Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. (35611 Views)

How To Upgrade Tecno Phantom F7 (A+) To Kit-kat. / How To Install Android 4.1 Jellybean Luncher On Your Tecno N3 Smartphone / HELP! How Do I Upgrade Rooted Gingerbread To Jellybean. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by DjAndroid: 4:28am On Sep 11, 2014
I just upgraded my galaxy note3 from 4.3 jellybean to 4.4.2 KitKat OTA. But honestly, I see no difference between the two apart from the colour of the icons on the notification bar which changed to white.

Am I missing something? Please what's the difference between the two?

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by chemmerfrank(m): 6:08am On Sep 11, 2014
kit kat optimizes the ram better
the name has changed
the version number has changed
and your battery would change too...sooner than later youll find out more..hehehe

7 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by nwaobitex: 7:35am On Sep 11, 2014
the old one is jellybean the new one is kitkat. thats the difference grin

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by DjAndroid: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: kit kat optimizes the ram better
the name has changed
and your battery would change too...sooner than later youll find out more..hehehe

Ok. thanks
Let me wait and see.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by UchihaItachi(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2014
I say KitKat is overrated

2 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2014
Kitkat also comes with a transparent status bar...
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2014
UchihaItachi: I say KitKat is overrated
Nope its not..
A lot of bug fixes and improvements...
If you ain't too tech savvy, you may not notice its huge difference

3 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by sauceEEP(m): 8:55am On Sep 11, 2014
We are in the same shoe bro. I upgraded my Lg G2 from jellybean to kitkat. The only difference i noticed is that the device is now faster.

2 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by UchihaItachi(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2014
Mention:
Nope its not..
A lot of bug fixes and improvements...
If you ain't too tech savvy, you may not notice its huge difference

I guess I'm not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by UchihaItachi(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2014
sauceEEP: We are in the same shoe bro. I upgraded my Lg G2 from jellybean to kitkat. The only difference i noticed is that the device is now faster.

Battery was better on jellybean, at least on mine though it's probably from LG. I had to switch to a custom rom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by awofe20(m): 9:25am On Sep 11, 2014
in my lg l90 kitkat i put obb files in
android folder, and install apk, but when i start
aplication it cant find sd files
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by DjAndroid: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: kit kat optimizes the ram better
the name has changed

I have now noticed that the upgrade came in with "device cooler"
Clean master displayed it. And the device doesn't get hot the way it used to when in was running jellybean.

I am looking out for more changes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by DjAndroid: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Mention: Kitkat also comes with a transparent status bar...

Mine is not transparent ooo.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2014
DjAndroid:

Mine is not transparent ooo.
Haven't heard of this b4...
Well sha.. Probably there's something wrong somewhere or samsung modified their own kitkat.. But didn't u notice any change in the status bar at all?

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Baadal(m): 11:07am On Sep 11, 2014
Pls someone should help me out.....I want to completely UNROOT my note III so I will be able to download KITKAT update....who can do this for me?
Gurus in d house pls help me na....I'm in lagos
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Femistico(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2014
I'm on kitkat 4.4.2 buh since yestday now I ave a new update buh didnt know wat it is again..I wanted to update it buh d netwrk isnt ok
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Slowpois0n: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2014
UchihaItachi:

Battery was better on jellybean, at least on mine though it's probably from LG. I had to switch to a custom rom
same here. is aosp battery better or Cm11? any kernel that gives more battery juice ?
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Slowpois0n: same here. is aosp battery better or Cm11? any kernel that gives more battery juice ?
after updating ur device, a factory reset is COMPULSORY. If not the new update will find it hard or may take long to take control of ur device system. After update, reboot ur phone, then factory reset it. There will be no issue whatsoever with ur device.

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by UchihaItachi(m): 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Slowpois0n: same here. is aosp battery better or Cm11? any kernel that gives more battery juice ?

The one I'm using now(CloudyG3) is based on stock G3 rom, stock kernel. The battery is not that great but the UI has kept me glued to it. If you're looking for battery improvement, try CloudyFlex and apparently, dorinmax kernel is best for battery improvement..so I heard, never tried it

I haven't used an AOSP rom on the phone before but I once tried SOKP, it was cool but battery life was terrible
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Babalakin(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
I've recently been sent this update but I'm scared of d battery drain experienced by those who recently updated theirs. i want to ask,please will I still be able to watch dstv after updating,i'm thinking this new version may not be compatible with my dstv drifta.thanks for ur kind replies
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by StealthyMe(m): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2014

Bro,i don't think you'll like CM11's battery

Its extremely poor....on my device tho
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by francis247(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
DjAndroid: I just upgraded my galaxy note3 from 4.3 jellybean to 4.4.2 KitKat OTA. But honestly, I see no difference between the two apart from the colour of the icons on the notification bar which changed to white.

Am I missing something? Please what's the difference between the two?
U just upgraded na. Use it for one week first. Have you noticed that U can access the notification bar even when on full screen; e.g when playing games and that U can swipe from the bottom to access Google Now from any part of the phone. There are more. Check them out on YouTube.

4 Likes

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by brainyack(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
nwaobitex: the old one is jellybean the new one is kitkat. thats the difference grin
grin grin no kill me lol
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by francis247(m): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mention: Kitkat also comes with a transparent status bar...
Yeah. The status bar is the key transformation on Kitkat.
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by gustav25: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
too me kk and jb are almost similar .....android l is a different ball game

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by DAVE5(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
francis247: U just upgraded na. Use it for one week first. Have you noticed that U can access the notification bar even when on full screen; e.g when playing games and that U can swipe from the bottom to access Google Now from any part of the phone. There are more. Check them out on YouTube.
yea i noticed the notification bar tingy now appears anywhere even while gaming, but i dint tink it was part of the upgrade cos i bought ma fone wit 4.2 on it, barely some hours after using it, it detected new 4.3 update(did d upgrade asap), after that it detected d 4.4.2 (updated asap again) so i barely used the old OS to notice any differences sha... last time i used andy was months back wit 4.0.2 OS ...

Best of both worlds... android (4.4.2 rooted wink) and ios 7.1.2 jailbreak(ed)... so wen peeps b arguing wch is beta, i jst sit back and enjoy their ranting....

over all i am an iphone lover and tink ios is way cooler... MY OPINION

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Mention(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
francis247: Yeah. The status bar is the key transformation on Kitkat.
Yeah.. Thank God someone who z enlightened z here...
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by Baadal(m): 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
I need u guys to pls help me unroot my Note III....I just dont like it rooted and I'll also like to update d KITKAT via OTA

1 Like

Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by yuzjet(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dunno
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by amakufrancis(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Dnt know sha
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by 9jahubcom(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
wait, am still trying to ask google..
Re: Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. by passionate88: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nothing whatso-freaking-ever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Install Play Store In China Android Phones / Deactivate MTN Music Plus In My Phone / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.