◦°˚ °◦σℓ Una just b lyk season film.. See attack from all angles.. shocked
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by chimzyblack(m): 7:20am On Oct 21, 2013
Onomebabe: shocked.uhmmm well, I really don't know if I should term it magic or goodwill! Yesterday, a friend of mine bought a Tecno D1 and whilst I was trying to spot the software difference, I noticed that my ice cream sandwich tecno Q1 was surprisenly tranformed to a jellybean tecno Q1! Like most of ya'll know, tecno Q1 can't be upgraded!

well nyc one u got there bur i will lyk to know wen u bought ur phone n did u rilly check d version of ur phone wen u got it or u r just checking for d first time? cuz if u got it recently den tecno might have done some upgrade on it since u said u did not edit ur build.prop ......#dats if u wat u r saying is true
Re: My Tecno Q1, Now Jellybean! by demex24(m): 7:27am On Oct 21, 2013
Onomebabe: shocked.uhmmm well, I really don't know if I should term it magic or goodwill! Yesterday, a friend of mine bought a Tecno D1 and whilst I was trying to spot the software difference, I noticed that my ice cream sandwich tecno Q1 was surprisenly tranformed to a jellybean tecno Q1! Like most of ya'll know, tecno Q1 can't be upgraded!

post screenshot of ur homescreen /menu and we can tell from there

(1) (Reply)

My Infinix Hot2 Just Got The Marshmello & I Hate It / 3 Fastest Ways Of Downloading Video On Youtube / Checkout 5 New Things Whatsapp Can Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.